Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
May 11, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #1,741 of 1,995
Thanks monta! So would you say that both are equally good in some respects, just that if you want a more laid back and musical sound you'd go for the concero and if you want a more detailed and in your face sound you'd go for the burson?

May 12, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #1,747 of 1,995
the conductor really shines with low impedance cans !!! th900 and lcd-x highly recommended !!!

italo-disco eurobeat never sounded so good !!! hehe

a sane endgame for me, for now...
tongue.gif

May 13, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #1,753 of 1,995
the denon ah-d5000/7000 are 25ohm and 106/108 dB/mW

the fostex th-900 are 32ohm and 100dB/mW

the lcd-x at 22ohm 96dB/mW really got owned by the conductor, so the denon must be good too to pair with the conductor/soloist

the lcd2.2 2011 and lcd3 2013 sounded really good too but their 50ohms and the lower sensitivity were quite a challenge for the conductor, which became evident when i plugged the lcd-x

and i feel that the conductor's neutral sabre dac plus its neutral soloist amp are extremely revealing of even the slightest lack of power when driving more difficult loads, since the violectric v800/v200 while having almost the same power specs at 50ohms, because of the warmer presentation where perceived more powerful

with the hd800 it was even more evident since the v800/v200 have more than 3x the power at 300ohm, but i still preferred the conductor for the hd800 because it accentuated the hd800's strong points, soundstage, neutrality and detail, while not being harsh, the same way i liked better the 50ohm lcd3 with the violectric

so it definitively is not all about power but...

the conductor is such a win win with the th-900 / lcd-x, lots of power, control, details and transparency, all in one package

if only the pot had double the steps, heaven !

Sure no worries mate. But in your opinion would be Conductor be pretty versatile?

depends what you want in terms of sound signature and features, in terms of power it's among the best buy options, other that comes in mind are audio-gd, violectric, but those have quite different sound

May 13, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #1,754 of 1,995

the lcd-x at 22ohm 96dB/mW really got owned by the conductor, so the denon must be good too to pair with the conductor/soloist

the lcd2.2 2011 and lcd3 2013 sounded really good too but their 50ohms and the lower sensitivity were quite a challenge for the conductor, which became evident when i plugged the lcd-x

and i feel that the conductor's neutral sabre dac plus its neutral soloist amp are extremely revealing of even the slightest lack of power when driving more difficult loads, since the violectric v800/v200 while having almost the same power specs at 50ohms, because of the warmer presentation where perceived more powerful

with the hd800 it was even more evident since the v800/v200 have more than 3x the power at 300ohm, but i still preferred the conductor for the hd800 because it accentuated the hd800's strong points, soundstage, neutrality and detail, while not being harsh, the same way i liked better the 50ohm lcd3 with the violectric

the conductor is such a win win with the th-900 / lcd-x, lots of power, control, details and transparency, all in one package

depends what you want in terms of sound signature and features, in terms of power it's among the best buy options, other that comes in mind are audio-gd, violectric, but those have quite different sound

Thanks for the input, I like clarity and smooth/silky kind of sound. Heard about the smaller soundstage issues with the vioelectric though.

May 14, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #1,755 of 1,995

th-900/lcd-x . That's a very good point. I wonder how many other headphones would have great synergy with the Conductor. I too feel like the LCD3's are a bit hard for the Conductor to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back