Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Aug 8, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #7,456 of 9,829
The nozzle definitely looks like solaris. No more 3 tubes.

Aug 8, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #7,458 of 9,829
Dang youre going to have the blue, S and now the gold... Andromeda collection

Andromeda fan here :ksc75smile:
Untill now i’m not dissaponted by any Andromeda...
But this thing of all new Cross-Over-less design it worries me...
Some explanation about that?
What about the coherence in this design? :thinking:

Aug 8, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #7,459 of 9,829
The black Andro is:
- 3 dB more sensitive than the Green
- 6 Ohm lower impedance

Depending also on the impedance curve, good luck finding a good player to match it with. sss-sss-sss

Aesthetically, I would've preferred they keep the spout shinny steel, without the black PVD.

I'm about to put my Andro S up for sale, so it's in my best interest to focus on the negatives and slow down the hype train for this new one. :)

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #7,460 of 9,829
The black Andro is:
- 6 Ohm lower impedance

Depending also on the impedance curve, good luck finding a good player to match it with. sss-sss-sss

Aesthetically, I would've preferred they keep the spout shinny steel, without the black PVD.

I'm about to put my Andro S up for sale, so it's in my best interest to focus on the negatives and slow down the hype train for this new one. :)

All my DAPs are A&K, so i have no worries about hiss...
But some graphs would’t hurt...

Aug 8, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #7,461 of 9,829
The black Andro is:
- 6 Ohm lower impedance

just direct to my s10plus, the andro is dead silent beating M11, ES100, xCAN, so far

Aug 8, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #7,463 of 9,829
116dB @ 7 Ohms! Has there been other IEMs with such specs?
that makes it even harder to find a good synergy since any OI difference will change the sound...

Aug 8, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #7,464 of 9,829
With the specs, hopefully we get a perfect damping factor for the bass tuning of this with <1 ohm OI source. Hopefully those two extra BA are tuned in line more with Solaris to provide that DD subbass body/reverb like from Solaris out of BA drivers rather than boost the whole bass response up without compromising coherency

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #7,465 of 9,829
Wonder why they decided to make this an "Andromeda" instead of a new model

Maybe because CA’s recent track record with new IEMs isn’t great, and because Andromeda has the least tarnished reputation of their existing models.

Also, they have a proven track record with modified Andromedas in the Andromeda S, and marketing-wise, calling this IEM “Andro with bass”, if it’s actually the case and not just a Solaris redux, would fall in line with what a lot of consumers have asked for.

Aug 8, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #7,467 of 9,829
Wonder why they decided to make this an "Andromeda" instead of a new model

That's actually a really good question as with two extra drivers it isn't really the same IEM anymore.

Aug 8, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #7,468 of 9,829
That's actually a really good question as with two extra drivers it isn't really the same IEM anymore.

I guess it’s technically the Andromeda SE? Lime Ears did a similar thing going from their Aether to Aether R (added an extra bass BA).

Aug 8, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #7,470 of 9,829
Argh, I'm still holding out hope that @KB is working on a custom version of Solaris, since I loved its sound, but had to sell it due to fit issues; I know many others agree. But this new SE Gold Andromeda is just so tempting....

I'm just going to add this image

SE Andromeda.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back