Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 9, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #6,946 of 9,829
No reply to my Email and no-one answering the phone at CA and ALO. Do they shut down in the middle of the week??
Maybe you have better luck, but my dealer told me that CA doesn't allow changing the cable termination option, not for dealers and not for individual clients.

May 14, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #6,948 of 9,829
I'm also starting to get that odd buzzing/crinkling/crackling sound in the Andro S when I put them on, in the left earpiece specifically. It happens rather consistently now, and just earlier I got it to make a soft, seconds-long buzzing noise similar to what happens when you insert your headphones jack only partway into the plug. I wanted to just dismiss this as not being harmful to the earphones themselves, but I'm getting a bit worried.

May 15, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #6,949 of 9,829
For the record, the noise I was getting sounded like something mechanical, not electrical, like the buzzing you are describing. If it happens consistently, then sending them to CA is probably best, long term.

May 16, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #6,953 of 9,829
I'm about to get a replace Andromeda cause my old one have some mmcx connection problem. Anyone compare the new and old Andromedas sound? Cause I don't want any sound changes
Ken said there aren't supposed to be any sound changes, so the only differences you are going to hear are likely due to (da-da-daaaa) unit variation. :)

May 16, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #6,954 of 9,829
May 16, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #6,956 of 9,829
I'm about to get a replace Andromeda cause my old one have some mmcx connection problem. Anyone compare the new and old Andromedas sound? Cause I don't want any sound changes
I would take KB's word for it and trust that the sound has not changed between the Andromeda versions. I'm inclined to attribute any perception of sonic changes to the new fit more than anything. Or perhaps the cable if you're so inclined.

Can any CFA reps comment on the following?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxcdrkcgpSc/
Translate as necessary.

May 16, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #6,957 of 9,829
Thank you guys ! I just hope the new one will have stronger connectors. I bought my andromeda about one year ago and use it with good care, but somehow the right connector started to have some connection issues, it is much looser than the left one too, the cable keeps spinning :triportsad::triportsad:

May 16, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #6,958 of 9,829
Thank you guys ! I just hope the new one will have stronger connectors. I bought my andromeda about one year ago and use it with good care, but somehow the right connector started to have some connection issues, it is much looser than the left one too, the cable keeps spinning :triportsad::triportsad:

CA's warranty service is by all accounts very good, but this does raise questions about the overall reliability of the IEMs, which will come into play once the warranty period is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back