Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
May 2, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #1,711 of 1,995
@Montanari, the latest Burson usb offers a noticeable improvement over the tenor. It's not an expensive upgrade, but sadly i haven't tested the Concero HD in order to give you a more accurate response. 

May 2, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #1,713 of 1,995
  @Montanari, the latest Burson usb offers a noticeable improvement over the tenor. It's not an expensive upgrade, but sadly i haven't tested the Concero HD in order to give you a more accurate response. 

do you know how much it costs? also is it hard to install? this thing is sensitive and I don't want to ruin it by messing around.

edit: I don't see it on the Burson website. Is it a Burson made USB upgrade? http://www.bursonaudio.com/downloads/

May 2, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #1,714 of 1,995
do you know how much it costs? also is it hard to install? this thing is sensitive and I don't want to ruin it by messing around.

edit: I don't see it on the Burson website. Is it a Burson made USB upgrade? http://www.bursonaudio.com/downloads/

Yes, it's the Burson CM USB module. They sell it on their site for $65 and there are instructions somewhere on there as well that show you how to install it.

May 2, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #1,715 of 1,995
Here's a link, instructions on there as well:

http://www.bursonaudio.com/creations/cm6631-usb-module/

May 4, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #1,717 of 1,995
i asked to my girlfriend to try my system and give me her point of view yesterday
she knows that i m addicted to audio, but she doesn t know the gears
she has a very good ear and she likes mostly any kind of music  very much . like me
this because i would like to sell my concero hd to optimize the setup and cause i think that it s a bit too expansive to use just as a converter only
so i started to shift from Conductor tenor usb to concero converter
she always preferred with the conceroHD 
frown.gif

i asked: do you think it worth 850 dollar
the answer, after a while: yes , i think it worth!
mad.gif

now i will try to put the new CM usb module and check if the difference is a bit less

May 5, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #1,719 of 1,995
Finishing with the IsoNodes and Burson Conductor in case anyone is interested now or later. I purchased the IsoRock 6.1s stable platform to set the Conductor upon. Unfortunately with it underneath  the Conductor actually lost performance. I don't understand why it would be so detrimental but the difference was literally night and day. I have emailed bright star about it but they have not responded. So, I would not recommend it for the Burson Conductor.

One thing though, when trying it underneath my Sony Player the Sony sounds much better with it.  Oh well, at least it's not a total bust.

Ruby.

May 7, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #1,720 of 1,995
Hi there guys, I recently got the Conductor and found it to be great. However, when I'm running ASIO through foobar (using the Burson ASIO Asychronous output), there is a pause when I skip tracks or jump to another part of the song? Do you know of any remedies to this? I don't get this using directsound, but I don't want to go back to that mode...

May 8, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #1,722 of 1,995
Have anyone tried their Conductor with an Airport Express? I connected my newly purchased AE using optical with hopes to do some streaming since i need to extend my wifi anyway. The result: skipping and jitter! Totally unlistenable. I then connected the AE and the Conductor with RCA cables. No problem playing music whatsoever, but then I am using the AE's dac and the SQ is lacking. Found this thread and it's an on-going issue to my understanding. I have an Apple TV as well and streaming using optical works like a charm. The short answer is that the AE sucks with good DACs. Just wondering if anyone have had any experience with this?

May 8, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #1,723 of 1,995
Listened to the Conductor once... Maybe the model I heard was screwy, but I found it overly warm to the point of distortion... Thick and slow. Literally sounded like vocals were almost in slow motion. Detail was there, but under a layer of syrup. Didn't like it at all... And I'm a tube amp guy, so it's not like I'm coming from something super cold and analytical or anything.

May 8, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #1,724 of 1,995
Something was very wrong there.

May 8, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #1,725 of 1,995
I was about fifty percent sure that something was, just based on what I've read about the Conductor...

Most reviews have been very positive. And the few negative things I've read about the sound suggested that the signature may actually be on the other side of the spectrum from my experience... ie. some people who prefer a very warm sound found it to be a slightly cold and unemotional listen, comparatively.

I was actually prepared for something I might like, but might find cold, and then when I got the syrup show, I was very surprised. Guy in the shop maintained it was performing as it should, however. Meh. That whole store was a little off, ha ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back