Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jul 15, 2011 at 5:42 AM Post #466 of 1,431

Quote:
i agree. these companies make a ton of money from this forum.  im sure most of the members on their forum are from here.  

Actually most of our forum members are probably not members from here, our forums have been bumping since '06, but not as crazy busy as this place. I am pretty sure we might be one of the few companies that make more from our own forums than from here :wink:

Quote:
Hey, I got no issues with anyone bro, I'm not from mp4nation or anything, In fact I took advantage of the deal 
rolleyes.gif

Just saying that they might not like it. That is all.

Feel free to repost our deals as long as it doesn't violate any of Head-fi rules. Congrats on getting in on that deal, i won't be doing another one like that for a very long time haha.

Quote:
Got these today and they are indeed dope. Better then I thought they would be.

Great :)

Jul 15, 2011 at 6:14 AM Post #467 of 1,431

Quote:
I think it's the lack of proper venting on the TD and like. Yours is not an isolated incident.

The TD100Xs are vented through the cable relief and venting allows the driver more exursion and flex due to lack of back pressure so if anything, venting makes them more susceptable to issues, not less. 

Jul 15, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #469 of 1,431

Well in my experience, yeah they most resemble the TF10 to me especially with the emphasized treble and the V-shaped sound signature

Quote:
Kaikot, Are you saying the B2 has a sound signature similar to the TF10?
TIA

Thats razz, thanks for the deal, I was like 
blink.gif
 on the deals thread and had to make sure for myself!

Quote:
Feel free to repost our deals as long as it doesn't violate any of Head-fi rules. Congrats on getting in on that deal, i won't be doing another one like that for a very long time haha.

Jul 15, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #470 of 1,431
I have the DBA (which by most accounts, is identical to the B2).. and I hear nothing in the way of a V shaped signature.. if anything, the mids are pushed forward.

Jul 15, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #471 of 1,431

Quote:
I have the DBA (which by most accounts, is identical to the B2).. and I hear nothing in the way of a V shaped signature.. if anything, the mids are pushed forward.

Exactly.  B2 is balanced treble to mids.  Bass is punchy and present.  TF10 is the most V shaped I've heard and bloated one note bass that is quite boring to my ears.  They sound nothing alike really.  I might say the B2 sounds a hair more balanced out of the box than the DBA but a bit less clear and bright in the treble.

Jul 15, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #473 of 1,431
My ears must be deceiving me then 
blink.gif
 it was probably the treble which made me think of the TF10. I do remember it having better mids though.

And I'm more used to hearing the TF10 with the Lune cable than the stock one.

Anyhow I'll have lots of time with it when it arrives. Hopefully soon!!

Quote:

Jul 17, 2011 at 6:35 AM Post #474 of 1,431
hi. this will be great phones for this kind of music: metallica / the civil wars / clint mansell / queen / lotr soundtrack / bon iver / eddie vedder / electronic.  i listen everything except jazz so im try to find a IEM they can play all kind of music well. i read thay exist IEM for each kind of music...dont exist any that play all kind of music well?

Jul 18, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #475 of 1,431

Quote:
I might say the B2 sounds a hair more balanced out of the box than the DBA but a bit less clear and bright in the treble.

That's how I hear them...
But the difference is infinitesimal.

Jul 18, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #476 of 1,431
Does anyone know if the silicon tips for the B2 are knockoff shure ones? They're way too stiff and hurt after 40 mins or so.

I'm thinking of getting the grey soft flex ones but don't have the time to pop down to a store to have a look. Heck, I don't even know if any stores around here carry them... From what I can gather from the IEM tips pic thread.they do seem to be very similar. I'd believeit safe to assume a small B2 tip would translate to a small grey flex or a small triflange right?

Jul 19, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #478 of 1,431

Quote:
Would you prefer the B2 over the DBA02? well i know the difference is minimal, but if you were to pick between the 2 right now which one would it be?

That's a great question!
I think it's too early to make that determination. Right now there isn't a clear 'winner', though if a gun were to my head I'd pick the DBA-02 because of its greater extension in the highs. But lately all I've been listening to is the B2... 'cause they're new.
Also, chances are pretty good that the 'bette'r of the two would be the B2 for many people as they are ever so slightly not as bright, and bright tends to turn some folks off.

cheers

wink_face.gif

Jul 19, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #479 of 1,431

Alright, now that makes me imagine how the DBA02 sounds like if it's even brighter than the B2 that I heard from the last time 
blink.gif

Pretty sure I'll have fun with my pair as they look comfortable and light to lug around and will solve my itch for the TF10.
Quote:
That's a great question!
I think it's too early to make that determination. Right now there isn't a clear 'winner', though if a gun were to my head I'd pick the DBA-02 because of its greater extension in the highs. But lately all I've been listening to is the B2... 'cause they're new.
Also, chances are pretty good that the 'bette'r of the two would be the B2 for many people as they are ever so slightly not as bright, and bright tends to turn some folks off.

cheers

wink_face.gif

Jul 19, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #480 of 1,431

Quote:
Alright, now that makes me imagine how the DBA02 sounds like if it's even brighter than the B2 that I heard from the last time 
blink.gif

Which B2 did you hear last time?  The production B2 doesn't sound like the prototype as far as treble balance goes if you didn't catch the impressions of the shipping unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back