Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Mar 18, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #1,351 of 1,431
The Shure earphones are the first earphones I've tried we're the earpieces fit in the concha. Unfortunately I experienced horrible pain, turns out I have relatively small ears. So I am trying to avoid styles that are similar, I am thinking getting the etymotic hf5 but I've heard there are better in that price range but many of those have a similar shape to the Shures which I am trying to avoid.

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #1,352 of 1,431
So I brought the B2 but it doesn't seem to be working out for me, I am not a fan of the sound. Would anyone be interested in purchasing a pair of slightly used month old B2s with all accessories (bar the included comply tips) as well as three packs of additional comply tips. All at a reduced price. I am located in Australia, message me if you are interested

Apr 28, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #1,353 of 1,431
Anybody using Etymotic Triple-Flange tips?

Today I received 2 pairs of Etymotic tips, but they do not seem to hold on the B2's nozzle well. They are supposed to be the same size and Etymotic triple-flange should fit, but they are loose on B2, and they stay in my ear when I want to take them out. Sound and isolation is good though. Also I noticed the tip hole seem to be larger than on the pictures. I ordered from amazon.co.uk black sea international seller. Anybody having same issues?

Apr 28, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #1,354 of 1,431
  Anybody using Etymotic Triple-Flange tips?

Today I received 2 pairs of Etymotic tips, but they do not seem to hold on the B2's nozzle well. They are supposed to be the same size and Etymotic triple-flange should fit, but they are loose on B2, and they stay in my ear when I want to take them out. Sound and isolation is good though. Also I noticed the tip hole seem to be larger than on the pictures. I ordered from amazon.co.uk black sea international seller. Anybody having same issues?

There's a simple explanation for that - you didn't get actual etymotic tri-flanges. It happens often - sellers label certain tips as ety, ultimate ears or whatever brand one is searching for and people think they are buying the original tips while in reality they are getting generic replacement tips that might or might not fit and might or might not be close to the real thing. Real ety tips aren't loose on the B2's stem and it's absolutely impossible for them to come off on their own. And the tip hole is in fact pretty small. Here are a couple of pics I just snapped - kinda low quality and blurry but I'm too lazy to redo them and should give you a general idea.

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #1,355 of 1,431
^ I don't have good camera right now, but my tip-holes are definitely larger than yours! ..

That's quite outrageous considering that I ordered these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DVVE7AE/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

States: "By Etymotic Research"
I cannot be really sure unless I order directly from Etymotic right?

Thanks Kova4a for help.

Oct 20, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #1,358 of 1,431
  Recently sent my B2 back because of an issue and they sent me a new pair, didn't think they were still available. Very glad I got them back.

Sent them back, where?
I just lost the left channel on one of my pairs and would like it fixed.

thanks

Oct 21, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #1,359 of 1,431

Sent them back, where?
I just lost the left channel on one of my pairs and would like it fixed.

thanks

Same here. Mine are about two  years old though. I opnened a ticket with the company but im afraid it will cost me more to send back to china then worth it. 

As an aside and not to hijack. I love the way these fit with comply and the lightness. Anyone know of anything comparable but built a little better. 

Nov 28, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #1,360 of 1,431
I need either a new pair of B2's or an equal or better IEM... now that one of my B2's has died.

Anyone find such an IEM? Suggestions?

Thanks

Nov 29, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #1,361 of 1,431
  I need either a new pair of B2's or an equal or better IEM... now that one of my B2's has died.

Anyone find such an IEM? Suggestions?

Thanks

There's a pair of used DBA-02 on the FS section atm for a decent price.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/787815/fs-fischer-audio-dba-02-mkii-iems-in-a-great-condition-free-shipping-worldwide

Or you could consider Rockit R-50 which has a similar sound.

Nov 29, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #1,362 of 1,431

There's a pair of used DBA-02 on the FS section atm for a decent price.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/787815/fs-fischer-audio-dba-02-mkii-iems-in-a-great-condition-free-shipping-worldwide

Or you could consider Rockit R-50 which has a similar sound.

The Rock It Sounds R-50 looks like a possible alternative... I'll have to read-up on them as I haven't looked for a new set of IEM's in a long time.

Thanks, but I'm going to stay away from 'pre-owned' unless they've never been opened.

If you think of anything else that might be comparable (Etymotic HF5 comes to mind), let me know.

Thanks

>>> Edit. Rock It Sounds R-50 seem to be unavailable. :frowning2:

Nov 29, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #1,363 of 1,431
as soon as you start wandering outside, the possibilities are limitless. just like the risks to be disappointed.
while I can clearly see why H2O would suggest the R50 as a close alternative,  the hf5 don't sound anything like a B2.  do you EQ your IEM? is there something in the B2's sound you could do without?
there might be plenty of IEMs you would prefer to the B2/dba02(same thing), but it's always hard to know how you would feel about a different signature, different insertion depth(etymotic can do the double trick of being small yet uncomfortable to many) or simply something bigger. there are also a few nice sounding IEMs that are vented and have super poor isolation, so that's another decision to make.

personally I really dislike the signature of the B2, but my tastes are mine only. if you do enjoy the B2 overall, in your stead I would probably just grab another pair. I sure wish I could find the sound I love in such a small IEM.  
"don't change a winning team", but only you know if you were winning with the B2. ^_^

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #1,364 of 1,431
  as soon as you start wandering outside, the possibilities are limitless. just like the risks to be disappointed.
while I can clearly see why H2O would suggest the R50 as a close alternative,  the hf5 don't sound anything like a B2.  do you EQ your IEM? is there something in the B2's sound you could do without?
there might be plenty of IEMs you would prefer to the B2/dba02(same thing), but it's always hard to know how you would feel about a different signature, different insertion depth(etymotic can do the double trick of being small yet uncomfortable to many) or simply something bigger. there are also a few nice sounding IEMs that are vented and have super poor isolation, so that's another decision to make.

personally I really dislike the signature of the B2, but my tastes are mine only. if you do enjoy the B2 overall, in your stead I would probably just grab another pair. I sure wish I could find the sound I love in such a small IEM.  
"don't change a winning team", but only you know if you were winning with the B2. ^_^

Thanks.
You might see in my sig. that I have many IEM's and have had many more, including UE Customs.
There are too many things about the DBA-02 and B2 that are so near to perfect for my rigs and music and tastes, that the only thing I'd really want to add to them might be a tad more bass.
Their clarity is outstanding, and I don't find them shrill or excessive in the highs. I'm a Comply foamy guy only, so that's a criteria that's critical. The Comply's P-type must fit.

I was also looking at the Ety ER4P-T. Neutrality is king, but they can go a bit warm, so long as they're not rolled off in the highs.

What might you be thinking??

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #1,365 of 1,431
eheh no I didn't see your sig, my post must have looked condescending ^_^.
if you move around, just forget about the ER4, that's my sincere advice, there is no cable swap or adapter trick that makes them good to walk with. too much cable vibrations.
else it's the same idea as HF5(and probably like your hf2), to get good sound you need to insert them deeper than a B2, not really possible with comply P, they are just too long. and those IEMs have less bass from what I remember(arguably better than the B2, but not loud enough compared to the rest of the frequencies), so I'm not sure this is what you're looking for.

maybe some of Joker's recommendations? I usually run away from his favorite stuff because he likes bright signatures, but if the B2 doesn't feel too bright for you, he's most likely someone you might want to look at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back