Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Nov 14, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #978 of 6,129
Bass on the BL-03 is very very very fit dependent, but with a good seal it is indeed pretty strong. I wouldn't personally want less, but I can see where some would.

I, for one, think it’s just right, but I can totally see what you mean about some others might prefer less.

For those that desire less, there’s no need to wait for a re-tune that may never come. It’s quite easy to tweak with tips (wide bore, for example). Also the ‘string mod’ is free and very easy to do.

Nov 14, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #979 of 6,129
When owners say they are filing upgrade cable connector to fit the BL-03, where are you all doing it? I picked up a Linsoul Tripowin C8 cable with QDC connector and it doesn't fit. The recess on the cable connector is more rounded than the raised part on the earphone which has more squared off corners. Are users filing the insides of the recessed areas to make sharper corners to match the earphone raised part? Thanks in advance....

Nov 14, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #980 of 6,129
When owners say they are filing upgrade cable connector to fit the BL-03, where are you all doing it? I picked up a Linsoul Tripowin C8 cable with QDC connector and it doesn't fit. The recess on the cable connector is more rounded than the raised part on the earphone which has more squared off corners. Are users filing the insides of the recessed areas to make sharper corners to match the earphone raised part? Thanks in advance....

I have been using straight edge two pin cables for some time with the Blon 03. That way you can wear up or down. and not have to worry about the shape of the cable.

Nov 14, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #981 of 6,129
Nov 14, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #982 of 6,129
Nov 14, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #983 of 6,129
I'd guess this is mod to tame the bass:

Wrap micropore tape tightly around the wire. For a proper duct underneath the stock tips, you'll need 10 windings of tape:

jEfDLts.jpg

Make sure that the result looks like this:

K9cJoL1.jpg

Gently pull the micropore roll off the wire, cut it in half and press very firmly to flatten the parts to strips:

wHsOXd1.jpg

Then place a strip alongside the nozzle, so that it protrudes at the front. Hold it carefully in place as you mount the silicone tip:

bTz4qnJ.jpg

Check the result - it should look like this from the front side:

qTWlWkG.jpg

Measurement time! Blue is the FR without air duct, green is the new response. You can see that the duct not only brings down the bass, but also has a further smoothing effect on treble:

nDhF7Tw.jpg
source: james444

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #984 of 6,129
I owned a pair of BIE before. (Bought right away after watching BGGAR)
The stock tips came with BIE must be the worst tips I've ever seen. Never had a good seal with those.
Besides, the driver flex is kinda annoyed.
The sound signature just not my cup of tea. Small and crowded soundstage, unnatural vocal compared to BL03, too v-shaped for my taste.
I sold them to my friend for 10 bucks days after BL03 arrived.
BL03 definitely suits my music collection better. Especially acoustic female vocal genre.
I have no problem with BL03's stock cable & tips.
Yeah I dont like the BIE too, they are too dark for me. Sounds like a black hole :) . but people that like Dark sounding Iem might like them and especially for the price.

Nov 14, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #985 of 6,129
Wut is dat?

I forget where I first saw it. I think @Otto Motor shared it. It's basically putting a piece of string on the nozzle, putting the tip on, then cutting the string. The string makes a small gap in the seal of the eartip, which results in a small leak and less bass.

Nov 14, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #986 of 6,129
Nov 14, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #987 of 6,129
Aaah yeah, now I remember, old stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back