Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Oct 7, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #5,911 of 9,829
Last edited:
Oct 8, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #5,913 of 9,829
15389986317844907170264807458931.jpg
Damn, I just got these babies and they're already old news..

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #5,916 of 9,829
Hi there!

Anyone knows where I could find cheap Andromedas please (preferably in Europe)?

Tried them in Japan and loved them! But I can't afford spending a grand on these...! :frowning2:

Thanks!

The cheapest you'll find them is for around $750 U.S. here on head-fi if you post a want thread of the classifieds. I assume you can't go through ALO Deals because of customs and charges?

https://aloaudio.deals/shop/andromeda-preowned-by-campfire-audio/

Oct 8, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #5,917 of 9,829
Oct 8, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #5,918 of 9,829
Yeah, I usually don't mind ordering from the US but customs might be very expensive for these.

I guess I'll just wait for a good deal here in the classifieds.then.
I’ve seen the Andromeda Green/S version on eBay for £850.00 here in the UK, I have no idea how they are selling them for that amount new. I emailed one of the sellers to ask if they are an authorised dealer, they replied with a question “are you interested in buying” so I told them I knew someone that is interested so they just replied “ok”
I then emailed back and said “I guess that’s a no then” to which they replied “I don’t get you, are you interested in buying?”
So I’d say stay away from these sellers, probably no valid warranty. UK price should be around £1k including duty paid!!
Head-Fi classifieds would be safer I’d say, it’s a lot of money to lay out without any warranty!!
Seems to be a lot on eBay at the moment, bit weird and a bit suspicious in my opinion.
Be careful, take your time and then you’ll enjoy them all the more.
Good luck

Oct 8, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #5,919 of 9,829
There will always be the next big deal !

Yeah, I was half joking. :)

By the way, has there been any change in the sound of your S from when they were brand new? I'm comparing the S to a 3 month old Green and I'm a bit disappointed in the change in soundstage. Not a huge difference but the S appears narrower and pushed towards the back.

Oct 8, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #5,920 of 9,829
Yeah, I was half joking. :)

By the way, has there been any change in the sound of your S from when they were brand new? I'm comparing the S to a 3 month old Green and I'm a bit disappointed in the change in soundstage. Not a huge difference but the S appears narrower and pushed towards the back.

I have been tweeting the sound since I got them, so it's hard for me to say yes or no to your question .
I was going to pick up a green pair to compare but Im pretty satisfied with what the stainless can do .
I have tried many different ear tips and all have changed the sound for good or bad .
Have tried the Opus 1 and Opus 2 players , quite a difference in sound , both sound great .
I still got some Comply tips and some from Penon audio still coming .
Best change has been the Reference 8 cable, wow , can't believe a cable could change the sound that much ! Wont be going back to the Litz !
Im taking the whole lot on vacation in a few weeks, I should be pretty much done with playing around and get some serious listening done .
I think by the time I get back from my cruise Ill have the best sound Im going to get .

Oct 8, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #5,921 of 9,829
I have been tweeting the sound since I got them, so it's hard for me to say yes or no to your question .
I was going to pick up a green pair to compare but Im pretty satisfied with what the stainless can do .
I have tried many different ear tips and all have changed the sound for good or bad .
Have tried the Opus 1 and Opus 2 players , quite a difference in sound , both sound great .
I still got some Comply tips and some from Penon audio still coming .
Best change has been the Reference 8 cable, wow , can't believe a cable could change the sound that much ! Wont be going back to the Litz !
Im taking the whole lot on vacation in a few weeks, I should be pretty much done with playing around and get some serious listening done .
I think by the time I get back from my cruise Ill have the best sound Im going to get .

Suppose to be tweaking the sound , dam spell check !

Oct 8, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #5,922 of 9,829
Andromeda was the most sibilant IEM in the $1000 price range I have ever heard. No idea how it got their popularity but one thing is for sure; it wasn't their sound quality.

Their other models are alright but their more like toys for grown men with their design (personal opinion).

Oct 8, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #5,923 of 9,829
Andromeda was the most sibilant IEM in the $1000 price range I have ever heard. No idea how it got their popularity but one thing is for sure; it wasn't their sound quality.

Their other models are alright but their more like toys for grown men with their design (personal opinion).

Impedance mismatch at your side lMO. They're dark sounding with Chord Mojo (rolled off treble and boomy midbass) but perfectly neutral warm with my iPod Touch 6G. Pair it with any iPhone that has a headphone jack, it's bright without body

Oct 9, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #5,924 of 9,829
My Andro S. No sibilance on my pair. I don't think these would have this many folks buying them if they were actually a sibilant mess. Didn't hear sibilance on the green pair I tried out next to the S version either.

I got to hear a lot of very high end earphones at RMAF this past weekend. Came away with a shiny new Andromeda S. These sound better to my ears than a lot of much more expensive offerings there. Earphones like the JH Layla and CTM Da Vinci 10 and Tia Fourte. Sure they have a bit more stage, different sonically but for me.

None of them are worth spending double the price for. Andromedas imo was easily comparable to a lot of the flagships I heard. These got my vote for best value by far. I know it is weird to think a 1K earphone has value but believe me. The extra 1K in money for earphones definitely don't get you an extra 1K worth of sound.

Oct 9, 2018 at 12:40 AM Post #5,925 of 9,829
My Andro S. No sibilance on my pair. I don't think these would have this many folks buying them if they were actually a sibilant mess. Didn't hear sibilance on the green pair I tried out next to the S version either.

None of them are worth spending double the price for. Andromedas imo was easily comparable to a lot of the flagships I heard. These got my vote for best value by far. I know it is weird to think a 1K earphone has value but believe me. The extra 1K in money for earphones definitely don't get you an extra 1K worth of sound.

Or you can buy a polarizing sound signature from Andromeda that is equally fun and worth the money too such as the Vega or Atlas or Xelento

Users who are viewing this thread

Back