BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jan 14, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #1,546 of 5,353
Try your tracking number with royal mail, when you don't see updates is usually because it's over here.

Mine came real fast, it left 07/01 and arrived this side today, it being so quick is never a good sign for customs but I'll have to bite the bullet.

Royal Mail shows one additional tracking information - item leaving overseas on 4/1/19.

Unlike you it seems I’m getting snail mail service. 10 days later it’s still not in the UK and yours is down the road somewhere in 7 days. Maybe yours got bumped onto a plane and mines coming via boat ?? Can’t help feeling panicked thinking it’s lost.

You took the standard free delivery option too right ?

Jan 14, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #1,547 of 5,353
Yeah, you'll get different information depending on where your tracking number is entered, lol—also, it's an international shipment, so it'll definitely just go without updating for a while sometimes. It'll be fine.

Jan 14, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #1,548 of 5,353
@mr.karmalicious i just noticed your signature.

Which Apple phone are you using with DM6 and how does audio it compare to Pixel ?

I have iPhone XS Max and LG V30 waiting for the DM6. The LG was supposed to be my dedicated DAC but after I bought the iPhone Max I was really impressed by its audio output and it’s not so clear cut any longer.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #1,549 of 5,353
@mr.karmalicious i just noticed your signature.

Which Apple phone are you using with DM6 and how does audio it compare to Pixel ?

I have iPhone XS Max and LG V30 waiting for the DM6. The LG was supposed to be my dedicated DAC but after I bought the iPhone Max I was really impressed by its audio output and it’s not so clear cut any longer.
Oh, I'm using a Pixel 3XL but with the Apple USB C dongle. It's $9 shipped from Apple, and they fit remarkable DACs into such a small and cheap package—both of their dongles definitely have better output than any DAC you'd have integrated into an SoC on any phone, aside from the LG phones you mention with the "quad DAC". Even then, I'd imagine for IEMs that the dongles should more than suffice—the only issue with them is that they can't push too much power, which is just not an issue for something with as low an impedance and as high a sensitivity as the DM6.

Jan 14, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #1,550 of 5,353
Royal Mail shows one additional tracking information - item leaving overseas on 4/1/19.

Unlike you it seems I’m getting snail mail service. 10 days later it’s still not in the UK and yours is down the road somewhere in 7 days. Maybe yours got bumped onto a plane and mines coming via boat ?? Can’t help feeling panicked thinking it’s lost.

You took the standard free delivery option too right ?

Yeah all standard shipping, perhaps they bumped mine up foc for being so patient?
I was nice to them, guess it mattered to them?

Jan 14, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #1,551 of 5,353
Yeah all standard shipping, perhaps they bumped mine up foc for being so patient?
I was nice to them, guess it mattered to them?

Haha That’s a nice thought. Let’s hope you are not correct about being hit with customs because of your expediated delivery.

I’m guessing you placed your order after 11/11 with none clear option whilst I’m patiently waiting on my 11/11 order with the clear option.

Part of me wishes now that I had gone with Onyx Black but the other half is happy that I will be able able to visually judge the workmanship inside the clear one :wink:
I wonder if BGVP were forced to put extra effort into the clear ones to get them cosmetically perfect internally.

BTW We were hanging out on the EPH100 lthread long while back. That was some train Haha

@mr.karmalicious I didn’t know Apple did a USB C adapter too. I wonder if they shot themseves in the foot with the Droid owners buying them too haha.

Droid owners should be jumping with joy and for once not cursing Apple. It is indeed an incredible tiny DAC. I’m tempted to buy one just so that I can plug into the LG V30 and compare directly against its QUAD DAC directly.

Many won’t want to hear this but the iPhone XS with the headphone DAC is superior sounding than the LG V30. It sounds clearer and offers almost holographic like stereo sound. LG V30 has the advantage of amps that can drive harder phones.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #1,552 of 5,353
I just received my Ocean Blue DM6, but no time yet to listen to them.
While unboxing, I noticed that the DM6 do not have any filter on the noozle. Did anybody added a filter to avoid dirty to enter into the IEM? If so, does this affect the sound?

Jan 14, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #1,553 of 5,353
I just received my Ocean Blue DM6, but no time yet to listen to them.
While unboxing, I noticed that the DM6 do not have any filter on the noozle. Did anybody added a filter to avoid dirty to enter into the IEM? If so, does this affect the sound?

I am using the Comply foam tips with wax guard (ts400 - I think). They are great and they keep the inside of the IEM clean.

