BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
May 21, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #4,081 of 5,353
I have the IT01s and DMS, I prefer the mids on the DMS, voices sound better. IT01s has more extended highs. Bass is more impactful on the DMS. IT01s has a brighter sound signature. I prefer DMS

May 21, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #4,082 of 5,353
I ended up purchasing the two I noted in my post... have no idea if I will like them or regret it, but I will at least be able to share some of my experience!

How did you get on with those cables ?

Since my pair of DM6 have really calmed down I’m after One decent upgrade SPC cable.
The BGVP OCC upgrade cable I bought is ‘nice’ and makes the DM6 analogue sounding with the LG V30 source. I now find myself wanting to inject some sparkle back and possibly add more sense of air.

I don’t believe my DM6 can now ever sound sibilant as it did at the start with whatever cable I pair with it. Something has changed with it in a positive way for me but I now can’t help wanting what I don’t have :p
I swapped back to the supplied SPC cable and found myself enjoying the slightly more sharper sound and remembered our cable talk.

May 22, 2019 at 3:02 AM Post #4,083 of 5,353
Penon came through for me, after nearly a month I have my replacement dm6:wink:

May 23, 2019 at 12:12 AM Post #4,085 of 5,353
Guys someone has owned Ibasso IT01 and would know if the BGVP DMS or DMG is an update.

I listen to music on my smartphone and love the IT01 signature sound.

I also have iT01s and HungryPanda is right...
iT01s is brighter and stage is little bit wider. DMS is warmer and open (maybe thanks to the vents?). DMS has more sub-bass but can be uncontrolled. Vocals on iT01s compared to DMS is drier while DMS is a little more sweeter. But it can use a 2-4k boost for some vocals to liven it up more.
But imho, the real upgrade will be to a DM7. At $300, it is a WELL invested purchase.

May 23, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #4,086 of 5,353
I also have iT01s and HungryPanda is right...
iT01s is brighter and stage is little bit wider. DMS is warmer and open (maybe thanks to the vents?). DMS has more sub-bass but can be uncontrolled. Vocals on iT01s compared to DMS is drier while DMS is a little more sweeter. But it can use a 2-4k boost for some vocals to liven it up more.
But imho, the real upgrade will be to a DM7. At $300, it is a WELL invested purchase.

Do you mean the IT01 or the IT01s (200$)? Because IT01 is nowhere near IT01s level and i sold IT01s the time i bought DM6 :D

May 23, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #4,088 of 5,353
I s
Penon came through for me, after nearly a month I have my replacement dm6:wink:
I send my out of the box broken dm6 to bgvp directly and they say nah is not broke and send them now back to me

Your left ones where broke whit that distortion when i remember i got the same issue

Last edited:
May 23, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #4,089 of 5,353
I s

I send my out of the box broken dm6 to bgvp directly and they say nah is not broke and send them now back to me

Your left ones where broke whit that distortion when i remember i got the same issue
Sorry to hear about yours being returned.
Mine had the left mmcx connector stop working or something like that, so I had no sound from my left iem. Apparently they sent them back to BGVP and they ok’d it and sent me a replacement set.

May 24, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #4,090 of 5,353
My measurements on the new DMS and a chart comparing the three I have compatible measurements for. All using foam, and IEC-711 coupler.

FR.jpg

BGVP Compare.jpg

First impressions:
DMS sounds to me like an improvement over the DMG. I gave my DMG away to a person in need a while back, and so this is just from memory. I feel like it's bass is cleaner, and treble is not as sharp and harsh. Mids are more forward, but still retains a fun v-shape sound. It's got a pretty good sound signature to me, and has decent to wide stage. Not the best resolution, and technicalities, but I think this is a good IEM so far. Can be a tad splashy on some cymbal crashes but not distracting.

While not as resolving as the DM6, I'd take it over the DM6 for my own taste, but I find the DM7 a better IEM due to its better technicalities.

May 26, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #4,091 of 5,353
Hey all,

Does anyone have the OG DM6 cable that they want to sell? Or can you point me to where I can buy one online? Thanks.

May 26, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #4,092 of 5,353
Hey all,

Does anyone have the OG DM6 cable that they want to sell? Or can you point me to where I can buy one online? Thanks.
From bgvp alibstore

May 26, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #4,093 of 5,353
Check out some cabling from Penon, look at the ISN Audio 16-core series. Great sounding and super handling. If those are too thick, they also come in an 8-core. Great product for the money.

May 27, 2019 at 4:08 AM Post #4,095 of 5,353
I was just checking my old stuff to get rid of...came across Koss KSC75(without foam pad)..and holy s##t...i loved the balanced sound signature(or probably forward mids), crystal clear vocals and highs, amazing separation...Suddenly felt like I was missing those vocals on DM6. I think BAs are not so good with vocals, they sound lifeless to my ears(Especially after listening to Koss)
Any recent iems in the market which sound like KSC75 with slightly more bass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back