May 31, 2011 at 9:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Keshigami

New Head-Fier
Im choosing between:

Sennheiser HD 25-1 II
Allen & Heath Xone XD-53
Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2
AiAiAi TMA-1

I would like to know your feedback's and help me decide.

May 31, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #2 of 7
First a few questions for ya:

1. What music genres do you listen to?

2. What will you plugging your headphones into and will you be using an external amplifier?

May 31, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #4 of 7
Okay, let's see... I would go with either the HD25 of the TMA-1.  The PRO700MKII is also a good option especially for your music preferences.

Aug 11, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #5 of 7
I can't recommend the Pro700Mk2s to anyone to be honest. . You should scratch that one out of your consideration.. Read the Pro700mk2 thread and you will see my take on em.  It is one thing to have good clean bass but the Mk2s have none. There is nothing clean sounding on it at all. Deep slower hiphop sound ok on em but that is about it.. Anything else with some attack and speed and you are lost in a mucky bass that will leave you wondering why you even purchased a phone like that in the first place..

Out of all my headphones I own that one was one of the worst experiences I have ever had in a head phone. Truth be told.. Anything will sound better for hip hop.. I mean that literally.. Anything. .

Aug 11, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
Ultrasone DJ1.

Very best,

My Dj1s bump very hard and sound clean to boot.. Still my fave cans for Hip hop. Though the pioneer HDJ500 is a good bang for buck portable dj can that holds its own its right underneath the DJ1s in boom.. Great for $85 . The DJ1s are still the heaviest hitter over The Denon DnHp1000 and the Panasonic Technics Rp DH1200...We are talking the same cans used by AVB.. SO ya for $116 Ultrasone got it going on. 

On an interesting note it seems the headfi camp is literally split in half about the ultrasones.. Guys that say stuff about it but don't have em are irritating to no end. But I suppose there will be haters of all sounds. A smooth sounding can to one is a grating ear soar for another.. Dynamics even in the hobby..Lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back