Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
Mar 15, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #12,031 of 19,143
Give it a demo if you can, just to be sure both channels work.  
wink.gif
  Good luck to ya buddy

Mar 16, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #12,034 of 19,143
  Just tell yourself - there must have been something wrong with it for that price! (probs had the bulbs glued in ha)

IDK sometimes you get lucky and people don't know what they have/just don't care. usually you get the ones that turn to stupid ebay for reference and think they can get that much and nothing less. I've seen "sells for $XXXXX on the bay" it's really annoying, if they want that much then put the things on ebay. these are only worth as much as somebody is willing to pay for them.

There was a Marantz 2325 at a place in Portland, OR for $999 and unfortunately it sold I heard for $925. I was hoping it would not but it did so that just enables them to keep the prices high or even higher. 

Mar 16, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #12,035 of 19,143
  Yard sale and flea market weather should be upon us soon, so I'd expect to see a lot of postings of killer finds coming in the next couple months. I know I'm always on the lookout for vintage receivers and integrateds. 

Thats where i found my SX 750 the flea market still sounds great.

Mar 16, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #12,036 of 19,143
  Thats where i found my SX 750 the flea market still sounds great.

There's a flea market about an hour from me with a vendor that specializes in vintage receivers. I haven't made it out that way yet, but I see his Craigslist postings all the time and might have to check it out.

Mar 16, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #12,037 of 19,143
  There's a flea market about an hour from me with a vendor that specializes in vintage receivers. I haven't made it out that way yet, but I see his Craigslist postings all the time and might have to check it out.

It could be worth it my guy also specialize in vintage gear thats how i got the amp and it even came with a 3 month warranty all for $100.00 .The only problem now is to find a vintage rack to put the growing inventory of amps in lol.

Mar 16, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #12,038 of 19,143
Finally got a chance to sit down and really listen to the Marantz 2226b. Wow! It is just so buttery, warm and smooth. I'm really digging the sound! It drives my HPM-60s and 100s great! Really hard to believe its only 26wpc... I can't say I like it better than my sx-950 but its close!

Mar 16, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #12,040 of 19,143
for me, this piece would probably throw off just enough light in my listening room so that i could cut out the overhead lights and still see my bottle of pale ale or cup of coffee without having to worry about knocking them over.

none of my audio equipment now throws off enough light to serve as a  "safety light" in the room,  but i usually like the room as dark as possible (without it being totally pitch-dark) when i'm listening.  just seems to add to the enjoyment most times.

enjoy the marantz piece!

Mar 16, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #12,042 of 19,143
And I prefer the "original" Marantz lights over the newer LED upgrade lighting. The blue color that they originally came with is perfect in my opinion. So much so, that it may have contributed to the sound quality.
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #12,044 of 19,143
  And I prefer the "original" Marantz lights over the newer LED upgrade lighting. The blue color that they originally came with is perfect in my opinion. So much so, that it may have contributed to the sound quality.
biggrin.gif

I have 2 Marantz receivers, one with original lights and the other has LEDs.

I agree with you. The original, softer blue lights just look right, IMO.

beerchug.gif

Mar 17, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #12,045 of 19,143
And I prefer the "original" Marantz lights over the newer LED upgrade lighting. The blue color that they originally came with is perfect in my opinion. So much so, that it may have contributed to the sound quality. :D

Lol this might be the first admission of the existence of expectation bias ever on headfi!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back