Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jul 13, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #826 of 1,431
Anybody know the best tips for the b2/dba02 that tone down the highs and increase the bass just a bit like the complies that don't wear out every 2 weeks?
I've been using the foamies for 1 and 1/2 months and the silicone ones come off in my ear... Not good lol.

Jul 13, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #828 of 1,431
Quote:
Anybody know the best tips for the b2/dba02 that tone down the highs and increase the bass just a bit like the complies that don't wear out every 2 weeks?
I've been using the foamies for 1 and 1/2 months and the silicone ones come off in my ear... Not good lol.

Maybe an equalizer. Those never wear out.
Have you tried Hybrids? They tone down the treble, but probably won't with the B2 since it has a narrow nozzle.

Jul 13, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #829 of 1,431
My B2 order says Processing. I envision boxes being packed with our IEM's. 
L3000.gif

Now it's getting exciting. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #830 of 1,431
Mine en-route as well. Finally trying these. Probably WAY too bright for me but I've always wanted to try the DBA-02/CK10. I plan on using olives, I generally need the isolation but the treble attenuation is a real plus too. The Ortofons were too much for me. I must be too treble sensitive. MP4nation shipping monday.

Jul 13, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #831 of 1,431
Quote:

Im pretty much torn between this red fella, the rockit sounds r-50 and the Vsonic GR07, I also own the Pannies HJE 900 and I love them but the original cable is broke and the sleek audio one sounded worse and also broke within months, I used for a brief time the Sunrise Xcited but they also broke and I wasnt all that impress with their sound  (nothing wrong but didnt have the wow factor, I actually only listened to them like 2 months with sporadic use) Finally my daily driver where the FA Eterna, I loved them, they were easy to drive, sound great (so smooth and lush, almost liquid on the mids, and great bass) but they lack a bit of clarity and sparkle, unfortunatly someone stole it in a party and now Im currently using some mid fi sony mdr 310 which are ok but I want some hi fi sounding IEM, Im worried about the cable on both BA headphones, the possible piercing high fq and lack on bass or the lack of  wow factor and speed in the GR07, any advice? 
confused.gif
 Sorry for being such an noob
redface.gif

P.S. I did read the whole 55 page thread in like 3 days.

While I can't comment on the GR07, I do own the GR04 Flagship ( 50 Ohm impedance). Bass is great as a dynamic should be. I'm still burning them in. Pretty surprising change in first 100 hrs, went from bloated bass to sibilant treble. I'm hoping an additional 50-100 hrs cure this. I have some pretty stellar IEM's in my stable but for the money they're awesome ( $53 shipped from lendmeurears). But we're getting off topic. This is a Brainwavz thread.

Jul 14, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #833 of 1,431
Mine has said processing since I ordered it 1 month back :etysmile:

What the .... Oh well, at least they're supposed to be shipped by Monday. Or so I have read ...

Which Monday? :)

Jul 14, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #835 of 1,431
I just made use of the equalizer in PowerAmp to further flatten to FR. Well, wow.
ksc75smile.gif
Can't believe I haven't tried doing that earlier. These things really make me wonder what CIEMs sound like

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #836 of 1,431
Quote:
Got you beat ! mine have been on order for 6 weeks. I wouldn't care if they hadn't already taken my money. That's a little hokey.

Supposed to be Monday 16th. We'll see. 

From Raz's phrasing, it should be this coming Monday the 16th, yup.

I don't care that they already took my money either, as long as they arrive!

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #837 of 1,431
Jul 14, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #838 of 1,431
Quote:

Good review!
I have to agree regarding how bass is seen in music. For most users it's the big keypoint. If you see the threads for requesting advice, most people with no previous experience just want bass. If I was coming from iBuds I might feel the same way of course, but at a certain point I realized there's just so much more to music and exaggerated/muddy bass just gets in the way.

Jul 14, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #840 of 1,431
Quote:
Nice review, always nice to see good things written about something you've already ordered 
etysmile.gif

Thanks! Ah sweet, what IEM are you coming from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back