BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Feb 11, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #5,056 of 5,353
they really lack in that way compared to my Kz AS10s.
I have AS10, and the ZAX sound much more natural(not "underwater" sounding) than AS10. Pretty impressive budget IEM :) AS10 treble is smoother, though.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2021 at 12:39 AM Post #5,058 of 5,353
I got BGVP DM8. I must say that overall it is a satisfying iem. Good total balance. To my taste I am waiting for a silver cable to dampen and speed up the low range a bit which I find a little too full for my taste. But overall I like it.
I do not know the top models but as I am not a DD lover I would like to know how full BAs above DM8 sound

............ is there any news on BGVP NS9 ???

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #5,059 of 5,353
I got BGVP DM8. I must say that overall it is a satisfying iem. Good total balance. To my taste I am waiting for a silver cable to dampen and speed up the low range a bit which I find a little too full for my taste. But overall I like it.
I do not know the top models but as I am not a DD lover I would like to know how full BAs above DM8 sound

............ is there any news on BGVP NS9 ???

Their webpage says:
It's been a while guys ! Yes we have been very busy on production and moving office for the past weeks. We will take a break during the Chinese New year and will be releasing our latest hybrid iem NS9 shortly ! So stay tuned for more news about it !

So a little more patience regarding the NS9 i guess.
Also speaking of cables, i switched to a silver cable myself for the DM8, and i'm enjoying the DM8 even more now! ( Also i love the color matching, but that's just me )
Naamloos.png

Feb 13, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #5,061 of 5,353
Name and model of your silver cable?
Unfortunately, no name or model!
It was fully custom made actually!
But it's a Litz Silver plated (6N) with 16 cores.
( From my testing with many many different cables, this one has to best results )
It was a little pricey, about €130. But imo well worth it because you can tell a clear difference in the music

Feb 13, 2021 at 3:53 AM Post #5,062 of 5,353
Name and mo
Unfortunately, no name or model!
It was fully custom made actually!
But it's a Litz Silver plated (6N) with 16 cores.
( From my testing with many many different cables, this one has to best results )
It was a little pricey, about €130. But imo well worth it because you can tell a clear difference in the music
Where can you buy it?

Feb 15, 2021 at 4:41 AM Post #5,064 of 5,353
Um, was I supposed to get 2 sets of bass tips..? w tf
photo_2021-01-27_21-09-38.jpg
This is so much facepalm, ugh.

And then this?! For $349? ....
photo_2021-01-27_21-24-49.jpg

I like how the foams sound most, between bassies, pinkies and foam. There are some nice mids and tastefully, silky smooth trebles that are impressing me far more than the base on this thing. The sound is on the smoother side of energetic, I'd say, which is a surprise. Vocals sound great. Fit is great so far. The tone is like 'smoothed glass', quite interesting... I am definitely expecting more bass definition & weight, and would probably prefer to hear more hard detail/grit and less smoothness in the treble(unless you want a more relaxed sound, of course. I find these rather sleepy lol). BA's are weird, man :\ The bass on this sounds & feels like it's just a mid-bass woofer. Solid punch, though. I haven't heard BGVP before, so did not know what to expect here.

Have you reported a tips error and bad workmanship to the seller / BGVP?
There are many more problems with my copy of DM8, I wrote a message to BGVP and I am waiting for a message, unfortunately they are celebrating the new year and I do not know when exactly they come back to work

Feb 15, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #5,065 of 5,353
Have you reported a tips error and bad workmanship to the seller / BGVP?
There are many more problems with my copy of DM8, I wrote a message to BGVP and I am waiting for a message, unfortunately they are celebrating the new year and I do not know when exactly they come back to work
Yep, I contacted Penon about it, about a week+ ago, and haven't heard back yet.

On a positive note, I re-listened to these extensively over the weekend, and DM8(foam tips) somehow sounds much better. I would say perfect mids and treble. The bass is what sounds a lot better than I first recall(but still rather soft), tied with A7(gold+monitor+teal tips), though the bass quality and strength of these 2 are not impressive at all compared to FD5. DM8 has thicker mids than A7 by a significant amount, and is slightly smoother(totally smooth, zero fatigue), so DM8 sounds better than A7 to me. DM8 has the best vocal and acoustic instrument rendering, at least, I've ever heard in an IEM so far, pretty sure. These are so smooth they'd be my #1 choice for relaxing IEMs, as well. I current Lee rate FD5 above or equal to DM8(depending if you want more realism/aliveness, or smoothness), with A7 a small step below DM8.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #5,066 of 5,353
Yep, I contacted Penon about it, about a week+ ago, and haven't heard back yet.

