BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Dec 1, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #168 of 5,353
Copper cables have a realistic timbre. And they help with cleaner bass and mids.
They also tame the treble.
Silver plated Copper in my opinion is the worst and sounds fake. Drums and guitars don't sound real, they sound funky.
Silver is brighter, extends treble.
Don't have much experience with pure silver cables myself, but that is the consensus.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 1:04 AM Post #171 of 5,353
35074863-EE9C-4567-BD92-BD0B04DEC205.png
7211BE2B-3F69-47C0-8547-CB04D416F07B.jpeg
EA00B171-5E83-4774-8604-A1782C59B1E3.png
The new FiiO FA7 has the exact same DM6 subwoofer BA stock number, and it’s 3D printed too.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fa7...-and-3d-printed-technical-mmcx-design.893889/
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fa7...d-technical-mmcx-design.893889/#post-14617058

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 1:27 AM Post #173 of 5,353
Do you mean when i ordered?
No just the shell color choice!

No I was in a store during the DM6 demo, I had two boxs; as I purchased two DM6 IEMs. The color (of the shell) was in code on the front of the box. The L shape plug or straight plug was not delineated across the box. It also didn’t show style of cable material. There is a silver/copper mix and a silver(white) cable choice at times. Depends where you buy your DM6 from. Also there was a time when the DM6 came with two cables. My dealer assured me they would be the copper cables, which I wanted. Though I’m not sure what is regarded as the stock DM6 cable, maybe copper/silver as that’s what you see the most?

But I’m pretty sure everyone wants your cable. Though the question arises if the silver changes the midrange. Though for the curious, they can always order the other cable which was not included in their package if they only received one cable. Also I have seen a choice of cable from retailer, also another laughingly saying the cable will be randomly silver or copper. Lol

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 1:31 AM Post #174 of 5,353
No I was in a store during the DM6 demo, I had two boxs; as I purchased two DM6 IEMs. The color (of the shell) was in code on the front of the box. The L shape plug or straight plug was not delineated across the box. It also didn’t show style of cable material. There is a silver/copper mix and a silver(white) cable choice at times. Depends where you buy your DM6 from. Also there was a time when the DM6 came with two cables. My dealer assured me they would be the copper cables, which I wanted. Though I’m not sure what is regarded as the stock DM6 cable, maybe copper/silver as that’s what you see the most?
Most I've seen, and what I got was a silver plated Copper cable. It sucks.

Dec 2, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #175 of 5,353

But I’m pretty sure everyone wants your cable. Though the question arises if the silver changes the midrange. Though for the curious, they can always order the other cable which was not included in their package if they only received one cable. Also I have seen a choice of cable from retailer, also another laughingly saying the cable will be randomly silver or copper. Lol

Then I am even more curious which cable will be shipped with mine - there was no choice, only on the shell itself. I am not an audiophile but from what HBB states all the time, the cables don´t do anyting to the sound signature anyways, it would just lift the overall impedance/db but I already sensed for this to be a hot, misterious topic within the audiophile forums just like the "burning in" :ksc75smile: Well, I guess every hobby/topic needs its misterious believes so that the people have something to talk about :jecklinsmile:

Dec 2, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #176 of 5,353
China is a repressive corrupt communist country. With practically slave labor in their factories/sweat shops.
What do you guys expect?
Just relax, your DM6 will be there before you know it. They are probably whipping some Chinese women to work faster as we speak :)
Bro that's what I'm afraid of... I'll give them time...I heard they going with a social ranking score "Black Mirror" style...I can wait 3 weeks... It will be a Christmas present and nobody has to get killed..

Dec 2, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #177 of 5,353
I have a quick question for you. How much of a difference between an NW-ZX300 and a WM1A? You think worth an upgrade? Or would you recommend a jump to WM1Z?
Sorry for interrupting the DM6 convo

I liked the ZX300 but I was at the Tokyo Sony Flagship store and the gall told me the ZX300 there were strictly domestic models, which could not be switched to English. She laughed and said I could learn the Japanese. I have since then learned you can Rockbox the ZX300.

But I never purchased one. I also never had the DM6 to demo with the ZX300. So also, I never spent enough time to honestly describe the ZX300 sound, but remember it way warmer than the 1A.

The 1A is great balanced with the DM6 and that was what I first liked. Though now I’m 1Z all the way. The 1Z takes the DM6 to an amazing place. It pushes any flaw in robustness out to a better and more dynamic place. The desktop TA takes it even to a better level.

Dec 2, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #178 of 5,353
Then I am even more curious which cable will be shipped with mine - there was no choice, only on the shell itself. I am not an audiophile but from what HBB states all the time, the cables don´t do anyting to the sound signature anyways, it would just lift the overall impedance/db but I already sensed for this to be a hot, misterious topic within the audiophile forums just like the "burning in" :ksc75smile: Well, I guess every hobby/topic needs its misterious believes so that the people have something to talk about :jecklinsmile:

You will enjoy whatever you get. You can always get a nice low cost cable and try to hear if it’s different. That’s how the cable drug gateway dealers get us hooked. In no time you’ll be buying cables right and left. Lol

Dec 2, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #179 of 5,353
Bro that's what I'm afraid of... I'll give them time...I heard they going with a social ranking score "Black Mirror" style...I can wait 3 weeks... It will be a Christmas present and nobody has to get killed..
Yeah that social credit score stuff in China is crazy Orwellian. The tech companies in the US are also starting to do that low key.
Its a brave new world, and we have to live in it.
Just hope some worn out tired Chinese workers are not being whipped to pump out the DM6 faster.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #180 of 5,353
You will enjoy whatever you get. You can always get a nice low cost cable and try to hear if it’s different. That’s how the cable drug gateway dealers get us hooked. In no time you’ll be buying cables right and left. Lol
This is exactly what I am affraid of already. I ordered the golden Linsoul ones that HBB recomended on his youtube channel already and certainly at one point I will need to check out pure copper cables as well :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back