Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Nov 15, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #1,006 of 6,129
Yep. Most of the time you have to guess what the other guy means, when there is talk about polarity and phase.
For me "reverse or inverted polarity" (the one I spoke of) is simply switching +/- on both sides. This makes no difference to the sound and like I said, it's more an OCD thing for me.

Yes, thisis the one I do not worry about.

Then there is "out of polarity", where +/- on one side are in different order compared to the other side, which definitely creates sound problems, since the soundwaves "cancel each other out".
Then there is "out of phase", which is when the sound of one channel has a time shift.

Ok, now you have confused me on this one. What you are calling out of polarity is what I call out of phase...as do other I think. Also when the sound waves are canceling each other out there is still sound... the horrible sound that people complain about when they get an iem that is out of phase (or they have attached the cable wrong). Many people just assume the iem is not good.

Not sure what the time shift thing is that you are talking about but I don't think we should get into too much detail or we will be banished to the sound science forum:)

Nov 15, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #1,009 of 6,129
No, there is no reason to jump to $200. The upcoming KBEAR Diamond single DD will be a killer earphone for (way) below $100. It has better resolution than the Blon and the most natural timbre I can think off (except the JVC HA-FDX01 at $250 USD).

Oh man i ordered tin t4 yesterday. I should have waited for kbear.how is t4 compared to kbear diamond.just curious

Nov 15, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #1,010 of 6,129
Driver lottery puts me off buying any KBear anything I think. Diamond will have to be a proper corker to get my dollar.

Nov 15, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #1,011 of 6,129
damn, people talking about wrong polarity being ok... What?!!!!!!! Dynamic drivers need to be run with the correct polarity for correct frequency response.

Nov 15, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #1,014 of 6,129
love reversed phase? what type of insanity is this
I simply love when everything sounds onesided and when bass (FINALLY, WHY DO SONGS HAVE MONO BASS?) feels stereo.

I also do love when my jack is broken so it sounds "cavey"... Great soundstage depth, but I think it is a bit too big (vocals sound like they are 1 km from you in a cave).

Guys who buy Hi-Fi speakers: get double subwoofer, not just one.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #1,015 of 6,129
May be hard to see, but basically match the shape of the BLONs connection to the cable end (round off 4 corners)

Man this thread chugs along quick!! Going back a fair bit (already) to say thanks for the guide and photos you posted! Very big help. I'll give this a go over the weekend and see how I like the Tripowin cable.

Nov 15, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #1,017 of 6,129
Hello everybody,
Is there a way to increase the bass in BL03? Like blocking the ventilation holes or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back