Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
May 9, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #1,730 of 1,995
Has JM returned?

May 9, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #1,731 of 1,995
Haha, wondered if anyone would get that. Wish the lizard king would return, could show kids what rock n roll is really about.

May 9, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #1,732 of 1,995
I lost sound on the left hand side of my Audeze last night. I tapped on the side and it came in and out intermittently. I have had them over a year now, no mishap's and never handled rough. I tried swapping cables but no effect. But, what does make a difference is turning my head left to right. They will stop working if I do this. So, It may just be a loose connection so send some prayer's my way as they will be going back.

May 9, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #1,733 of 1,995
Haha, wondered if anyone would get that. Wish the lizard king would return, could show kids what rock n roll is really about.

Showing my age but who cares. Fortunately, my kids know...they heard me playing enough of it as they grew.  My youngest, 21, would much prefer hi-def to lo-def anyday, plus he likes many genres.  I trained (spoiled) them well!

May 9, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #1,734 of 1,995
Showing my age but who cares. Fortunately, my kids know...they heard me playing enough of it as they grew.  My youngest, 21, would much prefer hi-def to lo-def anyday, plus he likes many genres.  I trained (spoiled) them well!

I was gonna say exactly that, you trained them well!

May 9, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #1,735 of 1,995

I was gonna say exactly that, you trained them well!

Actually, I exposed them to it.  They choose to like or enjoy it themselves. 
wink_face.gif

May 10, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #1,736 of 1,995
Hello fellow Burson fans! Anyone ever listened to the AURALiC stack (Vega DAC and Taurus headphone amp) compared to the Conductor? Am fighting like heck against "upgrade-itis" but it's hard. Thanks!

May 10, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #1,737 of 1,995
Hello fellow Burson fans! Anyone ever listened to the AURALiC stack (Vega DAC and Taurus headphone amp) compared to the Conductor? Am fighting like heck against "upgrade-itis" but it's hard. Thanks!

'

Mscott, I had been considering the AURALIC stack and actually just ordered the VEGA DAC yesterday so I can let you know how it sounds once I get it. I decided against the Taurus though because I really wanted the ALO Audio Studio Six so I will be ordering that soon as well, hoping for an endgame setup with those 2. I am also coming from a Burson Conductor so I am curious to see if the cost is really worth it.

May 10, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #1,738 of 1,995
Thanks Goldendarko! Very eager to hear how your like the Vega as well as the ALO. 

PS - Just upgraded recently to the LCD-3F's and love them with the Conductor, but in reading through all the reams of posts related to the whole "Fazor-gate" with Audeze I saw some really solid nods to the AURALiC gear, hence me recently interest. 

May 11, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #1,740 of 1,995
I have a conductor and I have a concero hd!
Burson dac is more detailed and it has more bass and it's more in your face
Concero hd sound very good
It's very silent
It miss a bit of bass
It's very musical
It's up to your preferences
For me the conductor with concero hd as converter is the top
In this way I can change dac, filters, sound signature according to my mood

Users who are viewing this thread

Back