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #1,555 of 5,353
- post removed for convenience -

Attachments

• gsmarena_AXON7_sound_mesurements.png
    gsmarena_AXON7_sound_mesurements.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #1,556 of 5,353
update from my order in which I ordered on 11/11. I switched my color from white to purple and then back to white. Also I upgraded my shipping to DHL in the meanwhile. Michael chan created the label 10th of January, 2019. Item shipped 11th Of January, 2019 from Singapore and I received it 14th of January, 2019 in Utah. Still listening but so far I like how it sounds. Only been listening for an hour.

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #1,558 of 5,353
so far i got my bgvp dm6 - on the hiby R3 it is mindblowing . on the zishan dsd 4487 i dont like the pairing.

Output impedance of zishan dsd 4497 is too high.

i'm afraid Zishan DSD AK4497 is not the best pairing with a low impedance (19.8Ω, DM6) multiBA iem, due to the high output impedance of zishan. you'll get significant tonal alterations, specially in highs.
and, if zishan DSD uses coupling caps (output), you'll also get bass roll-off.
better look for a DAP with very low output impedance if you plan to pair it with multiBA iems.
for example, i'd recently purchased xduoo x20, and installed rockbox (which uses to be a must for me). similar price, also balanced output available, DAC capability, and way lower output impedance. noise and distortion are very good. battery lasting is not so great, though (fixed with an small powerbank). i only use zishan with headphones.

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:53 PM Post #1,559 of 5,353
Haha That’s a nice thought. Let’s hope you are not correct about being hit with customs because of your expediated delivery.

I’m guessing you placed your order after 11/11 with none clear option whilst I’m patiently waiting on my 11/11 order with the clear option.

Part of me wishes now that I had gone with Onyx Black but the other half is happy that I will be able able to visually judge the workmanship inside the clear one :wink:
I wonder if BGVP were forced to put extra effort into the clear ones to get them cosmetically perfect internally.

BTW We were hanging out on the EPH100 lthread long while back. That was some train Haha

@mr.karmalicious I didn’t know Apple did a USB C adapter too. I wonder if they shot themseves in the foot with the Droid owners buying them too haha.

Droid owners should be jumping with joy and for once not cursing Apple. It is indeed an incredible tiny DAC. I’m tempted to buy one just so that I can plug into the LG V30 and compare directly against its QUAD DAC directly.

Many won’t want to hear this but the iPhone XS with the headphone DAC is superior sounding than the LG V30. It sounds clearer and offers almost holographic like stereo sound. LG V30 has the advantage of amps that can drive harder phones.
No my order was placed 11/11 as well. Did go for ruby red but clearly is a popular colour, so changed it a week ago to sapphire blue as they had it in stock and i was tired of waiting.
Still got my EHP-100's, they're usually sat next to my bed as they're great for nodding off to.
I've been around a fair bit longer than that, my first iem being ue super fi 5 pro's.
I just term to come and go over the years, usually jumping on some hype train.

Jan 15, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #1,560 of 5,353
Probably because the AKM DACs and their AMP/OPAMP setups are usually warm, and the DM6 is already warm, so that's multiplying the effect. The ESS (Sabre) DACs that Hiby uses in their DAPs are cold/analytical/neutral. That's probably why the DM6 sounds better (more balanced/neutral/analytical) with the Hiby, and probably too warm with the zishan dsd.

That's what's worrying me a bit as well. I only have my Axon 7 which has the AK4490 DAC, and AKM's so called "Velvet Sound" technology. It is utilized only through the stock music player, so I have the UAPP player, which does support bit-perfect mode, and it doesn't use the "Velvet Sound" enhancement, so you could try bit-perfect mode on the Zishan perhaps (if it supports it)? If there are still some Axon 7 users here, that are still wondering what this "Velvet Sound" (the SuperHiFi setting) looks like on a graph, here is a picture:

I found this image accidentally. It's measured by GSMarena, but they have hidden their measurements for the Axon 7 on their site, so you can only find it through google's image search. Probably because they didn't do their measurements properly, because other reviewers's measurements are totally different, especially when it comes to SNR and Stereo Crosstalk. Anyway...

[EDIT:] I wanted to add, that the dynamic range on the AK4490 DAC is not top notch, compared to other DACs. For those that are interested, here's a link to an interesting read (comments are interesting as well).

Sony 1Z is warm but it’s perfect with the DM6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back