BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Feb 8, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #2,311 of 5,353
Quick question.....

BGVP DMG or Sony XBA N1AP

Or

BGVP DMG or Sony XBA N3AP

Mainly for edm/dance/house music, running of fiio M6

For reference I tried final e4000, felt they needed a lot of power to drive and felt the bass was a little too much

Feb 8, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #2,313 of 5,353
A lot of the Barclay James Harvest recordings are sibilant AT SOURCE so in effect, with a bright IEM you may be hearing more sibilance than the IEM actually produces...if you get my point :)
I guess im just saying that the recordings themselves are at fault
Add to that the awful sound compression youtube does on TOP OFF the dubious quality of the original uploader and you could have something fra far from ideal

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #2,314 of 5,353
That 8k region drops out and meshes with the lower treble when I put these tips on: I don't expect this to be the same for everyone because obviously this region can be highly dependent on ear canal.

Blue style tips are completely unusable with the DM6 any my ears. Reds are peeeerfect. Foams are perfect but large.

6f9mkm.jpg

Feb 8, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #2,316 of 5,353
I must have hit the lotto on my pair of DM6, no trebble issues for me.

Billy Idol's Rebel Yell sounds fine on mine, but my FLAC sounds a lot better than that YT video.

I wonder how much people's sources are adding to this problem?

Feb 8, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #2,318 of 5,353
Sure, here it is (whole album, the "sss/shshs" sibilance is piercing to a point I have to have it at very low volume, or use my EQ correction):

My usual was Billy Idol - Rebel Yell (the beginning where he starts singing).

Also, this one (it's a small sample, because I can't find that song on YT, which is a shame, because it's a great song).

(as a warning, make sure you have your volume down, I would hate if these cause pain from high volume)

Just Rebel Yell with my DM6, the tiny bore tips pictured above. Sounds god-damned-amazing. Not sibilant or harsh or even close to that. Whew, I am really glad I solved this issue for myself. The DM6 is amazing.

Feb 8, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #2,320 of 5,353
I ordered my Kanas Pro from Linsoul based on the recommendation and hype created by BGGAR but it has been more than two weeks I never received any confirmation on shipping and not my order is visible on their site, payment was already done via PayPal is this vendor a reliable vendor?
I didnt wait for DM 6 via Amazon for 4 weeks , I wish I had ordered it via Amazon ):

Feb 8, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #2,321 of 5,353
I ordered my Kanas Pro from Linsoul based on the recommendation and hype created by BGGAR but it has been more than two weeks I never received any confirmation on shipping and not my order is visible on their site, payment was already done via PayPal is this vendor a reliable vendor?
I didnt wait for DM 6 via Amazon for 4 weeks , I wish I had ordered it via Amazon ):

I bought my BGVP DM6 at Linsoul and couldn't be happier. I received a notification when it was shipped. During the time it was being built I got no information, but it was not necessary. Stephen was of great assistance when I needed help with customs clearance.

I recommend this seller.

Feb 8, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #2,322 of 5,353
Sure, here it is (whole album, the "sss/shshs" sibilance is piercing to a point I have to have it at very low volume, or use my EQ correction):

My usual was Billy Idol - Rebel Yell (the beginning where he starts singing).

Also, this one (it's a small sample, because I can't find that song on YT, which is a shame, because it's a great song).

(as a warning, make sure you have your volume down, I would hate if these cause pain from high volume)

Are you listening to these directly off youtube when you hear the sibilance or do you use a streaming service?

Feb 8, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #2,323 of 5,353
I must have hit the lotto on my pair of DM6, no trebble issues for me.

Billy Idol's Rebel Yell sounds fine on mine, but my FLAC sounds a lot better than that YT video.

I wonder how much people's sources are adding to this problem?

I really believe it lies in the combo of source and how much the sound is changed by tip rolling. Also, like you, I tried Rebel Yell in FLAC and it was fantastic, no issues and I'm using wide bore tips that let all the treble goodness through.

Just Rebel Yell with my DM6, the tiny bore tips pictured above. Sounds god-damned-amazing. Not sibilant or harsh or even close to that. Whew, I am really glad I solved this issue for myself. The DM6 is amazing.

Glad you found the tip combo that's working for you. It takes a bit of time to find the right tips, but the DM6 is truly worth the effort.

Feb 8, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #2,324 of 5,353
I don't think the Kanas Pro is available from Amazon. It might have been at one point but I can't find it anymore

I really believe it lies in the combo of source and how much the sound is changed by tip rolling. Also, like you, I tried Rebel Yell in FLAC and it was fantastic, no issues and I'm using wide bore tips that let all the treble goodness through.

Glad you found the tip combo that's working for you. It takes a bit of time to find the right tips, but the DM6 is truly worth the effort.
Me too. I generally don't put a lot of effort into headphones, but the DM6 sound so good, I felt it was worth a little extra to get the best out of them. I actually run in the mountains, usually 4-6 hour runs, so that time is spent losing myself in my music collection. I really love how the DM6 is so comfortable while running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back