Buying gaming headset
Aug 31, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #16 of 77
So positional audio is better at an open headphone =P.

What do you think? 

Sennheiser PC360 

LAST QUESTION:
WHAT'S THE BEST POSITIONAL STEREO HEADPHONE/HEADSET THAT IS ON THE MARKET ?

Sep 1, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #19 of 77

Quote:

Sennheiser HD800 TOO EXPENSIVE
AKG K1000 TOO FRAGILE
AKG K701/K702 TOO MUCH PLASTIC
Beyerdynamic DT880 GREAT
Audio-Technica AD700 TOO MUCH PLASTIC

You will need a good headphone amplifier for all of the above, except for AD700. Maybe also DT880 if you can find a 32ohm version.

Beyerdynamic DT880 I'll go for them, I know a place where they sell that headphone.

Another last question, I'll show you what I want to do with some photos XD. (cause I don't know the words in English, and do not hace a headphone to try).
The problem is that DT880 are 300ohm.

I'll try to use this old "thing" which reproduces audio from a cd or other input.

Plug this to the computer

Then to here:

And the headphone here:

Sep 1, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #20 of 77
i bought several of the "best" gaming headsets looking for one that sounded good. i bought the sennheiser PC350, $90 creative fatality professional, and $140 medusa progamer V2

all of them sounded like garbage compared to my sennheiser HD600s

i would strongly recommend you buy a good normal pair of headphones and use a $5 desk mic. unless you do voice recordings for podcasts or youtube videos in which case get a slightly better desk mic. but there is no such thing as a good headset unfortunately.

Sep 1, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #21 of 77

Quote:
i bought several of the "best" gaming headsets looking for one that sounded good. i bought the sennheiser PC350, $90 creative fatality professional, and $140 medusa progamer V2

all of them sounded like garbage compared to my sennheiser HD600s

i would strongly recommend you buy a good normal pair of headphones and use a $5 desk mic. unless you do voice recordings for podcasts or youtube videos in which case get a slightly better desk mic. but there is no such thing as a good headset unfortunately.

The HD600 is more of a music phone, rather than a gaming phone.

Get the AD700 these are the best headphones available right now for gaming.

Why?

AD700 is loved the world over for gaming. Get them already.

Sep 1, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #22 of 77
AD700 are very good and popular headphones for gaming and positional audio, even though it was not designed for gaming at first. DT880 is also a very good choice for gaming, but it is not as popular because of the higher price.

AD700
 + very good soundstage
 + good price
 + does not need a special amplifier
 - weak bass

DT880
 + very good soundstage
 + very durable
 - needs a special amplifier (except for 32 ohm version)
 + good bass (explosions will sound better)

shur1keN: is that an amplifier in your picture? It will most likely power the DT880 much better than just a PC soundcard. But it is hard to say without knowing what kind it is exactly. If you need a headphone portable amplifier, I recommend at least a good CMoy like this: http://www.jdslabs.com  but there others that will drive the DT880 well too.

Sep 1, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #24 of 77
Maybe just get your headphones first, and see how well they work with your system. Then if you need to, you can still get the amplifier later. The system in your picture seems a little big to bring to a LAN party 
biggrin.gif
. My 250ohm headphones work okay directly out of my laptop or iPod. A separate amp will, of course, make them sound very much better.

If you decide you want a portable amp, you can look in the Portable Headphone Amps forum for ideas. Or search head-fi. I use a Mini^3 amp with my DT880 Pro myself and like it very much.

Sep 2, 2010 at 1:32 PM Post #25 of 77
Hey guys

I have the same problem. I want the ultimate headset/headphones to game on consoles. Actually I use an astro mixamp with steelseries siberia v2 but with the release of Halo Reach I want to upgrade my setup. I have for the computer some sen hd555. I intend to sell the steelseries siberia v2 and buy new cans better than the steelseries. I noticed that the quality and comfort of the sen are superior compared to the siberia v2. I also read on this topic that for gaming bass can not be huge so we can hear footsteps and other sounds and with a lot of bass that's impossible.

What should I do?

Buy an headset OR do some modding in some headphones and mic

For what I read we can have better quality and spend less money with some headphones and mic. But the problem is that I'm afraid of modding the headphones... because I have in mind something like an headset. I'm also curious about the sen pc 360 but I'm very confused...
confused_face_2.gif

PS: I have in maximum like 200€ to spend.

Need some help 
triportsad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back