Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jul 8, 2011 at 7:22 AM Post #439 of 1,431
I have had the DBA-02 since the beginning and has no problem with it under normal care. The cable does unravel a little but nothing out of the ordinary, even Westone cable will unravel a little. after some time. Since B2 has about the same build quality as DBA-02, I don't see much of a problem myself.

Jul 8, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #440 of 1,431
I've never understood the complaints about DBA/B2 build either.  Especially from fans of the SM3 v1.  I think it's at least as good as most of phones that populate the forums here.  Curious.

Jul 8, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #442 of 1,431
The unraveling did happen when I owned the DBA-02 and also does it on my Westone cables so it really isn't out of the ordinary. IMO if the B2 is the same build as DBA-02 then there really isn't much to worry about.

Jul 8, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #443 of 1,431
I've never understood the complaints about DBA/B2 build either.  Especially from fans of the SM3 v1.  I think it's at least as good as most of phones that populate the forums here.  Curious.

I think it has to do with there existing a few posts lately about new DBA-02's failing out of the box, or soon thereafter. Mix that with utterly horrible customer service resulting in a dubious warranty, and I think the resulting impressions are rather obvious. The B2 is made in the same factory, apparently, with the same molds, and presumably the same process, so that reputation gets somewhat inherited by MP4NATION, right or wrong.

If I were in the US (Amazon fulfillment) or nearer to MP4NATION, I wouldn't really see much financial risk in buying the B2, given that MP4NATION seems to be willing to stand behind their product (as opposed to Fischer Audio, who seemed happy to leave those screwed by the NA distributor ... screwed).

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #444 of 1,431

Quote:
I think it has to do with there existing a few posts lately about new DBA-02's failing out of the box, or soon thereafter. Mix that with utterly horrible customer service resulting in a dubious warranty, and I think the resulting impressions are rather obvious. The B2 is made in the same factory, apparently, with the same molds, and presumably the same process, so that reputation gets somewhat inherited by MP4NATION, right or wrong.

If I were in the US (Amazon fulfillment) or nearer to MP4NATION, I wouldn't really see much financial risk in buying the B2, given that MP4NATION seems to be willing to stand behind their product (as opposed to Fischer Audio, who seemed happy to leave those screwed by the NA distributor ... screwed).

There is that but I consider that bad QC not a design flaw.  It is interesting to consider that the most recent DBA shipments have issues but the B2's have all been fine out of the box.  Not even any channel imbalance.

Jul 8, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #445 of 1,431

There is that but I consider that bad QC not a design flaw.  It is interesting to consider that the most recent DBA shipments have issues but the B2's have all been fine out of the box.  Not even any channel imbalance.

I agree. In the absence of information about what goes on in that factory, we can only judge by the results. And so far, the results look very good for the B2.

Jul 9, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #446 of 1,431
Yup. No channel imbalance and build quality seems identical to my set of DBA-02's (and I consider that a good thing). As stated a page or so back, I am noticing a bit of unraveling near the plug. More than the DBA's, but certainly nothing I'm worrying about... 
rolleyes.gif
  I have used them every day since they arrived and the small amount of unraveling has not gotten worse.
And... they sound great.
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 9, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #448 of 1,431

Quote:
I'm so curious how these sound since I never heard BA earphones before. Must invest! 
biggrin.gif

More deatailed than yours and closer tonally to the Jays than the others. I don't think any BA or dynamic is representative of the genre. BA's all tend to be fast and detailed in nature but Xovers and filters can make them sound almost any way you want.

Jul 11, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #449 of 1,431
Got the B2's today

Awesome packaging.

At first I didn't like the sound but thats because I was using the silicon tips. The Comply tips really make a big difference.

I was wondering what size are the Comply tips that come with the B2? I have a feeling I have to order more... and btw how long do the Comply tips usually last and what causes them to "wear-out"?

or can anyone recommend other tips to use with them, I tried to use my Sony hybrids but they are too big for the nozzle.

Thanks

Jul 11, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #450 of 1,431
I'm using Shure "olives".  They fit perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back