Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Aug 9, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #7,486 of 9,829
Well, channel matching has never been an issue with CA IEMs. I don’t know if that graph is super appealing to me however...

Aug 9, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #7,488 of 9,829
Well, I see no point of "upgrading". If you want more best bass slam then the standard Andromeda, just use the Focal Stellia.

By the way, I had no idea there were so many versions of the Andromeda out there until I started reading this thread?

Aug 9, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #7,489 of 9,829
Well, I see no point of "upgrading". If you want more best bass slam then the standard Andromeda, just use the Focal Stellia.

By the way, I had no idea there were so many versions of the Andromeda out there until I started reading this thread?

There’s the V1, V2, V3 (and a V1.5?), along with the differently tuned S and SE versions.

Color wise... I think there’s the green, pacific blue, snow white, iceberg, nickel, and brass for the original Andromeda.

Aug 9, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #7,491 of 9,829

Clearly Campfire wants to capitalize on the success of the original.

Personally I don’t think the original Andromeda can be improved upon. But as always, taste may vary.

Aug 9, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #7,492 of 9,829
How does the andromeda gold compare to the andromeda S limited run?

Graph-wise, it looks like Campfire’s taking the Andromeda in the opposite direction. More V-shaped, less mids.

Aug 9, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #7,493 of 9,829
Just like headphones..... IEM's are just a preference thing depending on your mood.

My Andromeda V1 are 14mths old and there's how many versions????? LOL!! My Solaris fits me perfectly so I'm pleased with the two Campfire's I own.

I'll be honest and say I prefer my Solaris by a large margin. But like anything it's a matter of preference. However so far I'm extremely pleased in the bump in sonic performance testing the Andromeda's with the A&K Cube. Instead of selling my Andromeda's and taking a 600+ dollar CDN hit/ loss selling my pre owned andromeda's I'll renew it's life by spending more money on a "better" dap. After listening to the Cube with Andromeda's I cannot use my green buds on my A&K Norma. The balanced cable with Andromeda really does sound much better with the Cube. However my Solaris/Norma combo still sounds much better than my Andromeda's on the Cube.

Thankfully my IEM sickness is the cheaper of my hobbies :)

The have zero interest in the "new" anodized Limited edition Andromeda's. I'll wait for the next flagship after the Solaris......

Aug 9, 2019 at 3:30 AM Post #7,494 of 9,829
I won't be buying the Andromeda gold that is for sure. It has the typical Ken Ball Tax of $300 (approx. here in this country) over the standard Andros for only a tiny lift in the bass that my eq can do for free! I was expecting better sub-bass but I guess its just a BA design afterall.

Aug 9, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #7,496 of 9,829
I won't be buying the Andromeda gold that is for sure. It has the typical Ken Ball Tax of $300 (approx. here in this country) over the standard Andros for only a tiny lift in the bass that my eq can do for free! I was expecting better sub-bass but I guess its just a BA design afterall.

I do my fair bit of CA bashing (which I believe to be justified), but complaining about price is not part of it. CA is still one of the most reasonably priced up-and-coming western brands.

Aug 9, 2019 at 4:53 AM Post #7,497 of 9,829
I do my fair bit of CA bashing (which I believe to be justified), but complaining about price is not part of it. CA is still one of the most reasonably priced up-and-coming western brands.

Yeah, their high-end pricing, build quality, customer service, and return policy are all pretty top-notch.

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #7,498 of 9,829

+1, come on guys. Especially the B-stock stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back