BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Feb 28, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #2,761 of 5,353
You will like kanas pro. After dm6 they are smooth like butter ( even if they aren't dark or muddy) but after dm6 everything will sound smooth. Dm6 are sibilant and after kanas they are more sibilant. As you heard them so you know what i am talking about. This is their biggest problem. Kanas completely different there, smooth balanced, no sibilance but still good details for dynamic driver. Listened today fiio fa7 fh5 (liked fa7 but not as much as kanas), no sibilance at all , the same like kanas. And put dm6 after them - ouch. Szszs. So don't know what guys are talking about balanced dm6. Not at all, but still like them for their details, really good lows for armature. They are really good for some music.

Sounds like I dodged a personal bullet not buying the dm6. That really doesn't sound like my kind of signature (prefer darker warmer more analogue sound) really.

Feb 28, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #2,762 of 5,353
Sounds like I dodged a personal bullet not buying the dm6. That really doesn't sound like my kind of signature (prefer darker warmer more analogue sound) really.
You might want to try the Final E5000... But give them some juice

Feb 28, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #2,763 of 5,353
You will like kanas pro. After dm6 they are smooth like butter ( even if they aren't dark or muddy) but after dm6 everything will sound smooth. Dm6 are sibilant and after kanas they are more sibilant. As you heard them so you know what i am talking about. This is their biggest problem. Kanas completely different there, smooth balanced, no sibilance but still good details for dynamic driver. Listened today fiio fa7 fh5 (liked fa7 but not as much as kanas), no sibilance at all , the same like kanas. And put dm6 after them - ouch. Szszs. So don't know what guys are talking about balanced dm6. Not at all, but still like them for their details, really good lows for armature. They are really good for some music.
On the DM6 are you using silicone or foam tips, or did you find no difference?

Feb 28, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #2,767 of 5,353
" Problem is that a lot of other IEMs are more forgiving, so listeners don't realize the compromised quality of their recordings."

This is absolutely true. It took me a couple days to realize what was going on. When people say FLAC or better is mandatory for the DM6, this isn't just hype.

Feb 28, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #2,768 of 5,353
I tried both, also Comply. To be honest if properly tuned tips don't make much difference. Saying that using the comply tips I noticed a bit less sibilance and shouty-ness but at the expensive of detail.
I also found that the comply tips kind of killed the details. It is unfortunate that the stock cables and tips don't do justice to the DM6... based on my experience and tastes. I fully understand the frustration and the complain of people awaiting so much from them in their stock version. Actually, it is a bit exagerrated to switch cables and tips in order to make an USD 200.- IEM sounds better :wink: but it is worth it if you have time, energy and a bit of cash to invest. No big transformation in sound, just noticeable ones.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #2,769 of 5,353
I know! I ordered my set about 3 days after BGGARs review and because I love and highly respect Sony EX1000s. It was not because I love BGGAR or even followed him, it was because he kept comparing it favorably to that IEM.

Feb 28, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #2,770 of 5,353
" Problem is that a lot of other IEMs are more forgiving, so listeners don't realize the compromised quality of their recordings."

This is absolutely true. It took me a couple days to realize what was going on. When people say FLAC or better is mandatory for the DM6, this isn't just hype.
But FLAC or MQA or DSD or any other hi-res encoding will only help with the compression artifacts... You can still have poorly mastered music... So FLAC, et al, are only part of the solution.

So much easier to have a low res pair of earphones/headphones :)

Feb 28, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #2,771 of 5,353
True true. But guess what, I can tell the difference about %70 of the time Mp3 vs FLAC on the DM6. I could never do that before. Dynamic drivers are very forgiving to problem recordings.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #2,772 of 5,353

Yes, but.... FLAC or AIFF or anything "Hi-Res" won't give better results it the mastering has not been done properly. 320kps encoder MP3 of nicely mastered music will sound better than poorly mastered FLAC. And then, what kind of music are you listening to? Because the mastering takes a major place with jazz, vocalists, pop/rock, orchestra, ambient, field recordings

Feb 28, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #2,773 of 5,353
True true. But guess what, I can tell the difference about %70 of the time Mp3 vs FLAC on the DM6. I could never do that before. Dynamic drivers are very forgiving to problem recordings.
No... Sorry. It is not the case. You have DD giving hard times to poorly mastered music.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #2,775 of 5,353
I disagree but whatever. Doesn't matter.
You are right, we can agree to disagree. Enjoy your DM6 and your music, that's what counts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back