Bose or Beats
Apr 30, 2011 at 10:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 70

stephanielu

New Head-Fier
Hey Everyone,

I just joined the forum ! Just needed some advice on headphones.

I got mugged last week =( and my bose quiet comfort headphones 15 were stolen. Right now I am using a skullcandy low rider headphone and they sound good but I want to get a new set of headphones. The Beats by Dr Dre studio look pretty nice and I am leaning towards those, or should I get the same set of Bose headphones. What do you guys think or do you have other reccomendations ? I mainly listen to top 40 songs in the charts and a lot of pop and r&b. My budget is under 300$ 

Apr 30, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #2 of 70
Can't tell if serious or trolling. You can get a lot better headphones than Bose or Beats for that budget.

Apr 30, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #3 of 70
Your not going to find too may supporters for Bose and none for the Beats on this website, check out CALs (Creative Aurvana Lives), or Superlux seem to be good bang for the buck headphones.

Apr 30, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #4 of 70
I doubt anyone on this forum will recommend any of those 2 brands. And you seem like youre from Singapore. So 300SGD? Makes a whole lot of difference. You can go check out Denon 1100 or just go down to Jaben. Theyll recommend different headphones to you depending on what youre looking for. Many of them look good and sound good for <300SGD. And where did you get mugged???

Apr 30, 2011 at 10:26 AM Post #7 of 70
Honestly, no, don't go for either.

Is isolation a factor?  I'm guessing we can rule out open-back ones.

Also, do you care much for how the headphones look?  Some cheap ones that sound quite good look kind of...geeky, honestly. (superlux headphones come to mind)

Apr 30, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #8 of 70
My parents are from Singapore but I am born and raised in Toronto. Sad thing is that these are the only brands they have display models of and you can test them, all the others you cant try them so I have limited choices.  As a result I thought of asking for help ! Yeah headphones that look nice should be good, I also dont want them to be that bulky and yeah a bit of isolation should be good, dont want to disturb people.

Apr 30, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #12 of 70

Quote:
My parents are from Singapore but I am born and raised in Toronto. Sad thing is that these are the only brands they have display models of and you can test them, all the others you cant try them so I have limited choices.  As a result I thought of asking for help ! Yeah headphones that look nice should be good, I also dont want them to be that bulky and yeah a bit of isolation should be good, dont want to disturb people.

Well, I've heard that the Skullcandy Aviators are quite good, and you might be able to find a demo of them somewhere in Toronto.  But as far as other choices go...well, you could always check out this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-78-portable-headphones-reviewed-sennheiser-px90-px100-ii-added-04-17

If you wanna get something even more portable, you could even go for an IEM, there are cheap ones that sound quite good too.  If you're interested in trying them out, I'd recommend you check out this thread too:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-164-iems-compared-ortofon-e-q5-etymotic-mc5-added-04-28

But these threads are quite good when it comes to looking for what you want, even if there is a lot to read through.

Apr 30, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #14 of 70
Thank you for all your help, I assure you I am not a troll !  Thanks DaBomb77766 for that link, I have decided to go for the Phiaton MS400 they look nice and they have good reviews too thanks for all the help, now i know never to go after Beats or Bose

Users who are viewing this thread

Back