Bose or Beats
Apr 30, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #16 of 70

Quote:
Thank you for all your help, I assure you I am not a troll !  Thanks DaBomb77766 for that link, I have decided to go for the Phiaton MS400 they look nice and they have good reviews too thanks for all the help, now i know never to go after Beats or Bose

Good choice. I had to make a decision like this myself before. Bose and Monsters are marketing legends thats why they sell like hot cakes. But for quality audio. Thumbs down.

Apr 30, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #18 of 70
Jun 14, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #20 of 70
i find it funny when i see people bashing beats and then turning around and praising bose. they seem to think they are right. but we all know the truth. right?

Jun 14, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #21 of 70

Quote:
i find it funny when i see people bashing beats and then turning around and praising bose. they seem to think they are right. but we all know the truth. right?

Which one? 42 or that there is no spoon?

Jun 14, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #22 of 70
Jun 15, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #26 of 70
Hey glad everything ended up well...
After just browsing for about 5 minutes, you really do find that everyone "hates" the beats and bose headphones... granted the beats more than the bose it seems? 
Anyways post a thread once you get them! I'd like to see what you think! 

Jun 15, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #27 of 70
You in singapore now? or Toronto??

Singapore has a nice store called Jaben....

Otherwise

ATH ESW7
ATH ESW9
PHiaton ms320/ms400
Bowers & Wilkins p5

Jun 15, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #28 of 70

Quote:
My parents are from Singapore but I am born and raised in Toronto. Sad thing is that these are the only brands they have display models of and you can test them, all the others you cant try them so I have limited choices.  As a result I thought of asking for help ! Yeah headphones that look nice should be good, I also dont want them to be that bulky and yeah a bit of isolation should be good, dont want to disturb people.

You live in Toronto ? then go to Bay Bloor Radio.  They have pretty much good headphone selection.

If your budget is about $300 CAD, then I say you can get the low end Denons.

Monster Dre and Bose headphones are just garbage, not even worth $50, and I am serious here.

Another option for you is to get Beyerdynamic DT Premium headphones or Ultrasones Pros.

Don't get Monster or Bose, you have no idea what other headphones can easily outperform these 2 cans.

Hope this helps.

Jun 15, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #29 of 70

Quote:
You live in Toronto ? then go to Bay Bloor Radio.  They have pretty much good headphone selection.

If your budget is about $300 CAD, then I say you can get the low end Denons.

Monster Dre and Bose headphones are just garbage, not even worth $50, and I am serious here.

Another option for you is to get Beyerdynamic DT Premium headphones or Ultrasones Pros.

Don't get Monster or Bose, you have no idea what other headphones can easily outperform these 2 cans.

Hope this helps.

decent store to check out phones, i'd never buy from them though.

Jun 15, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #30 of 70

Quote:

decent store to check out phones, i'd never buy from them though.

Yes, I will never buy from Bay Bloor Radio, I mainly go there to compare against my lcd2 headphones, or try new sets.
And beside, I think they use PeachTree or iDecco amps which are really bad headphone amps.

Then I order online, it's cheaper than getting it from retail stores in Toronto.

:)

**edited (but -> buy) typo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back