BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Nov 30, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #91 of 5,353
Hi On November 12, I ordered customised products through aliexpress A&V store

and i asked a BGVP official dealer about the driver issue

I hope driver issue and treble issue are okay when i recieve and listen this iem

Nov 30, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #92 of 5,353
I've ordered DM6 on 11.11 from Audio&Video Professional Store on AliExpress I believe this is the one with the big discount.

Some time later they changed status to "shipped out".

Now it says "shipment canceled".

I suspect that they set the status to "shipped out" to meet the AliExpress deadline... I hope so. I hope that they don't cancel orders because BGVP can't meet demands =/

There is a 5 days processing time (the default time that is given on any seller, to basically prepare and ship the item). After that time runs out, aliexpress cancels the order, and refunds the money (It's a form of buyer protection). Basically you need to extend the processing time if the seller has a supply issue, or it's a custom order like in the BGVP DM6's case. Due to the demand and the slow manufacturing, it could take a month. So basically you need to keep extending the processing time, until the seller gets the items and ships them to you. If you forget about it, and the time runs out, you are basically s****ed. There is no bad guy here, it's just how things work.

Nov 30, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #93 of 5,353
There is a 5 days processing time (the default time that is given on any seller, to basically prepare and ship the item). After that time runs out, aliexpress cancels the order, and refunds the money (It's a form of buyer protection). Basically you need to extend the processing time if the seller has a supply issue, or it's a custom order like in the BGVP DM6's case. Due to the demand and the slow manufacturing, it could take a month. So basically you need to keep extending the processing time, until the seller gets the items and ships them to you. If you forget about it, and the time runs out, you are basically s****ed. There is no bad guy here, it's just how things work.

Yeah i know but i didn't need to extend because they changed the status to "shipped".

I asked the seller about the shipment cancellation.
This is thier answer:

"Dear friend,

Sorry that your parcel maybe has been lost on the way. and we just got the information that it is not available now, so would you mind waiting about 10-14 days for the resend one?once we get the new batch, we will send out as soon as we can . or we will give you a refund.

Regards."

Sounds scatchy i think.. also in the comments of the DM6 listing you can read some weird handeling of backorders and shipping regarding that seller.
I dont think they are trying to scam but they should just admit to not having them in stock.

Nov 30, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #95 of 5,353
This is a regular trick that these scammer at this particular store plays ... If you feel scammed, definitely leave feedback so that AliExpress patrons are forewarned about this behaviour.

Nov 30, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #97 of 5,353
I got my clear DM6's in yesterday. Here are a few pics:

Bonus eyecandy shot:
20181129_114246.jpg

20181129_113833.jpg
20181129_113842.jpg

Nov 30, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #98 of 5,353
I ordered from banggood store (23rd Nov) on AliExpress and they sent a email today saying:

"Dear customer,

Yes, we have the items in stock now. But this item is very popular and there are many orders to prepare. We need to double examine the items to make sure they are in good conditions. So each day, we can only ship 8-15 items out. And we will put your order in priority and try our best to ship your order as soon as we can, hope you can wait. Thank you for your understanding"

Nov 30, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #100 of 5,353
I have asked Penon about this - according to them they have received OEM Knowles drivers which they printed BGVP logo on. Got also this post supposingly from Knowles, anyone can read Mandarin here? Either way I still love my DM6.

Full translation to the best of my chinese:

Feeling bored staying in house during the hot summer? For sure you did not get yourself a good earphone. With music accompanying you, you will never feel bored during the summer!

@BGVP_electric_sound (the handler for bgvp in weibo), DM6, 5 driver, custom housing, audiophile in ear balanced monitor. Detailed and rich vocals, soft/comfy and not piercing.
Uses knowles balanced armature driver, bass has fast response, energy is just right , good decay , while also have good quality. Makes your summer more pleasant.

My take, in no context did they mention that DM6 uses knowles 30017. Knowles china only mentioned about the bass driver in dm6 is from knowles. From what I know, if a chifi company uses knowles driver, they will advertise it for sure.
Most, if not all chifi company will advertise heavily on the knowles drivers if their earphone do use drivers from knowles as it is a very good marketing .

Nov 30, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #102 of 5,353
Yeah i know but i didn't need to extend because they changed the status to "shipped".

I asked the seller about the shipment cancellation.
This is thier answer:

"Dear friend,

Sorry that your parcel maybe has been lost on the way. and we just got the information that it is not available now, so would you mind waiting about 10-14 days for the resend one?once we get the new batch, we will send out as soon as we can . or we will give you a refund.

Regards."

Sounds scatchy i think.. also in the comments of the DM6 listing you can read some weird handeling of backorders and shipping regarding that seller.
I dont think they are trying to scam but they should just admit to not having them in stock.

This is default behaviour.

I too have recently placed an order on Ali, with DHL shipping.

Received tracking number after 2 days, but no updates on the tracking the last 5-6 days ( no updates at all really ).

They claim to use a local freight company, to ship the package _TO_ DHL - and claims that they have failed to deliver the package to DHL in a quick manner.

Fishy, fishy, fishy.

Yes, it's custom IEM's ( Toneking's), but they said they needed a couple of days, not over a week.

Nov 30, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #103 of 5,353
There is noting "scammy" about it (misleading perhaps). This particular seller is probably afraid that people are not going to manually extend their processing time, so he most likely does this out of fear, when he should just say it like it is. Many people don't understand the fact, that NO seller has stock of this particular IEM, because IT'S CUSTOM MADE. You place an order, the seller takes it to BGVP, they manufacture it, then send to seller, and then aliexpress takes care of the rest. I would actually blame people who are not familiar with the process, and jump to conclusions and bash sellers out of frustration. I've had a long discussion with that seller, and he never used such an excuse on me, because I showed him from the start that I understand how it works (and that I will extend the processing time, especially after the huge number of orders). I'm not making excuses for him, and he probably should've said to every person that ordered (yeah, each of all of the 400+ orders), that they will need to extend the processing time, because of all that. And keep in mind, that every order that gets canceled hurts the seller, because there is already order placed with BGVP, and when an order gets automatically canceled, it hurts all parties involved (the seller, BGVP and YOU).

My recommendation to all: give the seller (all of them in fact, because they are all affected by the demand) 20 days more processing time (and extend additionally if needed), and learn patience. There is a language barrier as well, and that contributes to the confusion, No reason to be negative. You will get your order eventually.

Yes and no. The custom finish are made to order, other ones were stocked. When I have ordered mine in Penon on 12th November the item was posted next day. And I have received it 7 days later.
But popularity of the item got stock depleted with most of the sellers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back