Buyer's Remorse: Headphones and earphones you bought on impulse and regretted.
Apr 4, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #302 of 336
  God... 

The AKG K240 Studio. Smooth and silky... and incredibly asleep sounding, there's practically no transients and the soundstaging is mediocre. These are generic loudness headphones masquerading as studio cans and are a disgrace to the AKG name. 

My uber-sh!tty Wal-Mart headphones from the mid 80's are better than these.

For $80 did you really expect much. Also that DiscordDubstep kid has been raving about these headphones. He would probably cry himself to sleep if he heard anyone say anything bad about them. 

Apr 5, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #303 of 336

God... 

The AKG K240 Studio. Smooth and silky... and incredibly asleep sounding, there's practically no transients and the soundstaging is mediocre. These are generic loudness headphones masquerading as studio cans and are a disgrace to the AKG name. 

My uber-sh!tty Wal-Mart headphones from the mid 80's are better than these.

For $80 did you really expect much. Also that DiscordDubstep kid has been raving about these headphones. He would probably cry himself to sleep if he heard anyone say anything bad about them. 

It was $100 at the time, and considering the fact that the K240M, Sextett, DF, etc are all extremely well regarded and popular on these forums... yes, I was expecting much. 

Apr 5, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #305 of 336
You know better than to fall into the hype.

The only reason I got the K240 in the first place was because we were at Guitar center and my brother was getting a new guitar.  Hype had no influence. It was simple new toy lust and the K240S was the most appealing thing there, so that's what I got.

Also, the older K240 models are all incredibly good, especially the DF. The newer variants aren't comparable in any way shape or form.

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #306 of 336
Headphone - Koss UR10, Just a good bit worse than any other of my cans. They weren't bad, but there was significantly better in my collection. Gave it to my buddy, went back to my MDR-ZX100, PortaPro and HD419.

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #307 of 336
Grado 325is, back when that kind of money was a lot to me. Just could never really get into the sound signature and each listen was always fatiguing. Although I did blindly purchase my STAX setup without any prior audition, but luckily that worked out in the end.

Jun 20, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #308 of 336
For me it was the Sony V6. It sounded great for the first 30 minutes but after that they started to hurt my ears. It's funny because I really thought the V6 was going to be my endgame headphone.

Jun 24, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #309 of 336
1) My Steelseries Diablo III Headset:

The first pair lasted only 6 months before the left channel went out. I RMA'ed the headset with Steelseries and got a replacement...

4 months went by and the same problem occurred with the second pair. I put them down on my desk to go and eat dinner and came back upstairs only to find that the left channel was out yet again. Seriously. Afterwards, it started having USB detection problems on my PC: my computer would go "bing bing bing" as it tried to detect the headset...

Now it no longer works at all. I have never owned something that was so frail under daily use. A shame really. My Steelseries Diablo III Mouse works fine, aside from some of the rubber finish on the top logo wearing off a little bit.

Jun 25, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #310 of 336
  1) My Steelseries Diablo III Headset:

The first pair lasted only 6 months before the left channel went out. I RMA'ed the headset with Steelseries and got a replacement...

4 months went by and the same problem occurred with the second pair. I put them down on my desk to go and eat dinner and came back upstairs only to find that the left channel was out yet again. Seriously. Afterwards, it started having USB detection problems on my PC: my computer would go "bing bing bing" as it tried to detect the headset...

Now it no longer works at all. I have never owned something that was so frail under daily use. A shame really. My Steelseries Diablo III Mouse works fine, aside from some of the rubber finish on the top logo wearing off a little bit.

there is a reason you're not supposed to buy gaming headsets; get a professional headset or don't get anything, period

as for me, probably the Pioneer SE-700; spent ages trying to find a good condition pair, overpaid, and it sucked

Jun 26, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #311 of 336
Straight up, Monster Turbine Pro Golds. Spent a month finding every possible way to tell if they're authentic or not, another month finding a deal under $200, finally got them thinking they'd be so great. Amped, burnt in and everything they're on par with my $50 **** tier IEM's. They're authentic as can be, I don't get all the fuss over them. They blow.

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #313 of 336
Denon AH-D400: Bought these for $80 when they were on sale through Newegg. They're not bad for the price but I later bought the UE 6000s from Daily Steals on impulse ($40 for a refurbished pair that looks practically brand new. Score!) and I never use them anymore.

UE 4000: Ditto.

Xbox One Stereo headset: Again, not too bad, got a refurbished pair with the chat adapter (what I really wanted) for $40 but now I have a set of Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pros which are just amazing for gaming and I don't need them.

Jul 28, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #314 of 336
Any of the ultrasone lineup of headphones. They all sound cheap and have no enjoyable qualities whatsoever.

Lune cables were one of the worst purchases ever. Bought a high end cable for my asg2. Broke within 2 months. Took 4 months to have it replaced again. The 2nd one broke as well. Horrible service to top it off.

Ie800s...regretful all the way. Luckily I was able to return it with a restock fee only.

V Moda M-100

Overpriced piece of $hit. 

Hahaha...I agree as well. What a joke of a headphone.

Jul 28, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #315 of 336
Sony MDR-V6.
Raved by Consumer Reports.
Boomy, sloppy bass, too bright.
The sound hurt my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back