BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Nov 29, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #61 of 5,353
For the DM6 owners that have had other IEMs before: do me a favour and wear them in a noisy environment. the outside noise blocking sounded 'weird' and 'off' to me when I had them, all of my older IEMs from cheap Shure's to custom moulded Westones had the same 'blocking' signature, but these .. I remember let most of the mids through while blocking the lows and highs as expected, might be part of why I had issues with them. And how does the blocking part of the DMG compare to the DM6?

Nov 29, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #62 of 5,353
Hi all,

I'm in the process of ordering a pair.
Hardest thing is deciding on color.
Plan on using these at the gym with a Bluetooth cord.
Anyone else doing the same and with what cord?
Last did anyone else take advantage of the sale price on Ali site?

I just bought a ES100 instead of a Bluetooth cord, I couldn't find a BT cord with LDAC , I'm happy with the ES100, sounds really good

Nov 29, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #64 of 5,353
You are not the only one with complains regarding that treble unfortunately.

I'm guessing the treble complaints come from the sharp dip after 10k, and then the peak at 16k, leading to cymbals sounding weird? Based on the FR graph, I could see that it might be a problem for me as well. I would definitely perceive that peak as a strong hiss, based on my experience with the TRN V80s at least, which are very hissy (I guess I am treble sensitive). Probably why @crinacle suggested a 20ohm adapter to be used with the DM6, which could tame that down, basically lowering the "sensitivity".

About the ali orders, I've just spoke with the seller (the A&V one with the 25% discount from 11.11), and he told me (if I understood him correctly), that they get a new batch of 20 BGVP DM6es a day. They are sending them based on order time. So for me, he told me at lest 10 more days of wait. I've placed my order on 26th of October, so probably that could be a rough indicator of when the rest are gonna be shipped. This is crazy indeed. We kinda broke BGVP. :floatsmile:

Nov 29, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #65 of 5,353
I've been out of town all week for work, but the DMG will be waiting for me when I get home tomorrow night. I told myself that I wasn't going to buy anything on black Friday, but this forum conspired against my wallet.

At least I got a good deal on it :)

Nov 29, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #66 of 5,353
I'm guessing the treble complaints come from the sharp dip after 10k, and then the peak at 16k, leading to cymbals sounding weird? Based on the FR graph, I could see that it might be a problem for me as well. I would definitely perceive that peak as a strong hiss, based on my experience with the TRN V80s at least, which are very hissy (I guess I am treble sensitive). Probably why @crinacle suggested a 20ohm adapter to be used with the DM6, which could tame that down, basically lowering the "sensitivity".

About the ali orders, I've just spoke with the seller (the A&V one with the 25% discount from 11.11), and he told me (if I understood him correctly), that they get a new batch of 20 BGVP DM6es a day. They are sending them based on order time. So for me, he told me at lest 10 more days of wait. I've placed my order on 26th of October, so probably that could be a rough indicator of when the rest are gonna be shipped. This is crazy indeed. We kinda broke BGVP. :floatsmile:
Interesting, my seller (H duby team) told me the same about the 20 units per day, so I guess it might be true... No idea when I will get mine shipped though...

Nov 29, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #67 of 5,353
I just bought a ES100 instead of a Bluetooth cord, I couldn't find a BT cord with LDAC , I'm happy with the ES100, sounds really good

I see, sorry if i sound stupid here but why would i use a reciever with a portable player? wouldnt that be carrying two devices? I want to go as cordless i can. Theres no Bluetooth ldac cord at all?

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #68 of 5,353
Another 11.11 DM6 victim, the seller dosnt know when its going to be delivered from factory...
Seller Yaoyaotiger HIFI Audio Store, Anyone has expiriance with them ?

I also ordered from yaoyaotiger (12th Nov 2am) having cancelled a custom set from a&v due to fears over very long delays....

So far I just have a fake tracking number now overdue the 7-15 days express post limit and a vague message reply that they haven't been sent and the factory is being slow making them. Doesn't seem like a very honest seller!

Still, have been enjoying tin t2 and whizzer he03 are with royal mail so should be delivered soon to keep me occupied during what sounds like will be a long wait...

Nov 29, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #69 of 5,353
I see, sorry if i sound stupid here but why would i use a reciever with a portable player? wouldnt that be carrying two devices? I want to go as cordless i can. Theres no Bluetooth ldac cord at all?

I wanted to go wireless with the best possible quality so instead of using a BT cord to replace my balanced copper cord, I just used the ES100 to connect to my phone via Bluetooth LDAC

I went this way because I'm using Spotify on my phone

Nov 29, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #70 of 5,353
C6920124-D211-4B13-B56F-68B09BFBAEA8.jpeg
6BA45B4E-5D09-476E-8B46-A6A8D678B16B.jpeg
Hello! Some Questions for DM6 Owners!
  • Have anyone try Balance? If so, How are the DM6 w/ Balance Cable? Noticeable Improvement ?
  • What are some Tips you guys have try and preferred? What Tips do you guys recommend that can be bought in the US / Amazon?
Thanks!

Blue translucent shown with Mee adapter set with 4.4mm balanced. The black pair regular 3.5mm single ended. Funny though the black pair had an L shapped plug (shown) and the translucent blue had a straight plug, though the outside packaging was identical?

Balanced is the only way to go as they totally can scale up with TOTL DAPs. Amazingly they will even continue to scale farther with desktop rigs, showing themselves to be quite entertaining.

The treble talked about is a small flaw that can be of little consequence depending on the genres you listen to. I listen to electronic music and never notice the response hicup. Looking forward to getting another upgrade cable in a month or so; probably get a Hansound Audio Zen 4 or 8 wire?

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #71 of 5,353
even that treble presentation is not exclusive to the DM6, because the Etymotic (my golden standard iem) also presents snares and cymbals like the DM6. compared to the positive points of the DM6 that treble thing is not a negative in my book, but more of a different character

Nov 29, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #72 of 5,353
even that treble presentation is not exclusive to the DM6, because the Etymotic (my golden standard iem) also presents snares and cymbals like the DM6. compared to the positive points of the DM6 that treble thing is not a negative in my book, but more of a different character

Well, it’s totally subjective............ but it may come out in the wash at some point in the future. My feeling is they are not best with vocals too due to the issue. Though I’m not an expert in $200 IEMs.

Nov 29, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #74 of 5,353
Well, it’s totally subjective............ but it may come out in the wash at some point in the future. My feeling is they are not best with vocals too due to the issue. Though I’m not an expert in $200 IEMs.

yup you are totally right, that's why i said in my book, because i know for sure many people that i know are put off by that "plasticky" mid high sound. i see them like different lenses/perspectives to capturr the same object. different iems would capture slightly different ways of the same song. that way i sometimes noticing something that i might pass by when hearing it with other earphones, for example.

Nov 29, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #75 of 5,353
Guys, can yall describe the treble issue? Is there measurements to illustrate the issue? It seems people are selling them due to treble issues.

Oh wait, burn-in will take care of it? Nahhhhh....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back