Bluewave Audio Get - Bluetooth 5.0 AptX HD 24 bit amp/DAC
Aug 5, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #271 of 290
Bluewave kindly sent me a review unit to play with and I really enjoyed the Get. Very good performance and design I thought. I do hope that there is a 2nd version or new product. I'll volunteer to be a Beta tester!

Oct 26, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #273 of 290
I was using mine in my wife’s truck. But she sold it and got a car with Bluetooth. I’d recommend that if you can. Because the battery options are literally none. The battery lasts a good week in the car. My commutes aren’t longer than an hour a pop and even if it loses charge, a standard usb mini cable will just plug into any usb power source/Charger. This is probably the best sounding for it’s size, and battery life respectively. I dont/didn’t use mine for much else because whenever I cover mine up with my hand it will lose the connection. If it’s in my front pocket and phone in my back pocket it will also get really grainy and lose connection. So it got a 90degree aux cable and I left it connected to my aux port. Ten hours or longer depending how loud you have the gain turned up. I recommend keeping the volume under 60% on the device and use your car radio as the amplification of volume. The sound doesn’t get better if you turn it up much higher from your deck or from the device in my experience with the Factory Ford in dash unit. Hope this info can help you and anyone else looking to purpose/purchase this device.

Oct 26, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #274 of 290
I was using mine in my wife’s truck. But she sold it and got a car with Bluetooth. I’d recommend that if you can. Because the battery options are literally none. The battery lasts a good week in the car. My commutes aren’t longer than an hour a pop and even if it loses charge, a standard usb mini cable will just plug into any usb power source/Charger. This is probably the best sounding for it’s size, and battery life respectively. I dont/didn’t use mine for much else because whenever I cover mine up with my hand it will lose the connection. If it’s in my front pocket and phone in my back pocket it will also get really grainy and lose connection. So it got a 90degree aux cable and I left it connected to my aux port. Ten hours or longer depending how loud you have the gain turned up. I recommend keeping the volume under 60% on the device and use your car radio as the amplification of volume. The sound doesn’t get better if you turn it up much higher from your deck or from the device in my experience with the Factory Ford in dash unit. Hope this info can help you and anyone else looking to purpose/purchase this device.
I have BT built in but audio ain't very good. Looks like this is a pass for me then, thanks!

Nov 14, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #275 of 290
How well would this work in the car? Any options to remove the battery so I can leave it plugged into the aux port?
No need to remove the battery. If you leave it powered to USB, the Power supply is fed directl by the USB port and the battery is bypassed. Your battery is gonna stay new if you use it like this.
Pierre

Nov 15, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #276 of 290
No need to remove the battery. If you leave it powered to USB, the Power supply is fed directl by the USB port and the battery is bypassed. Your battery is gonna stay new if you use it like this.
Pierre
That is great to hear, thanks Pierre!

The other part of my question has to do with the battery health at high temperatures. It's been known to get up to 95+ here. It would be baking in the car, do you think the battery will hold up? I sometimes forget to park in the garage and the car's out on the driveway for a week.

Nov 20, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #277 of 290
That is great to hear, thanks Pierre!

The other part of my question has to do with the battery health at high temperatures. It's been known to get up to 95+ here. It would be baking in the car, do you think the battery will hold up? I sometimes forget to park in the garage and the car's out on the driveway for a week.

Sorry for interfering, but maybe I can help with lithium batteries thing. First of all, Lithium is not the best chemistry to use, but it keeps being manufactured because energy density compared to other elements. That said, important temperature changes are always bad for this kind of batteries. The further away (hotter or cooler) from 15 or 20 Celsius degrees, the more it degrades over time.
I'm not aware about last technologies regarding this (it's supposed that electric car manufacturers and other people are trying to improve it), but I don't think it's a good idea to have one of this batteries always inside a car if it reaches high (or extremely low) temperatures.
By the way, hotter is always worst than colder, and any bloated battery is dangerous (it means that the pressure inside has increased a lot, that the cells are degradated and that is a real danger of fire or explosion).
One last interesting point is that optimal charge lvl for battery conservation is about 50%-80% (not 100%, because the cells pressure) and it is advisable to don't go under 15% when possible.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #278 of 290
Sorry for interfering, but maybe I can help with lithium batteries thing. First of all, Lithium is not the best chemistry to use, but it keeps being manufactured because energy density compared to other elements. That said, important temperature changes are always bad for this kind of batteries. The further away (hotter or cooler) from 15 or 20 Celsius degrees, the more it degrades over time.
I'm not aware about last technologies regarding this (it's supposed that electric car manufacturers and other people are trying to improve it), but I don't think it's a good idea to have one of this batteries always inside a car if it reaches high (or extremely low) temperatures.
By the way, hotter is always worst than colder, and any bloated battery is dangerous (it means that the pressure inside has increased a lot, that the cells are degradated and that is a real danger of fire or explosion).
One last interesting point is that optimal charge lvl for battery conservation is about 50%-80% (not 100%, because the cells pressure) and it is advisable to don't go under 15% when possible.
Ya, that's the line of though I had, though not as eloquently put lol.

Looks like the search for Aptx-HD in the car continues. I found a cool gadget that was perfect for in-car use and even had a puck to skip tracks but it sadly only supports normal aptx.

Nov 20, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #279 of 290
Ya, that's the line of though I had, though not as eloquently put lol.

Looks like the search for Aptx-HD in the car continues. I found a cool gadget that was perfect for in-car use and even had a puck to skip tracks but it sadly only supports normal aptx.

GL mate. I think that Bluetooth and wireless protocols will improve soon and will be much more affordable/available.

Dec 17, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #281 of 290
Hi Pierre, despite the last firmware update that included a fix for aptX LL compatibility, I'm still having no luck connecting with that codec. It'll only ever connect in aptX only. Have you had any luck getting it to connect with LL with the Avantree Priva II I lent you?

Thx,
Tim

Dec 17, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #282 of 290
Hi Pierre, despite the last firmware update that included a fix for aptX LL compatibility, I'm still having no luck connecting with that codec. It'll only ever connect in aptX only. Have you had any luck getting it to connect with LL with the Avantree Priva II I lent you?

Thx,
Tim

I had similar issues with another bt receiver with APTX-LL which I loaned to Pierre as well. No dice. I really have a feeling it's a chipset issue with these BT receivers. I gave up trying to get it to work.

Jan 25, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #284 of 290
Pierre

Do you have any update if the app will be released or can we assume this is dead ?

Last I spoke to them, they still needed to get a developper onboard and were swamped with operations of their new product... This was a few months back. No idea if we'll ever see an app to be honest. I'm actually going to offload one of my Get, as I get too many cutouts with my current phone, so having two is overkill. Wish I would have gotten more out of this device...

Jan 25, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #285 of 290
Karendar, completely agree.

Im using FiiO BTR3 mostly now. SQ is similar to GET, but range and dropouts are much better with my devices.

Which is unfortunate, because i still like the Get's ergonomics and controls best, and feel its more solidly built. But the BTR3 also adds LDAC codec, so sound is superior to aptx-HD and with better range and much fewer dropouts it makes a big difference.

Was wondering if the LDAC codec support would be a possibility for Get in the future though. I know that aptx-HD requires the specific Qualcomm chip as it uses SoC, but LDAC codec seems to only need Sony licensing and firmware upgradability.
Would still love to have the Get upgraded, and surely wish the BT range/dropouts could be improved because otherwise its a great device in a better form factor for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back