Buyer's Remorse: Headphones and earphones you bought on impulse and regretted.
Nov 25, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #271 of 336
The bowers and wilkins p3. The sound was nothing special, but it was soo uncomfortable. The headband was quite tight and hurt my ears after wearing for sometime. It did loosen up over time, but now I just don't pick them up anymore.:frowning2:

Nov 25, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #272 of 336
PS1000s. For me these were the ultimate disappointment. They sound similar to the 325is I thought, and certainly nowhere near the overall level of performance of other headphones I've heard in the same price range (or even ones that cost 1/3 as much). Definitely my most regretted purchase of all time.

Nov 25, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #273 of 336
I didn't lose that much money on them. My only regret about them is not getting the PX100 in the first place
vrt

Mar 27, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #274 of 336
KOSS Pro/4AAAT. Not anywhere near as bad as people seem to think but still rather atrocious. They never get used.

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #276 of 336
Denon D400... thought they had to be better than my D2k when they first came out. Tried listening for 2mins, back in the box, gave away as a gift. Went back to my D2k.

Also, I know I'll get heat for this one, but I was not impressed by the LCD2.2 at all. Might of had to do with owning the HD800 at the same time, which was MUCH more to my liking. Probably was my amp at the time (V200).

Mar 28, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #277 of 336
  Denon D400... thought they had to be better than my D2k when they first came out. Tried listening for 2mins, back in the box, gave away as a gift. Went back to my D2k.

Also, I know I'll get heat for this one, but I was not impressed by the LCD2.2 at all. Might of had to do with owning the HD800 at the same time, which was MUCH more to my liking. Probably was my amp at the time (V200).

The V200 is more than capable of driving the Audeze's. So, no, you just didn't like it.

Mar 28, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #279 of 336
I was thinking more along the lines of a dark sounding headphone and a dark sounding amp...
What? The V200 isn't dark...

Mar 28, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #281 of 336
Senn HD558 which I bought due to excellent reviews and it being a successor to my broken Mod'ed HD555 which I loved.  Even after many hours of break in, it still sounds like **** and I do use a headphone amp.

Mar 28, 2014 at 3:33 AM Post #282 of 336
For me, it'd be the AKG K701.  Everyone said how precise they are, how amazing the AKG name is, etc.

I was just at a loss for words as to how dead they were, despite running off my Marantz.

Seriously, they were trash. Returned the same day.

I also once bought these headphones that said "Bose" on the side...

beyersmile.png

Mar 28, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #283 of 336
  For me, it'd be the AKG K701.  Everyone said how precise they are, how amazing the AKG name is, etc.

I was just at a loss for words as to how dead they were, despite running off my Marantz.

Seriously, they were trash. Returned the same day.

I also once bought these headphones that said "Bose" on the side...

beyersmile.png

So you returned them after a few hours of use? The K701 is notorious for its burn-in difference.

Mar 28, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #284 of 336
I know that burning them in is something that is recommended, but I've heard many headphones that at first glance didn't sound as good as they did a few days in, but all of them had some quality that grabbed me immediately. The AKG's just seemed dead at first blush, and over the course of the day, didn't present anything that was any better than my other cans.

Mar 28, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #285 of 336
  I know that burning them in is something that is recommended, but I've heard many headphones that at first glance didn't sound as good as they did a few days in, but all of them had some quality that grabbed me immediately. The AKG's just seemed dead at first blush, and over the course of the day, didn't present anything that was any better than my other cans.

I'm sorry that you didn't like them, but any review based on initial impressions is only just that - impressions. 80% (maybe 90%) of burn-in is simply adjusting to the different sound- which is why the K701 is especially notorious- not because the sound physically changes all that much, but because it generally takes a longer time to get used to it. Just my two cents. YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back