BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Dec 15, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #572 of 5,353
Persuaded by all the rave reviews I bought a pair of DM6s from Penon (always excellent service) and I have to say they live up to the hype. I have had them for about 2 weeks now, and these are incredible for a $200 iem. I have been comparing them with my 3 year old Shure se500s - which still cost over $500. It's kind of shocking how much better the DM6s are (and I really like the Shures). More impactful bass, bigger soundstage, better dynamics, better detail. I find they are too intense and immersive for casual listening while I am working - these are for dedicated listening sessions. Really interesting how the best chi fi is changing the cost / performance equation.
Sounfs great - happy to hear you are satisfied. Is it the amount of detail that would cause you to get sucked into the music and distracted from work which makes you think it will not work in an easy listening environment?

Dec 15, 2018 at 2:32 AM Post #575 of 5,353
Just tried KZ star tips yesterday and they have been my favorite so far. Waiting on Symbios to arrive to try them out.
Symbio fits and isolates best. But I find the sound feels closed in(smaller soundstage). It's may be because it has a smaller stem compared to Hifiman's bi-flange tips.

Dec 15, 2018 at 2:46 AM Post #576 of 5,353
Persuaded by all the rave reviews I bought a pair of DM6s from Penon (always excellent service) and I have to say they live up to the hype. I have had them for about 2 weeks now, and these are incredible for a $200 iem. I have been comparing them with my 3 year old Shure se500s - which still cost over $500. It's kind of shocking how much better the DM6s are (and I really like the Shures). More impactful bass, bigger soundstage, better dynamics, better detail. I find they are too intense and immersive for casual listening while I am working - these are for dedicated listening sessions. Really interesting how the best chi fi is changing the cost / performance equation.

I listen to everything. I am fortunate to enjoy a good spot in the hobby.
These got my attention right away and after an hour of critical listening. I set off the alarms :) I agree that longer than a album and your brain is tired from picking out details. That is what happens to me anyway.

I am sorry to the folks who are getting played.

Dec 15, 2018 at 3:01 AM Post #577 of 5,353
I’ve been refunded by that AliExpress seller and should receive a set of dm6 from penon in a few days. If I want a set of iems for all day listening rather than critical listening what would you recommend?

Dec 15, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #578 of 5,353
I wonder what people think when they see these in my ears at the gym ....

Dec 15, 2018 at 3:41 AM Post #580 of 5,353
The Alpha & Delta AD01 (Black)
Good shout and I've never tried those. Still pondering on fiio x5iii, x7ii, m9, ibasso dx120 for my out and about set up or just buy dx150 again....

Dec 15, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #582 of 5,353
Just hot confirmation that DD-Audio has shipped my purple ones. So ladies and gents of DHL, I count on you to have them shipped to Germany before Christmas. I can't wait to listen to metallica's black album with these

Dec 15, 2018 at 4:00 AM Post #583 of 5,353
Just hot confirmation that DD-Audio has shipped my purple ones. So ladies and gents of DHL, I count on you to have them shipped to Germany before Christmas. I can't wait to listen to metallica's black album with these

I got mine from DD-Audio and opted for DHL shipping to UK. They were shipped about 3days later and took about a week to get to me, so I had them within 10days of placing order. Hopefully you’ll get them before Christmas

Dec 15, 2018 at 4:04 AM Post #585 of 5,353
Has those odd connects but they have a good extra cable they sell with em for $120 IEm's and upgrade cable. Can listen all day with em.
Will order some today. What dap do you use for all day/out and about? I like the idea of dx150/x2ii amp swapping but they are not as portable as the others

Users who are viewing this thread

Back