Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
Dec 8, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #10,982 of 19,142
It does a good job cleaning, but I don't recommend it. It can cause long term damage. It robs the pots of lubricant. After use the smooth feel of turning the pot goes away and you can feel the friction of the metal wiper scrubing against the carbon. And it's not that much cheaper than deoxit. Deoxit is the only stuff I would recommend, and I still recommend using the fader lube right behind it, but it's not crucial.

Most decent size towns have a guitar center. Only 14.99 if you only want to do local, and they carry the gold and fader lube as well

Dec 8, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #10,985 of 19,142
That was a rumor from a few years ago that has now been dismissed. There was a whole thread about it. They do not use the same ingredients. I have ruined a few pots using the radioshack stuff. Even people over at ak warn against it. I really wanted it to be the same because I wanted to save a few bucks. But as with most things, you get what you pay for.

It's easy to verify though. Just buy a can of each on look in the back. The ingredient list of both are very different. And it has been verified not to be a rebrand. But try at your own risk, it's your money and equipment. But I definitely wouldn't recommend that stuff.

Dec 8, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #10,987 of 19,142
  Oh I know it's not exactly the same, and never meant to imply it was.  There's more oil in the radio shack stuff so using less is ideal.  It hasn't ruined any pots for me.  Maybe I've just been lucky.

I will try and source both and see what works out.

Thanks guys. During the rest of the day my Pioneer Quad QX9900 behaved well and both channels worked well.

Dec 8, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #10,989 of 19,142
  Man, I am just a sucker for blue dials! Great shots!

Haha, Me too. And despite the fact that I use my quad purely as a 2 channel amp, the 4 blue meters light up. Also has 2 more blue meters on the extreme left when using FM. This is one "sucker" dial show.

Dec 10, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #10,990 of 19,142
Well the moody mobile is back on the road again. This time the destination is in T-town, which is much closer(little over an hour away). I will say what I'm going to pick up is a brand I've never owned before and have always been curious about what was so special about them. So hopefully I'll find out soon.

Oh and a lot of people here in T-town still walking around with drooping heads, and after more than a week later, still a lot of dead elephants on the side of the highway lol.
(Some of you may get that)

Dec 10, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #10,991 of 19,142
Down goes the elephant!! 
very_evil_smiley.gif
  Long live the Tiger...
wink.gif

Dec 10, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #10,992 of 19,142
Well the moody mobile is back on the road again. This time the destination is in T-town, which is much closer(little over an hour away). I will say what I'm going to pick up is a brand I've never owned before and have always been curious about what was so special about them. So hopefully I'll find out soon.

Oh and a lot of people here in T-town still walking around with drooping heads, and after more than a week later, still a lot of dead elephants on the side of the highway lol.

Even still...
Roll Tide!
U of A alum here.

Dec 10, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #10,994 of 19,142

Ok intrigued to say the least.  Let's hope you have a successful ride.

Dec 10, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #10,995 of 19,142

May have been the best college football game I've ever seen.  The finish was at least. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back