BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Sep 26, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #4,832 of 5,353
It's been quite a while since bgvp released new products specially in their dm series, my dms and zero is on it's way and I'm getting the dx5 pretty soon, I'll find out if the long silence made an improvement, i loved the dm6 btw, hopping in this thread. 👌
The DM8 is coming out soon, probably at this end of month or so.

Sep 26, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #4,834 of 5,353
Sep 26, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #4,836 of 5,353
Sep 27, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #4,838 of 5,353
In my opinion, and only in my opinion, the DM7 was a tremendous disappointment compared to the DM6. Hopefully the early adopters of the DM8 will post opinions that will make it clear if BGVP is on the rise again, or are continuing a slide into (for me) oblivion...

Sep 27, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #4,839 of 5,353
In my opinion, and only in my opinion, the DM7 was a tremendous disappointment compared to the DM6. Hopefully the early adopters of the DM8 will post opinions that will make it clear if BGVP is on the rise again, or are continuing a slide into (for me) oblivion...
As far as my friend who already try out the demo told me, the DM8 are tuning toward the neutral side, probably like the tonality on DM7 but not far to VG4.

Sep 27, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #4,840 of 5,353
As far as my friend who already try out the demo told me, the DM8 are tuning toward the neutral side, probably like the tonality on DM7 but not far to VG4.
Thanks! I am sure there will be people who will adore the DM8, but if it is like the DM7 it won't be for me.

Sep 27, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #4,841 of 5,353
Thanks! I am sure there will be people who will adore the DM8, but if it is like the DM7 it won't be for me.
Don't worry, but which part specificity that you don't like about the DM7?

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2020 at 8:33 PM Post #4,842 of 5,353
Don't worry, but which part specificity that you don't like about the DM7?
To me, and I stress only to me (and it is dodgy audio memory from some time ago), I thought that the DM7 had gone too far in toning down the treble and bass from the DM6... They became, to me, meh... I actually still own both and will bring them out of stasis when sound impressions start to come in comparing the DM8 with the DM7 and DM6...

Sep 27, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #4,843 of 5,353
To me, and I stress only to me (and it is dodgy audio memory from some time ago), I thought that the DM7 had gone too far in toning down the treble and bass from the DM6... They became, to me, meh... I actually still own both and will bring them out of stasis when sound impressions start to come in comparing the DM8 with the DM7 and DM6...
I agree with you, I think the DM7 sound way too boring/flat for my preference, I personally like VG4 in all the BGVP line up include V12 and ES12, it has more airy/open tonality and better upper mids/treble timbre compare to the DM7, and surprisingly the VG4 has wider sound stage and better imaging with same amount of detail in comparison to DM7.

Sep 28, 2020 at 12:05 AM Post #4,844 of 5,353
I guess the VG4 will probably be the better option based on your friends opinion if you're looking for a fun sounding one.. I kinda agree about the dm7 being a bit to dull, and I actually prefer the old DM6 than the DM7.. but hey maybe they will tweak the sound a bit as their final tuning, we'll see on the lunch date

Sep 28, 2020 at 12:08 AM Post #4,845 of 5,353
True! I was expecting that the DM7 will be an "Upgrade" to the dm6 rather than a side grade, they've gotten to a different route rather than improving the dm6, the DM6 was their best sounding set I've tried in most of their line ups, I'm interested in the vg4 we'll see after the Chinese holiday if things gets right.. I do hope it'll be a comeback IEM for them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back