Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Sep 26, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #5,852 of 9,829
I think everyone that got them are still listening to them !
Very addictive !
No regrets on my end, just put my Westone W60 on ebay .
Guess Ill have to change my Avatar !
Tell me more, tell me more!
Did she put up a fight?

Sep 26, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #5,853 of 9,829
I find the S to be wonderfully neutral, with a natural hint to it. It combines the best parts of technicality, neutrality, and musicality into one IEM. In some ways it reminds me of the HD600, though with a slightly less sweet and forward midrange, and with better extension on both ends. It does justice to just about everything I throw at it and sounds good regardless. That's what I hear at least :p

Sep 27, 2018 at 3:24 AM Post #5,854 of 9,829
Any more thoughts about the S guys?
I just sent mine back, this afternoon. I think one of the low-range BAs is wobbling around in the Right side. I can feel a slight shift in balance to the left, but only on the low end. Then, there's the rattling noise when I walk. Am going to really miss it while it's gone. Am very glad i'm Seattle, because it will be to Portland and back in no time.

For my continued impressions, I was really looking forward to a sound signature more in line with the original Andromeda. To achieve that, I ordered IEMatch. It removes enough bass that I can really spend time explore the treble range of my music. I found a great track, that I'll link below, that was a great moment of comparison. When I listen through Vega, I exist within the strings of the bass guitar. All other notes are merely flourishes and embellishments to the bass line. When I use the Andro-S + IEMatch... "What!?!? There's a song up there!?!?" i really love that I can experience music in two completely different ways, with each of them carrying their own benefits.

I have to say that Andro-S, on its own (running through my LG G7) is pretty damned amazing. The bass hits well, and the textures just amazing. My friend who ordered these for me just got to hear them today, for the first time. I think he's seriously considering ordering a pair for himself.

Sep 27, 2018 at 4:06 AM Post #5,856 of 9,829
I always found Andro's measured frequency response to be intriguing. The treble under 7k looks droped a bit compared to Harman target, but doesn't sound wrong. I heard another iem that is closer to the Harman target that sounded a bit forward and thicker treble.

I personally find 3-4k should be less on the Harman target for my neutral.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #5,857 of 9,829
I always found Andro's measured frequency response to be intriguing. The treble under 7k looks droped a bit compared to Harman target, but doesn't sound wrong. I heard another iem that is closer to the Harman target that sounded a bit forward and thicker treble.

I personally find 3-4k should be less on the Harman target for my neutral.

I don't know what you just said, but it sounded really pro! :)

Sep 27, 2018 at 5:29 AM Post #5,858 of 9,829
I just sent mine back, this afternoon. I think one of the low-range BAs is wobbling around in the Right side. I can feel a slight shift in balance to the left, but only on the low end. Then, there's the rattling noise when I walk. Am going to really miss it while it's gone. Am very glad i'm Seattle, because it will be to Portland and back in no time.

For my continued impressions, I was really looking forward to a sound signature more in line with the original Andromeda. To achieve that, I ordered IEMatch. It removes enough bass that I can really spend time explore the treble range of my music. I found a great track, that I'll link below, that was a great moment of comparison. When I listen through Vega, I exist within the strings of the bass guitar. All other notes are merely flourishes and embellishments to the bass line. When I use the Andro-S + IEMatch... "What!?!? There's a song up there!?!?" i really love that I can experience music in two completely different ways, with each of them carrying their own benefits.

I have to say that Andro-S, on its own (running through my LG G7) is pretty damned amazing. The bass hits well, and the textures just amazing. My friend who ordered these for me just got to hear them today, for the first time. I think he's seriously considering ordering a pair for himself.

That's such terrible luck, I hope you get them back in order soon.

You mention the original Andromeda, have you had a chance to compare directly or are you doing it from memory? (I'm sorry if you already clarified this in a previous post)

Sep 27, 2018 at 5:37 AM Post #5,859 of 9,829
That's such terrible luck, I hope you get them back in order soon.

You mention the original Andromeda, have you had a chance to compare directly or are you doing it from memory? (I'm sorry if you already clarified this in a previous post)
Going from memory. There was a 'breathiness' to the green Andro. I don't get that so much on Andro-S. Of course, there are 9 months in between comparisons. I'd love to A/B, if anyone in Seattle is curious. You gots the green/blue/white? I gotz the silver.

Here's the track I forgot to link above:

Sep 28, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #5,860 of 9,829
Hey everyone, so I just took the plunge and bought the Andromeda's in green. I've got a question regarding a balanced cable. Would it be recommended to go the ALO balanced cable or look at other manufacturers like Forza Audioworks and the like? I'm using a Cayin N5ii as my DAP.

Thanks.

Sep 28, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #5,861 of 9,829
I have been looking at this combo too (andromeda + reference 8) but haven't yet got permission from my wife & still in the process of selling gear madly.

How do you find single ended on the Cayin?

Interested in what you find and how you go.

Sep 28, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #5,862 of 9,829
Been listening to the Andromeda S + SXC8 4.4 mm combo using the Sony WM1A for the last couple of days. Not a big fan of the stiff ergonomics of the cable but I am satisfied with the sound.

Compared to the stock cable, I like how the SXC cable improves the treble and the bass response of the Andromeda S. It might also be the effect of the 4.4 mm balanced out but hey, this works for me :).

Sep 28, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #5,863 of 9,829
Been listening to the Andromeda S + SXC8 4.4 mm combo using the Sony WM1A for the last couple of days. Not a big fan of the stiff ergonomics of the cable but I am satisfied with the sound.

Compared to the stock cable, I like how the SXC cable improves the treble and the bass response of the Andromeda S. It might also be the effect of the 4.4 mm balanced out but hey, this works for me :).
Agreed, I’m using that cable with my green Andro’s/DX200Ti and finding the same improvements.
If your looking for something a bit cheaper, the Ibasso CB13 is a great cable. These are my two favourite cables by far,

Sep 28, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #5,864 of 9,829
Agreed, I’m using that cable with my green Andro’s/DX200Ti and finding the same improvements.
If your looking for something a bit cheaper, the Ibasso CB13 is a great cable. These are my two favourite cables by far,

I think with these improvements, the gap in treble performance between the Andromeda S and the original version is much closer. This is from my memory auditioning the original version a long time ago of course.

Sep 29, 2018 at 12:56 AM Post #5,865 of 9,829
So what is the difference between the Andromedia S and the original one?

And is there some upgrade program or do you need to buy a new set? (If it is a S model, I suppose they share alot of the internal components and thus it would be possible to replace some of the old ones that makes it a S model)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back