Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Aug 9, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #7,531 of 9,829
Aug 9, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #7,532 of 9,829
The crossover-less design makes me leery. Adding the additional bass drivers and tweaking the treble driver would likely be safe - but removing the crossover, who knows how it will sound compared to the Andromeda.

Only making 1000 makes it more of a gamble for consumers; by the time any professional reviews start rolling in, they'll likely be sold out. But it seems like a good strategy for CA; they'll probably sell out before the hype train leaves the station, with little risk of bad reviews of impacting sales by then.

Aug 9, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #7,533 of 9,829
The crossover-less design makes me leery. Adding the additional bass drivers and tweaking the treble driver would likely be safe - but removing the crossover, who knows how it will sound compared to the Andromeda.
The FR looks like an Andro tuned to be closer to Harman in overall tonal balance. Big difference is the warmer mids. It doesn't look like there will be coherency issues like in the Tia Fourte.

Aug 9, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #7,534 of 9,829
I have both the Andromeda v3 and Andromeda S at the moment. The Andromeda S was a demo set with reduced price from the local vendor so I bit the bullet. To me, the Andro S was exceptional in vocal music as the vocals are much more forward. However, I was looking for a set as the Jack of All trades type.... The new Andromeda Gold seems to be able to fill that niche.....

Looking forward to trying it out. I also have the Audiosense T800 which was very close to the Harman curve and I find those very capable and pleasing to the extend that I use the T800 much more than both of my Andro........ Maybe I should sell both my Andro v.3 and Andro S, buy the Andro Gold and call it a day.......

Aug 9, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #7,535 of 9,829
Are you sure about the recessed vocals?

I have the v3, and if anything, the mids sounds a tad lifted and vocals are quite present and not recessed at all. If anything, the bass sits a bit further back.

The recessed mids depends on the source, directly from an Iphone or an AK380 i feel the mids a bit recessed, this doesn’t happened with the sources i mention before, and of course it’s no a problem with the Andromeda S

Aug 9, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #7,537 of 9,829
Not really, i prefer coherency, i will stick to an iems longer than any other device like phone etc so i want my iems sound good on any device. Like audio64 did with tia driver. Consistency.

The 64 Audio technology that allows the same sound signature of an IEM coming from any source is the LID technology (tia Trio and U12t are the universal exponents of this tech).
The TIA technology only allows better reproduction of the high frecuencies

Aug 10, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #7,538 of 9,829
Here, I fixed the matching on the comparison graph for the Andromeda SE/Andro.

fixed.png

Rougher treble and sucked out middle midrange. Less high treble.

Calling these measurements an improvement would be a pretty big stretch imo.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #7,539 of 9,829

:frowning2: don’t touch that midrange.

Aug 10, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #7,540 of 9,829

I need to see graphs from other rigs. Jude's graphs look odd to me. It's like he's purposefully smoothing it out.

Aug 10, 2019 at 1:24 AM Post #7,541 of 9,829
I need to see graphs from other rigs. Jude's graphs look odd to me. It's like he's purposefully smoothing it out.

The measurement setups we have here have been posted about in detail many times. You can find out more by clicking here, including a short video showing how we measure (though the process is a little different now, so we may do another short video about the updated steps, and also to mention the addition of another headphone measurement amplifier custom-built for us by the team at THX).

We generally use 1/12-octave smoothing, but here's the frequency response smoothed and without smoothing, respectively:

Campfire-Audio-Andromeda-Gold_channel-matching_WITH-SMOOTHING.jpg

Campfire-Audio-Andromeda-Gold_channel-matching_NO-SMOOTHING.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #7,542 of 9,829
FR looks like Andromeda and IER-Z1R got together one night and had a little too much wine.

It would be really interesting to see an overly with these 3 IEMs.

Aug 10, 2019 at 3:41 AM Post #7,543 of 9,829
The measurement setups we have here have been posted about in detail many times. You can find out more by clicking here, including a short video showing how we measure (though the process is a little different now, so we may do another short video about the updated steps, and also to mention the addition of another headphone measurement amplifier custom-built for us by the team at THX).

We generally use 1/12-octave smoothing, but here's the frequency response smoothed and without smoothing, respectively:

I clicked.

I have checked it out before briefly.

It looks like an excellent be all and end all comprehensive testing rig.

$$$

*it would be good to see an overlay of the Andro Gold, Vega, Atlas and Solaris.

Aug 10, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #7,544 of 9,829
So, does that no crossover helps saperate the frequencies even better? So no more upper bass low mids bleeds anymore?

Aug 10, 2019 at 5:39 AM Post #7,545 of 9,829
So here you are, the Andromeda Gold Special Edition in Hong Kong. Impression: retain the sweetness I like with the vocals of the original but add a lot of hard-slamming bass.

Is it still a fast decay on the bass? That’s the one very minor gripe I had with the Andros.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back