Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Aug 30, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #1,276 of 1,431
Quote:
Just picked a pair from the mp4nation "2-day" sale for <$100. I had the Vsonic GR07 so I thought I'd try some armature IEM for a change. Overall sound pretty similar in my opinion. The B2 definitely has more details because it can produce those fast notes individually whereas the GR07 will mash it together once the speed goes up. People say the bass are these are weak but they are alright to me. The attack is very prominent and sounds better than the GR07 but after that it just goes splat. For most music I listen to this is enough bass. The highs like cymbal sound a lot more crisp and detailed. I dono if my tips are worn out on the GR07 or what, but the B2 requires 2 less step on the volume to achieve the same loudness and the B2 seals better so my head is more filled with the music. I do like all the accessory it comes with, and I really like it is worn cord up like my GR07. I think I'll switch them around for daily use as either one sound good to me. 
size]

Glad you enjoy it.  I agree that the details with the B2 are just incredible.  A couple months ago I sold off alot of my IEMs when I got my Westone 4s but the B2 definitely stayed.  What tips are you using with them?

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #1,277 of 1,431
For the B2, I use the smallest black single flange silicone tip. For the GR07, the smallest Sony hybrid.

Sep 24, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #1,278 of 1,431
Hi.

I bought in August a Brainwavz B2, I uses them with a FiiO X3.

It sounds detailed but I have a serious problem for my taste, with highs it sounds too brassy. A song that I perceive clearly this defect is Burn (Ellie Goulding).

The format of the music is FLAC from CD and the FiiO has installed the last firmware.

Is this normal with B2? How can I resolve it?

Thanks.

Sep 30, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #1,280 of 1,431
Mp4 nation currently have this for $160 with a free ibasso dzero. Pretty good deal if you don't have an amp yet

Sep 30, 2013 at 8:17 AM Post #1,281 of 1,431
Mp4 nation currently have this for $160 with a free ibasso dzero. Pretty good deal if you don't have an amp yet

Excellent deal for those looking to upgrade their headphone-out or want a portable amp. I already have Brainwavz B2.
It's a great IEM but too bright for me, very deep insertion helps but it's less comfortable.

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #1,282 of 1,431
Was listening at work to my b2s, put them down and when I put them back in the right side was dead silent. Twisting the cable would bring it back but then would stop again. Decided to open them up.

Considering if I should recable them or just stick some sockets in here and just going detachable cable. Think for now it's just the ground hitting the right channel.

e. broke the connection from the right driver and the wire, most likely sol now :frowning2:

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Nov 13, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #1,283 of 1,431
Just try comply tx100 and it sound much better to my ear. The bass is clearly more solid and the highs are no longer to bright and sharp. It's so nice and smooth high now. Also I can't explain why but the soundstage is also larger. Doesn't make sense a filter on the tip can cause this

Nov 19, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #1,284 of 1,431
B2 are my first "serious" earphones, and my beloved ones. Originally used them with Sansa Fuze+ player, but trust me they shine with a better source. I'm not very strong with audiophile language, but what their sound reminds me is a fast mountain stream, so clean and refreshing. With MA8 player, I could swear that on some tracks with my eyes closed I nearly feel singer's breath on my face, so unbelievably realistic. I also tried Hifiman RE-262 and TDK IE800 known to be very good for vocals (since I like vocal music most of all), but neither is getting close to B2.
Guess you audiophiles would call me treblehead 
smily_headphones1.gif
Is there any eaphone under $200-250 to serve as upgrade from B2 in clarity, airiness, detailing and realism?
With powerful and clean, even slightly aggressive treble, and nice mids not lagging far behind.
Willing to sacrifice bass and soundstage (actually I prefer small intimate soundspace of B2).
Oh, and if there is some good earphone fitting the description but not the price limit - don't hesitate to include it as well.
I'm currently considering Ortofon e-Q5 within the budget and ATH-CK100PRO exceeding it.
Any opinions about these models versus B2?

Nov 19, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #1,285 of 1,431
If you like B2, theres a high possibility you'll also like Etymotic ER4S. It's going to sound a little different though, but holds that cooler tonality and bright detail in the mid range, I suggest you do some reading up on them. They're 100 ohms though and require a bit of power to extract their upper most however still sound fine from the Clip for example.

