Bose or Beats
Sep 14, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #46 of 70
<- New to the world of better-than-skullcandy headphones world.

I see everyone hating on the Beats headphones and am honestly scared to ask. My friend works at the local BB and can get the Beats Pro for ~200. Is that such a terrible deal? (no.. they aren't counterfeit...).  I can also understand and see the bashing of a $400 anything when competition is cheaper/better. It just seems like a fair price for some really durable headphones.

Thanks in advance.

Sep 14, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #47 of 70

I see everyone hating on the Beats headphones and am honestly scared to ask. My friend works at the local BB and can get the Beats Pro for ~200. Is that such a terrible deal? (no.. they aren't counterfeit...). I can also understand and see the bashing of a $400 anything when competition is cheaper/better. It just seems like a fair price for some really durable headphones.

Thanks in advance.

$200 seems like a fair price to me (IMO what the price should actually be).

Sent from my iPod touch 4g using Tapatalk

Sep 14, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #49 of 70

Quote:

I see everyone hating on the Beats headphones and am honestly scared to ask. My friend works at the local BB and can get the Beats Pro for ~200. Is that such a terrible deal? (no.. they aren't counterfeit...).  I can also understand and see the bashing of a $400 anything when competition is cheaper/better. It just seems like a fair price for some really durable headphones.

Thanks in advance.

Yea for the Pro's thats a fair price, you could just get the XB700's and an amp*better IMO* for about the same price.

Sep 14, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #51 of 70

Quote:

Thanks in advance.

I say buy them, sale them, and make a profit. Then get like Denon D2000s or Beyerdynamic DT 770s or something for $200 and then get a portable amp with the profits you gained from selling the Beats. 

Sep 14, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #53 of 70

Quote:
Pair it with a Fiio E5 = Great setup under $100. =D

pair with an e6 even better set up for just a few bucks more.
'

Sep 14, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #54 of 70
dont get the E5, get the E6, newer and improved E5.

Sep 14, 2011 at 7:27 AM Post #55 of 70

Quote:

Thanks in advance.

Great deal, get them! And yes, later on you can sell them for like 300$ and get something really good.

Sep 14, 2011 at 7:56 AM Post #56 of 70
If you mainly listen to pop and r&b you don't need an expensive/high end headphone like LCD2, Stax, HD800, T1, Ed8 etc.
I will say don't get these two headphones but Denon D2000.

I had few hours of comparing Denons, Beats, and Bose, the best one for the money is Denon.

Happy listening...

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #57 of 70
Appreciate all the input. I've been looking into the Denon D2000 now, but see from everywhere that the sound isolation (other people can hear it too?) is bad.

I wasn't looking for production headphones. I just ride the train to a total of 3 hours everyday, and want something that won't break easy and sound pretty good.

Can anyone recommend the Audio Technica ATH M50's? They would be $100 cheaper than the Beat Pros, which is a plus, but do they sound better?

Thanks!

Sep 14, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #58 of 70
^^ Look into the Sennheiser HD25-1 ii. They isolate very well, sound great, and are portable. Just don't expect them to have as much bass impact as some bass monsters that were mentioned. 

Sep 14, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #59 of 70

Quote:
^^ Look into the Sennheiser HD25-1 ii. They isolate very well, sound great, and are portable. Just don't expect them to have as much bass impact as some bass monsters that were mentioned. 

Agree. I own them, isolation is awesome. 

Their clamp force is something you need to deal with, but not a big deal. Stretch them a bit before using them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back