BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Feb 15, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #5,071 of 5,353
Throwing another graph into the ring.

bgvp-dm8.png

This is a very relaxed tune. Despite the size of that midbass hump, it's not foggy or smeared sounding, at least not on first listen. Currently listening to Cigarettes After Sex.

Looks good in wood.

IMG_0709.jpg

Feb 16, 2021 at 12:57 AM Post #5,072 of 5,353
Yeah. Stock cable+bass tips+wide tube. Depends what sort of music or sound angle you're after, of course. I can say for sure these have by far the best bass and separation I've heard, and the most accurate positional audio in a larger soundstage(games, duh). If you're after total audio perfection, these $299'ers won't quite get you there, with their bits of sibilance, dabs of hot trebles, and imperfect fit. But even so, they amaze me every time I use them, and require a deep force of will to take off. Just 3 more hours, please... :frowning2: I haven't heard IEMs over this price except DM8, so I'm not sure what's out there(like S8/S8F/MEST), but these totally kick ass compared to all the headphones I've heard up to the $500 mark, and sound practically as good as what I remember of LCD-3 and HE-6. I can't say enough good about these things, in a world with so many unimpressive sounding IEMs at this price and below. (Oh, and you really gotta burn them in for like 100 hours, first, too) I've heard a few people say they prefer FH7 over FD5, but I have no interest in trying any of the current FiiO's after having this and FH3. Waiting for a double DD or DD+e-stat. I would say FD5 is best suited for content with lots of texture & space, instrumentals, any kind of lighter/ambient content, gaming/3D, and shows its flaws with bright content and vocals. DM8 solves those specific flaws, but doesn't have The Bass, which is a huge part of the puzzle, IMO. DM8 would be great for podcasts or anything with a lot of talking for a long time. Ultra smooth, no fatigue. Rather intoxicatingly smooth, but I can't help notice their boxed-in and bass-lite sound compared to FD5.
I own DM8. and Faerless S8P (and also Dunu SA6). I can say that among the 3 I definitely prefer SA6. DM8 and S8P are different but comparable to each other. DM8 has more body, more sound structure and a more present low range even if not clear and fast. S8P is smoother, brighter and more detailed. But it doesn't have the body of DM8. I bought a silver cable for the DM8, to streamline the sound a bit, hoping it will also keep all the sound structure it has. But I still have to test the cable on the DM8. The S8P has its stock cable not up to par and with another cable (possibly silver copper) it sounds really good if you like a studio-like sounding iem, but without listening fatigue or harshness.
The Dunu SA6 in my opinion is a good cut above both of them.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2021 at 1:27 AM Post #5,076 of 5,353
I own DM8. and Faerless S8P (and also Dunu SA6). I can say that among the 3 I definitely prefer SA6. DM8 and S8P are different but comparable to each other. DM8 has more body, more sound structure and a more present low range even if not clear and fast. S8Z is smoother, brighter and more detailed. But it doesn't have the body of DM8. I bought a silver cable for the DM8, to streamline the sound a bit, hoping it will also keep all the sound structure it has. But I still have to test the cable on the DM8. The S8Z has its stock cable not up to par and with another cable (possibly silver copper) it sounds really good if you like a studio-like sounding iem, but without listening fatigue or harshness.
The Dunu SA6 in my opinion is a good cut above both of them.
Is the sound of SA6 also studio like, and much better than S8Z/P (didn't understand which one you have, since you mentioned both)?

Feb 16, 2021 at 1:49 AM Post #5,078 of 5,353
Last edited:
Feb 17, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #5,080 of 5,353
Gentlemen, with what adapters did you get DM8, because I had something like in the picture and I have not seen anyone else get them with the same as me

Attachments

• IMG_20210217_072537_copy_3609x4812.jpg
    IMG_20210217_072537_copy_3609x4812.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Feb 17, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #5,082 of 5,353
Gentlemen, with what adapters did you get DM8, because I had something like in the picture and I have not seen anyone else get them with the same as me
These are the ones i got.
The ones you got are the better quality ones, wish i had gotten yours instead, but it is what it is.
Not really an issue for me anyway, since i have a ton of cables in all sizes.
1.png

Feb 17, 2021 at 3:03 AM Post #5,083 of 5,353
These are the ones i got.
The ones you got are the better quality ones, wish i had gotten yours instead, but it is what it is.
Not really an issue for me anyway, since i have a ton of cables in all sizes.

I would like to exchange for the whole set with you, the adapters in my case are the smallest problem. Since opening the box, I have already started having problems with IEM's

Feb 17, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #5,084 of 5,353
I would like to exchange for the whole set with you, the adapters in my case are the smallest problem. Since opening the box, I have already started having problems with IEM's
Ah, while mine might be what you are looking for, and while they might look nice, the picture of course doesn't show anything!
1 of the 2 adapters has already broken, within 2 days of use. The Adapters themself are very "lose" and wiggle around, it's like a 2 part piece that's been glued together.
It's very very low quality, so these specific ones, i would not recommend!

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2021 at 3:34 AM Post #5,085 of 5,353
Ah, while mine might be what you are looking for, and while they might look nice, the picture of course doesn't show anything!
1 of the 2 adapters has already broken, within 2 days of use. The Adapters themself are very "lose" and wiggle around, it's like a 2 part piece that's been glued together.
It's very very low quality, so these specific ones, i would not recommend!
My DM8 was delivered on February 10, after opening the package in a new cable, the jack plug was broken, its cover was sliding on the cable, which made it impossible to connect it to the adapter, and to connect it to DAP you had to get tired. I tested about 1.5 hours of listening and the IEMs were put off for 3 days to burn them out, after 3 days I change the cable in them and the right earphone does not work on any cable I have, I tested 6. In the current situation, the right earphone works only on the cable from the set but only if you find the right point by turning the mmcx plug. This is my adventure with DM8, of course I wrote to the producer about it, but the answer I got is less than pathetic ... I am waiting now for a response to my proposal to send the broken elements ... When it comes to adapters, the jack plug plugs into them crookedly, so they are not of good quality either ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back