Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
Apr 27, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #1,696 of 1,995
Saer. Didn't feel comfortable saying it before as I didn't want to slander him but now that I know he has scammed others and is, like you said, staying away from head-fi it is best to let others know.

Apr 27, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #1,697 of 1,995
Saer. Didn't feel comfortable saying it before as I didn't want to slander him but now that I know he has scammed others and is, like you said, staying away from head-fi it is best to let others know.

This really sucks.
Is there something you can do in situations like these?

Apr 27, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #1,698 of 1,995
I just did some quick research and it appears this guy has been at this for quite sometime now....

http://hypebeast.com/forums/off-topic/137750

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/106638-scammer-warning-user-itsmedeka/

http://hondamarketplace.com/tags.php?tag=fama

http://hypebeast.com/forums/off-topic/137750/page/4  <--- Sooner or later though you get caught!!!!
deadhorse.gif

Admins should Ban him ASAP....

Apr 27, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #1,699 of 1,995
Thanks for the links. I will check them out tonight. I have contacted Currawong to try and have him banned. Have also contacted LAPD with another buyer who was scammed though we haven't received a response yet. Oh well I guess, you live you learn.

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #1,700 of 1,995
  I was buying a used Burson Conductor but with huge problems with the DAC section. Only the optical input has the full function, the coax input make some clicking noise and the usb input has distortion, the analog inputs works. I connect the burson on a mac mini MacOS 10.9 with a short nuforce usb cable and installed the driver from the burson page sometimes it works, sometimes it works with distortion, sometimes the burson is not visible on the mac!?

Has this issues any other here and is there a solution? The device is out of warranty and burson tells me that i need to buy a new dac board for 330,- € + custom fees.
eek.gif

I take a picture of my device, only one led is on the dac board on, the other is every time off but it works after test?

I made some meassurements, the voltage on the two 12V pins of the board is a little bit more than 15V, on the 5V pin is it ok.

Thanks for your help!

It seems you might as well get used to the buggy nature and use the DAC in the way that you can.

I have a different problem with my Conductor. If I connect my cell phone's headphone out, or my laptop's headphone out, to the line in of the Conductor (I use a cheap $3ish cable), I hear a bunch of annoying interference type electrical sounds at the medium and especially at the high gain settings. Not sure if it's the cable or the phone/laptop, but I didn't experience this with other amplifiers. The Conductor seems to be very finicky.

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #1,701 of 1,995
Thanks for the links. I will check them out tonight. I have contacted Currawong to try and have him banned. Have also contacted LAPD with another buyer who was scammed though we haven't received a response yet. Oh well I guess, you live you learn.

Dood don't get your hopes up. I don't know what city you live in, and whether it's a small town, but big city cops couldn't give two craps bout stuff like this, or even some slightly worse stuff. I checked this guy's profile, and he has lots of good feedback, and he even has his name and address in a picture. I'm guessing you put him in a situation where it was his word against yours and he decided to take his chances, and honestly he's pretty much free and clear unless you fly down there or send an LA friend down to his house to go all vigilante on his a** (which I definitely do not encourage).

P.S. I think head-fi should shut the classified section down. There's really no need for it, with Ebay, Craigslist and all the other listing sites out there. Or in the least head-fi should insist that all transactions be conducted in a way that requires paypal buyer protection. otherwise it's a scammer paradise.

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #1,702 of 1,995
Yeah, I think what his deal is though is that he makes a bunch of small trades to get positive feedback and then makes off with a few big ticket items before dissapearing from the trading community. Notice no more feedback after my trade, no more posts or anything either and he certainly doesn't answer any form of communications you try and have with him. He is a scammer, plaiin and simple, and yes I am aware I will most likely get my HD-800's back from him, but I still don't want to see it happen to others.

Apr 28, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #1,703 of 1,995

Dood don't get your hopes up. I don't know what city you live in, and whether it's a small town, but big city cops couldn't give two craps bout stuff like this, or even some slightly worse stuff. I checked this guy's profile, and he has lots of good feedback, and he even has his name and address in a picture. I'm guessing you put him in a situation where it was his word against yours and he decided to take his chances, and honestly he's pretty much free and clear unless you fly down there or send an LA friend down to his house to go all vigilante on his a** (which I definitely do not encourage).

P.S. I think head-fi should shut the classified section down. There's really no need for it, with Ebay, Craigslist and all the other listing sites out there. Or in the least head-fi should insist that all transactions be conducted in a way that requires paypal buyer protection. otherwise it's a scammer paradise.

Whoa! I have bought several cables from the Head-Fi classifieds with out the least bit of problem. Not to mention I love to go daily and just see what's there. I think 99% of the time people are legit so let's slow down on the shut down.

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #1,704 of 1,995
P.S. Although I was critical of the Conductor's lack of warmth with an HD800, I've grown to really enjoy its PRAT, precision and tightness. Literally every other source of bass now sounds muddy, unresolving and imprecise to me. I kind of don't like the (relatively) loose bass in my SE846 anymore (although the SE846 isn't sloppy, just not this tight).

Apr 28, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #1,705 of 1,995
  P.S. Although I was critical of the Conductor's lack of warmth with an HD800, I've grown to really enjoy its PRAT, precision and tightness. Literally every other source of bass now sounds muddy, unresolving and imprecise to me. I kind of don't like the (relatively) loose bass in my SE846 anymore (although the SE846 isn't sloppy, just not this tight).

If you would like some more warmth you should try out the PCM1793 DAC PCB instead of the 9018 DAC PCB.  Some say the sound stage is also a little wider with the PCM1793.

Apr 29, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #1,706 of 1,995

It seems you might as well get used to the buggy nature and use the DAC in the way that you can.

I have a different problem with my Conductor. If I connect my cell phone's headphone out, or my laptop's headphone out, to the line in of the Conductor (I use a cheap $3ish cable), I hear a bunch of annoying interference type electrical sounds at the medium and especially at the high gain settings. Not sure if it's the cable or the phone/laptop, but I didn't experience this with other amplifiers. The Conductor seems to be very finicky.

i think it s due to the cable
i had the same problem and then i invest just 20 eurs in a better one ( a simple monster cable) and now everything work fine
my girlfriend use to connect her mobile to the line in trough a jack to rca  sometimes 

Apr 30, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #1,708 of 1,995
Apr 30, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #1,710 of 1,995
Hey folks!
Trying to optimize my setup I found to sell my conceroHD (that I'm using in spdif converter mode to the conductor dac) just to use only the Burson ..
Someone can confirm the upgrade usb module as a huge upgrade(I play from jriver 19 from a laptop with win7)
Or should I buy a less expansive and pure converter.. Or should I keep the concero..??
I have so much doubt when I have to sell my gears..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back