Buyer's Remorse: Headphones and earphones you bought on impulse and regretted.
Aug 28, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #331 of 336
  I bought the B&W P5 on looks and wasn't that impressed by the sound. Sold it on eBay months later, beautiful design though and hopefully will pick up a P7 some day. I absolutely love the B&W Zeppelin and how it sounds and aesthetics. 

Just curious, what source were you using with them? I find mine to be very good at staying true to the source whether I use my Asus Xonar D2/PM sound card or my Fiio X3 audio player. They both have different characteristics in sound and in my opinion the P5's do an wonderful job at conveying differences in the source component.

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #332 of 336
Lune cables were one of the worst purchases ever. Bought a high end cable for my asg2. Broke within 2 months. Took 4 months to have it replaced again. The 2nd one broke as well. Horrible service to top it off.

That bad huh. Almost bought one myself. Too bad there's not much options for aftermarket IEM cables with mic/remote option with good sound and build quality

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #333 of 336
  That bad huh. Almost bought one myself. Too bad there's not much options for aftermarket IEM cables with mic/remote option with good sound quality

The cable itself was bad, the service/turnaround time was worse. I don't understand how you can charge that much and give that little. Not one, but TWO cables. I picked up the Silver Dragon for the ASG2 recently. Much better...geez...even the Westone Epic cable did a nice job.

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #334 of 336
  The cable itself was bad, the service/turnaround time was worse. I don't understand how you can charge that much and give that little. Not one, but TWO cables. I picked up the Silver Dragon for the ASG2 recently. Much better...geez...even the Westone Epic cable did a nice job.

Bummer. Yeah I read about the horrible service for international customers. 
Wish more aftermarket cable makers would start including the mic/remote option in their offers.

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #335 of 336
I'm not sure about the whole international shpeal...other intl companies most likely do a better job considering. However, I think for what it's worth, Lune Cables (& Co.)  are sub-par for the audiophilic buyer. I buy from domestic (USA) due to the fact that service is almost always more responsive and in general a much easier process. 

Nov 4, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #336 of 336
As of right now, my Bowers and Wilkins P5's have to be RMA'ed. After about 7 months of daily (yet careful) use, the right earpiece now has developed a short in the cable that runs through the headband. Pretty pissed off to have paid $300.00 plus taxes for it to not even last a year. Oh well.

We shall see what I get back once the RMA process has started since they released the P5 Series 2 recently. I will wait and see what I need to send B&W in three days time when they will hopefully get back to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back