BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Dec 2, 2018 at 6:20 AM Post #196 of 5,353
Guess what, they've done the old bait and switch.
Fake tracking for me as well, I would've happily waited.
Well message sent, asking for a resend with a genuine tracking number this time.

Btw normally Ali doesn't state the correct price on the packages. My dm6 were worth 15 euro according to the customs label. That way it's below the threshold and you don't have to pay customs. If the package is lost though .. they cannot claim the full price back.

Dec 2, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #197 of 5,353
HI guys, I just had a chat with BGVP's boss. A few things which I would like to share from our conversation :

1) NiceHCK M6 is not the same as DMG. They are just a copy of DMG. Attached here is a official letter by BGVP:
upload_2018-12-2_20-9-40.png

2) Regarding the vent hole at the back of the earphone that @Dsnuts mentioned. The picture of DMG where they have the holes are infact, pre-production pictures. BGVP never released any production dmgs with back vent hole. Regarding the way where BGVP will clear off old stock is debunked where the newer silver colored DMG also have the exact same vent holes as the current DMG.

The reason they removed the back vent is because they added the big vent hole next to the MMCX pin. This improves the airy-ness of the earphone and this is the one and only version of DMG for now.

3) Gary ( the boss), mentioned that they believe the copy uses cheaper local BA drivers from china while the drivers used in DMG are custom made from Knowles, which explains the difference between the price.The reason BGVP didn't advertise it as knowles driver is because they slapped on BGVP's logo . they are not allowed to show any contract between knowles due to the contract nature.

4) Gary actually mentioned that he welcome us to go for a teardown to do a 1 to 1 comparison between M6 and DMG to prove that they are different. He did say that there is something good which comes from his product being copied, we can compare between the 2 earphones to decide which is better.

5) Gary said DMG actually have the HI-Res certificate while the M6 probably does not have it.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #198 of 5,353
Next, I asked him about the topic on DM6.

1) They have already stopped receiving any orders from all their resellers (aliexpress, taobao) and will be focusing on completing the orders that they have at hand.

2) Each and every DM6 is 100% hand made, which explains why they are slower to be produced. The steps to make a DM6 is complex and will take time. No worries about the quality, they pay attention to the quality and will not rush any step.

3) They churn out DM6s daily and aim to complete the backlog by December. Also, they have made more than 1000 DM6s till date.

4) Gary want's the customer to understand that DM6 is not just a simple product, they are also a form of ART. Hope that everyone understand that it is not their intention to delay, but DM6 really takes time to be produced as it is pure handmade process.

Here is their official statement:
<Official Announcement>

It is vulnerable for new brand if we cannot hear your ideas. We are sincerely sorry for the long time shipping about BGVP DM6. We did not expect the huge inquires of BGVP DM6. Thank you so much for all your support. In order to provide you with the best quality of BGVP DM6, based on current situation, we decided to stop selling BGVP DM6 until we finished current orders. Here are several reasons that why we stop selling now:

The production for BGVP DM6 is very slow. It is hand-made. We can only produce several items each day. In order to provide you with the best quality of BGVP DM6, we will also take more time for testing before it is ready to ship to you.

Some sellers sold BGVP DM6 at very lower price on Aliexpress to attract more orders without our permission, which caused a lot of complainment. We also noticed that they ignore your inquires about your purchase order. We are upset that they didnot care about the customer service of our brand. We are here to express our regret for causing you any inconvenience.

As new brand, We BGVP want to provide you with one of the best audio experience. We care about all your ideas and read all your comments, reviews. You are helping us to move forward. Without you, we cannot achieve anything. If you have any ideas, please send us PM. We will reply you as soon as possible.

We will try our best to enhance the production capacity and ship your item to you as soon as we can. If you have any inquires, you can contact us directly and we will check your order status. If you have any suggestions, please help to share your valuable ideas with us.

These are some picture and videos that gary sent me, i have uploaded them to imgur: https://imgur.com/a/RWTsuEI?

