Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Oct 27, 2011 at 9:20 AM Post #721 of 1,431

Quote:
This thing just rocks, full stop, I love it so much, in fact, I just bought GR07 too, to get some different sound signature and to listen to EDM with (they are renowned to be good with EDM) but straight out of the box, it sounded terrible, mind you I was using B2 for the last 9-10 months and I was 'expecting' it to be on par with B2 with better bass, I was wrong and I know I should not have had that expectation.

mids and treble, this thing absolutely rocks, bass not so much, though it is fast, solid, and good quality, so I came to a conclusion that if I need the same details and sparkle, with better bass, I should just go and buy UM Merlin

That's what I'm afraid of. lol. 
If we want the mids, highs of the B2 + rich impactful bass, Is our only option the Merlins which cost like five times more than the B2? 

Nov 21, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #723 of 1,431

Quote:
That's what I'm afraid of. lol. 
If we want the mids, highs of the B2 + rich impactful bass, Is our only option the Merlins which cost like five times more than the B2? 

I pair my B2 with my newly acquired Digizoid Zo2 -- WOW!!

I don't think I need UM Merlin/Mage anymore now, well, at least for time being haha...

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #725 of 1,431
I've been thinking about ways to dye the whole cable black. I'm wondering if anyone's had any luck with doing this. I have some plastidip spray, but everything that I've used that on attracts a ton of dust and would be a real PITA to clean if it starts peeling, which it does do if you rub it too hard. I've seen some other threads on here where people have used vinyl dye (VHT) that you can find at the autoparts store, but I wasn't sure how much better that worked than the plastidip or if was any different.

I'd like to keep buying red tips though. Any other company other than comfy make them in that color?

Dec 23, 2011 at 4:38 AM Post #726 of 1,431
Woah. I accidentally threw my B2s in my pocket and into the laundry...and its working...exactly like how it was normally. Sound sig never changed, the only thing is that my complies died:frowning2:  I couldn't detect any sonic change and physical damage to the B2s but will it spoil the jack/cable?

Dec 23, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #727 of 1,431

Quote:
Woah. I accidentally threw my B2s in my pocket and into the laundry...and its working...exactly like how it was normally. Sound sig never changed, the only thing is that my complies died:frowning2:  I couldn't detect any sonic change and physical damage to the B2s but will it spoil the jack/cable?

Washer inserts water, dryer removes it all (evaporation).  End result is a hot IEM.  Since the electronics components were never activated while they were wet, no damage was done. 

Dec 27, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #728 of 1,431

Quote:

its likely the water was unable to get past the filter; the nozzle is pretty narrow to begin with. On the other hand, I have accidentally laundered my IE8's, and the only possible effect it had on it was softening the glue where the nozzle meets the body

Dec 29, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #729 of 1,431
Just received my B2 from MP4Nation, first impressions are that mine seems to be used. My box seems to have been opened a few times and has several rips and is quite tatty on the edges. I then noticed that the Comply tips seem worn in colour and there's a cable tie inside the hard case... I can tell the IEM has definitely been pushed out of the plastic packaging too. Fortunately the sound is fine.

Does it really cost so much to repackage something though? Not really a fan of being sold something used as new..

Dec 29, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #730 of 1,431
I think they stopped making these along with the DBA-02. Might not have had any new ones left in stock. I don't see it on amazon an MP4Nation anymore.

Quote:
Just received my B2 from MP4Nation, first impressions are that mine seems to be used. My box seems to have been opened a few times and has several rips and is quite tatty on the edges. I then noticed that the Comply tips seem worn in colour and there's a cable tie inside the hard case... I can tell the IEM has definitely been pushed out of the plastic packaging too. Fortunately the sound is fine.

Does it really cost so much to repackage something though? Not really a fan of being sold something used as new..

Dec 29, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #731 of 1,431
Still being sold on amazon through mp4nation when I do a search for brainwavz b2.  If your not happy fire em an email to see what they say.

Cheers.

Dec 29, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #732 of 1,431
I've heard stories of  MP4Nation's customer support and it wasn't on the good side so I'd rather just save myself some time, if I do ever make any more purchases I'll note it down with them though for sure.

Sigh, now I have another contender for my favourite IEM haha.

Dec 29, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #733 of 1,431
Quote:
I've heard stories of  MP4Nation's customer support and it wasn't on the good side so I'd rather just save myself some time, if I do ever make any more purchases I'll note it down with them though for sure.

Sigh, now I have another contender for my favourite IEM haha.

Really? I had a fairly unpleasant issue with an amp I bought from them and I couldnt be happier with the outcome. They will go out of their way for you if something's up

Jan 13, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #734 of 1,431
Hey guys,

any ear tips to recommend for improved isolation.

Complies are comfy but take too much of treble away, haven tried the cutting of the foamies though.

besided shure tips, other recommedations please.

thanks

Jan 13, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #735 of 1,431

Quote:
Hey guys,

any ear tips to recommend for improved isolation.

Complies are comfy but take too much of treble away, haven tried the cutting of the foamies though.

besided shure tips, other recommedations please.

thanks

Klipsch gel biflanges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back