Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
Jun 30, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #5,357 of 19,145
Oh no! My computer monitor might be goin' out. 
blink.gif
 Usually, I'm able to delight in Skylab's photography - gear in all its detail and glory. Things look a bit veiled this evening...

Jun 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #5,358 of 19,145
Yeah, sorry, those were not the best photos, huh? I need to take some with my real camera and not the iPhone...

Jun 30, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #5,360 of 19,145
iPhoto's asside, my god Rob. That's...that's beautiful. There are no other words...

In other news, I found out just how cheap dynaco ST-70 clone kits are...I'm tempted to risk electrocution, get one, and make a seperate power amp for my Marantz...

Jun 30, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #5,362 of 19,145
Holy WOW
You're killing me Skylab.
im really jealous.

i had the opportunity to snatch up a Fisher 500B for 400$ and i just couldn't justify the drive without knowing more about the sound.

whats the specs on the 50-B?

Jul 1, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #5,365 of 19,145
Thanks for all the nice comments, guys! Much appreciated.

Moodyrn it sounds great! I have some nice FM stations here, fortunately, and so it is a pleasure to listen to. Yes, it's pretty tubey, but especially for FM this isn't a bother :wink:

Rawr, not sure of the specs. The 50-B is a nice stereo tuner, not the best Fisher even made, but a nice one. I especially like the EM84 "Magic Eye" tube used as a tuning meter, this is what really sold me on getting one - that and the fact that I was able to pick one up locally, in great shape, for a very good deal.

Jul 1, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #5,366 of 19,145
I have a Denon AVR-3805 which is not really vintage, but I thought I'd ask the question here. I also have the Peak/Volcano headphone amp which I use for headphones, and right now I just use the Denon for home theater. However the Denon has a pure direct mode, and I was wondering if there was any advantage of using the Peak as a preamp to the Denon and connecting to the Denon headphone out.

Jul 1, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #5,369 of 19,145
I just picked up a vintage Technics SA-200 off craigslist last week for 5 bucks!! Awesome little amp after drenching the pots in WD-40. It probably had the most oxidized controls I've ever experienced. Great headphone output. Gets plenty loud. I wish I could get specs on the headphone output as well as the speaker output.

Jul 1, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #5,370 of 19,145
Quote:
I just picked up a vintage Technics SA-200 off craigslist last week for 5 bucks!! Awesome little amp after drenching the pots in WD-40. It probably had the most oxidized controls I've ever experienced. Great headphone output. Gets plenty loud. I wish I could get specs on the headphone output as well as the speaker output.

$5!!? Lucky.

A quick Google search came up with these:

http://www.classic-audio.com/technics-sa200-p-422.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back