Nov 19, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #1,286 of 1,431
  B2 are my first "serious" earphones, and my beloved ones. Originally used them with Sansa Fuze+ player, but trust me they shine with a better source. I'm not very strong with audiophile language, but what their sound reminds me is a fast mountain stream, so clean and refreshing. With MA8 player, I could swear that on some tracks with my eyes closed I nearly feel singer's breath on my face, so unbelievably realistic. I also tried Hifiman RE-262 and TDK IE800 known to be very good for vocals (since I like vocal music most of all), but neither is getting close to B2.
smily_headphones1.gif
Is there any eaphone under $200-250 to serve as upgrade from B2 in clarity, airiness, detailing and realism?
With powerful and clean, even slightly aggressive treble, and nice mids not lagging far behind.
Willing to sacrifice bass and soundstage (actually I prefer small intimate soundspace of B2).
Oh, and if there is some good earphone fitting the description but not the price limit - don't hesitate to include it as well.
I'm currently considering Ortofon e-Q5 within the budget and ATH-CK100PRO exceeding it.

RE-262 scales better than B2 with better sources, on my NFB-11.32 I consider them to be an upgrade to B2.
What source are you using?

The next possible upgrade I can think of is Final Audio Design Heaven VI, but it's out of your price range.
It's hard to surpass B2's technical ability under 250$.

Nov 20, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #1,287 of 1,431

If you like B2, theres a high possibility you'll also like Etymotic ER4S. It's going to sound a little different though, but holds that cooler tonality and bright detail in the mid range, I suggest you do some reading up on them. They're 100 ohms though and require a bit of power to extract their upper most however still sound fine from the Clip for example.

Thanks H20, I've heard about this model before. Adding it to my list.

RE-262 scales better than B2 with better sources, on my NFB-11.32 I consider them to be an upgrade to B2.
What source are you using?

The next possible upgrade I can think of is Final Audio Design Heaven VI, but it's out of your price range.
It's hard to surpass B2's technical ability under 250$.

My source is MA8, which must be more than enough to uncover the true potentioal of 262's.
Keep in mind though that rating B2 above 262 is my personal opinion. From strictly technical point of view, 262 could be better, but when comparing them directly on the same track, on 262 I miss the clarity, airiness and freshness of B2. Perhaps the reason is B2 being my first serious IEM which I've been listening to for more than a year, and finally got used to their sound sig. Anyway, 262 sounds more veiled in direct comparison, while B2 is striking you in the face with amazing detail. Some might hate it, but I find it amazing. If B2 is a fast icy mountain stream, then 262 could be described as a cosy bathroom with hot water. For long listening sessions, 262 must be a better thing, but it doesn't give me refreshing&shivers which B2 does. One more thing, with 262 I don't get the intimate feeling of a singer performing very close to you, almost "telling" you the song in your face. I clearly understand it is a preference thing. Someone else would like a bigger soundstage.
So what about Ortofon e-Q5 and ATH-CK100PRO, would you consider them as significant upgrade over B2 in terms I described above?

Nov 20, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #1,288 of 1,431
  Thanks H20, I've heard about this model before. Adding it to my list.

... So what about Ortofon e-Q5 and ATH-CK100PRO, would you consider them as significant upgrade over B2 in terms I described above?

Never heard them, so can't compare.

Dec 2, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #1,289 of 1,431
smily_headphones1.gif

It seems JVC FXT90 might be what I'm looking for, how does it compare with B2?

Dec 3, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #1,290 of 1,431
It seems JVC FXT90 might be what I'm looking for, how does it compare with B2?

I have both JVC FXT90 and Fischer DBA-02 MkI (same as the B2). The FXT90 are much bassier, and don't have the startlingly clear treble of the DBA/B2. The JVC's do have a nice clarity, and are much more of a "mainstream" sound quality. But my old ears prefer the DBA balance, especially with better tips (Shure grey single flange or large dual flange) that improve the DBA bass quality. I haven't used the FXT90's for a while, but I've been using the DBA's nearly every day since I first bought a pair in 2010. I'm on my second pair now, and BTG Audio put in Westone-type connectors, so they are essentially recabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back