On a positive note, I re-listened to these extensively over the weekend, and DM8(foam tips) somehow sounds much better. I would say perfect mids and treble. The bass is what sounds a lot better than I first recall(but still rather soft), tied with A7(gold+monitor+teal tips), though the bass quality and strength of these 2 are not impressive at all compared to FD5. DM8 has thicker mids than A7 by a significant amount, and is slightly smoother(totally smooth, zero fatigue), so DM8 sounds better than A7 to me. DM8 has the best vocal and acoustic instrument rendering, at least, I've ever heard in an IEM so far, pretty sure. These are so smooth they'd be my #1 choice for relaxing IEMs, as well. I current Lee rate FD5 above or equal to DM8(depending if you want more realism/aliveness, or smoothness), with A7 a small step below DM8.
In terms of separation, imaging, soundstage, FD5 trumps A7 and DM8?

Feb 15, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #5,067 of 5,353
In terms of separation, imaging, soundstage, FD5 trumps A7 and DM8?
Yeah, pretty safe bet there :) They are my Chosen Won, after all. FD5 sounds like an open-back headphone or an IEM, depending on the content/mixing. They get real open, breathe effortlessly, and the separation of you-name-it is something I've never experienced before. On DM8, A7, many others, bass/vocals/treble sound more like they come from the same zone/speaker, while there is such an excellent division of everything with FD5. DM8 sounds pretty nice, though, but it still sounds like a mere IEM :)

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #5,068 of 5,353
Yeah, pretty safe bet there :) They are my Chosen Won, after all. FD5 sounds like an open-back headphone or an IEM, depending on the content/mixing. They get real open, breathe effortlessly, and the separation of you-name-it is something I've never experienced before. On DM8, A7, many others, bass/vocals/treble sound more like they come from the same zone/speaker, while there is such an excellent division of everything with FD5. DM8 sounds pretty nice, though, but it still sounds like a mere IEM :)

You're talking about the Fiio FD5 right?
I've demo'd it, and to me the FD5 didn't sound all that good. Guess i'll demo it again on my next visit.

Feb 15, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #5,069 of 5,353
You're talking about the Fiio FD5 right?
I've demo'd it, and to me the FD5 didn't sound all that good. Guess i'll demo it again on my next visit.
Yeah. Stock cable+bass tips+wide tube. Depends what sort of music or sound angle you're after, of course. I can say for sure these have by far the best bass and separation I've heard, and the most accurate positional audio in a larger soundstage(games, duh). If you're after total audio perfection, these $299'ers won't quite get you there, with their bits of sibilance, dabs of hot trebles, and imperfect fit. But even so, they amaze me every time I use them, and require a deep force of will to take off. Just 3 more hours, please... :frowning2: I haven't heard IEMs over this price except DM8, so I'm not sure what's out there(like S8/S8F/MEST), but these totally kick ass compared to all the headphones I've heard up to the $500 mark, and sound practically as good as what I remember of LCD-3 and HE-6. I can't say enough good about these things, in a world with so many unimpressive sounding IEMs at this price and below. (Oh, and you really gotta burn them in for like 100 hours, first, too) I've heard a few people say they prefer FH7 over FD5, but I have no interest in trying any of the current FiiO's after having this and FH3. Waiting for a double DD or DD+e-stat. I would say FD5 is best suited for content with lots of texture & space, instrumentals, any kind of lighter/ambient content, gaming/3D, and shows its flaws with bright content and vocals. DM8 solves those specific flaws, but doesn't have The Bass, which is a huge part of the puzzle, IMO. DM8 would be great for podcasts or anything with a lot of talking for a long time. Ultra smooth, no fatigue. Rather intoxicatingly smooth, but I can't help notice their boxed-in and bass-lite sound compared to FD5.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #5,070 of 5,353
Yeah. Stock cable+bass tips+wide tube. Depends what sort of music or sound angle you're after, of course. I can say for sure these have by far the best bass and separation I've heard, and the most accurate positional audio in a larger soundstage(games, duh). If you're after total audio perfection, these $299'ers won't quite get you there, with their bits of sibilance and dabs of hot trebles. But even so, they amaze me every time I use them, and require a deep force of will to take off. Just 3 more hours, please... :frowning2:
Thanks for the info! I'm actually looking for a good DD IEM so maybe i didn't give these enough time, but will try them out for sure again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back