Dec 2, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #199 of 5,353
@aspire5550 - Thanks SO much for this info. Great to hear. Did you have any contact info as mentioned?
I dont understand about the 'selling at a lower price without their permission' - I thought companies bought products
and if they put them on sale it means they are taking less profit
TBH though if the products wasn't on sale I wouldn't have bought it. $199 is a lot to ask for an unknown IEM !?
Although thinking about it,I have heard that when Tesco's put their products on sale for less, its the manufactures not
Tesco that takes the hit ?

Dec 2, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #200 of 5,353
@aspire5550 - Thanks SO much for this info. Great to hear. Did you have any contact info as mentioned?
I dont understand about the 'selling at a lower price without their permission' - I thought companies bought products
and if they put them on sale it means they are taking less profit
TBH though if the products wasn't on sale I wouldn't have bought it. $199 is a lot to ask for an unknown IEM !?
Although thinking about it,I have heard that when Tesco's put their products on sale for less, its the manufactures not
Tesco that takes the hit ?
If you have wechat, you can pm me.

The selling at a lower price without permission thing is just how the contract works i guess. It just happen that BGVP have a fixed price where they require their resellers to not sell below it?
The iem is unknown to you probably because it is a china brand, there's actually tons and tons of earphone brand in china which we never heard of in all kinds of price range from $5 to $5000 dollars. BGVP just happen to be one of it which the brand was known outside of china.

Dec 2, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #203 of 5,353
Today I was playing with some filters for DM6. Settled on a rolled piece of alcohol swab in the nozzle for now.
Uncalibrated masurements included, to my surprise they are pretty close to ones from crinacle..
IMG_20181202_194311.jpg

red - stock, light blue - with filter
Customizing treble is really simple with these alcohol swabs, just try different lengths and see which suits you the best.
I used a strip which is slightly longer than 3,5mm jack as you can see in the picture above (lazy to measure its length).
dm6 filter.jpg
Treble is now cleaner and less distracting, however I see how someone would prefer stock treble, but I´m kinda treble sensitive.

comparison with T2 if anyone is interested..
DM6 vs T2.jpg

Dec 2, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #204 of 5,353
Today I was playing with some filters for DM6. Settled on a rolled piece of alcohol swab in the nozzle for now.
Uncalibrated masurements included, to my surprise they are pretty close to ones from crinacle..

red - stock, light blue - with filter
Customizing treble is really simple with these alcohol swabs, just try different lengths and see which suits you the best.
I used a strip which is slightly longer than 3,5mm jack as you can see in the picture above (lazy to measure its length).

Treble is now cleaner and less distracting, however I see how someone would prefer stock treble, but I´m kinda treble sensitive.

comparison with T2 if anyone is interested..
It's easy to get DMG and DM6 confused.

Dec 3, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #207 of 5,353
Anyone being given the runaround on these, the seller isn't responding one bit.
A few of us have, from different sellers
Up shot is that the IEM's ARE coming but they will be taking around another 2 weeks from now before they are shipped

Dec 3, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #208 of 5,353
having used the DMG and DM6 for a few weeks now, I can say that the DM6 has that rich full sound, meanwhile the DMG has a more V shaped sound, you can EQ it but it can't quite reach the DM6 signature, but I can see if someone prefers the DMG sound, in any case, BGVP has two hits in their hands, can't wait for their future products

if they can finish their DM6 backlogs lol

also I have the Sony MDR-1A, I know it's tough to compare a headphone with an IEM, but the DMG/DM6 sounds better to me :frowning2:

Dec 3, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #209 of 5,353
having used the DMG and DM6 for a few weeks now, I can say that the DM6 has that rich full sound, meanwhile the DMG has a more V shaped sound, you can EQ it but it can't quite reach the DM6 signature, but I can see if someone prefers the DMG sound, in any case, BGVP has two hits in their hands, can't wait for their future products

if they can finish their DM6 backlogs lol

also I have the Sony MDR-1A, I know it's tough to compare a headphone with an IEM, but the DMG/DM6 sounds better to me :frowning2:

That's great, what eartips and cable are you using for the dm6?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back