Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
May 15, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #1,771 of 1,995
the default burson attenuator, at least in my case, clicks only at some specific steps, not all of them

if it's because of an exaggerated dc offset, it should be easily measurable at the headphone output with a multimeter

EDIT:

i measured the dc offset at the headphone out, pot at max, high gain, and there are the same 5mV like my v200 had, actually a little less than that

what i know is that the burson attenuators, and perhaps the earlier produced khozmos too, are not of the "make before brake" type connections

May 17, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #1,773 of 1,995
I think there is none :)

May 17, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #1,774 of 1,995
Mr. burson is again taking ages to respond to my emails

can anyone confirm that the stock attenuator is a 10K Ohm pot, i think i'll get a khozmo or something similar with at least 40 steps

May 17, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #1,775 of 1,995

Quote:
  Mr. burson is again taking ages to respond to my emails

can anyone confirm that the stock attenuator is a 10K Ohm pot, i think i'll get a khozmo or something similar with at least 40 steps

its a 50k stereo and the Khozmo i have is 48 steps and his the latest model like picture

May 17, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #1,776 of 1,995
i measured the stock one and it's 10k for each channel, which i guess makes it a 10k pot (or 20k?)

i don't know if an unmodified conductor could take anything else than 10k, since it would alter the working range of the negative feedback after 10k

the higher the pot resistance the lower the negative feedback gets and higher the power output, which could mean overloading

but i guess PC modifications makes it ok

and having 48 steps at 50k is it like having 10 steps at 10k ?

what is the max steps you turn the volume on your PC modified conductor (with the 50k khozmo) at low gain?

May 18, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #1,777 of 1,995
  i measured the stock one and it's 10k for each channel, which i guess makes it a 10k pot (or 20k?)

i don't know if an unmodified conductor could take anything else than 10k, since it would alter the working range of the negative feedback after 10k

the higher the pot resistance the lower the negative feedback gets and higher the power output, which could mean overloading

what is the max steps you turn the volume on your PC modified conductor (with the 50k khozmo) at low gain?

With a HiRes file attenuator is loud at 2 o'clock 27 steps (Muse, Survival) with Senns HD800 This is the email i received regarding attenuator                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Hello,

The KHOZMO attenuator is major upgrade…and yes, we've installed them in Conductors before…actually, it's part of our SIGNATURE upgrade package for Burson Conductors.

It's best we install it…it's not a simple DIY thing….did you wish to send it in ?

You need a 50K stereo.

Let me know.

Sincerely,

Chris Johnson - President,
1504377 Ontario Limited o/a
PARTS CONNEXION
5109 Harvester Road
Unit B2
Burlington, Ontario
CANADA L7L 5Y4

May 18, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #1,778 of 1,995

I count 21 steps to 12:00. I never have even tried to go that high. I think distortion would begin much earlier with the 0.18 watts of low gain and the Audeze 3'? I'm going out on a limb here but I'm happy with only 4-5 step's and the Signature's sound just "blooms" making it louder than the 0.18 watts suggest. Much louder once you get used to the sound.

Man, Mikelap's post above make's me feel old.., I mean I must have great sensitive ears... yeah that's it. It really is a nice piece of equipment though. There's only been six done and I think mine was #2. Or #1 even..

May 18, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #1,779 of 1,995
i just double checked, measured, and the stock pot is a 10k stereo, starts at 0 Ohm, step one, lowest volume, and going up to 10k Ohm, last step, loudest volume

so i guess something is wrong with @RubyTiger 's unit (or lcd3?)

distortion didn't kick in at all even at high gain on 3/4 volume with my 2013 lcd3, to be honest

btw i was left, just minutes ago, with the knob in my hands, it came off with the whole shaft in it, i felt it was getting harder to turn it but didn't expect this
confused_face_2.gif

i've put the pot to 100%, adjusting the volume from the source software now, until a new knob arrives

but i kind of like it this way, sounds great, using audirvana on mac and foobar on win pc to digitally adjust the volume

May 18, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #1,780 of 1,995
  i just double checked, measured, and the stock pot is a 10k stereo, starts at 0 Ohm, step one, lowest volume, and going up to 10k Ohm, last step, loudest volume

so i guess something is wrong with @RubyTiger 's unit (or lcd3?)

distortion didn't kick in at all even at high gain on 3/4 volume with my 2013 lcd3, to be honest

btw i was left, just minutes ago, with the knob in my hands, it came off with the whole shaft in it, i felt it was getting harder to turn it but didn't expect this
confused_face_2.gif

i've put the pot to 100%, adjusting the volume from the source software now, until a new knob arrives

but i kind of like it this way, sounds great, using audirvana on mac and foobar on win pc to digitally adjust the volume

Yep, now yours is broke........
blink.gif
  See what you get for talking about other people's stuff.

Get a Khozmo. Now's the time.
deadhorse.gif

May 18, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #1,782 of 1,995
  hopefully my toyota camry came equipped with a set of pliers... works just fine
redface.gif

btw @RubyTiger you should go to your profile and delete your blank signature, scrolling it is making my life hard
tongue.gif

Thanks, hope that's better. And btw, That looks like a very handy volume knob you got there. Multi-purpose.

May 23, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #1,783 of 1,995
Notified my Audeze shipped out today. I will have to crank-em up when they get here. Maybe even go to step no.6.. on volume.
I cringe at the power to be unleashed. Just joking but I do hope they sound good cuss they were broke before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back