BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Feb 22, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #2,641 of 5,353
Actually im not pairing it with the DM6. Im getting it for the wife. She loves pink and i know she will be so happy to have a pink cable for her ciems..

Im getting this for the DM6 btw, anyone had tried them??

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cXmsfOdK

I have this cable right now on my DM6s and it easily bests my pure copper cable by a wide margin.

When I got my DM6s I had issues with the grainy treble and bought a pure copper cable as advised here.

My new cable was suggested by a friend and has a very low resistance. He and I thought it would be a good match for the DM6s.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/***...Cable-2-5-3-5-4-4mm-Balanced/32890373178.html

It made the "nasties" in the highs less obvious. Bass and mids improved clearly compared to the stock SPC cable. It also made the highs sound a bit "muted" as a side effect.
As much as I liked the cable, I could still hear the distortion on for example cymbals, only less obvious.
As a result the whole picture became a bit too "dark" sounding for my likings, so I started looking again for a good silver plated copper cable.

After reading some good impressions of this NiceHCK cable I ordered it during the AE winter sales. When I received it my first impression was WOW!!! Crazy wide soundstage as I had never heard before.
Bass was on par with the pure copper cable, but on mids and highs it clearly pulled ahead. Extremely detailed but in the same time utterly natural sounding.
The aforementioned cymbals were now sounding so realistic that it almost felt being physically present in the concert hall.

After this experience I only wanted to listen to my whole collection of music. I played all styles of music from heavy metal to jazz going back from the 50`s to the most recent heavily compressed albums, each of them equally impressive.
Sibilant albums like Kate Bush's "The Red Shoes" were now very enjoyable. They were still sounding bright, but it became clear now that that was because of the way it was recorded.

So after listening for about 250 hours to the DM6's, Out of curiosity I changed last night the cable back to the stock SPC cable. To my surprise there were no piercing highs and everything sounded balanced. It doesn't reach the sound quality of the NiceHCK combo, but what is clear to me, is that the initial sibilance is definitely not caused by the stock cable.
So people, be patient with the DM6's. They keep on improving considerably, well beyond 100 listening hours.

The DM6's have achieved something incredible in my 30 years experience as an (audiophile) music lover. It has made 99.9% of my albums enjoyable to such an extent that i thought would never be possible.

Big kudos to HBB for convincing me to buy them!

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #2,642 of 5,353
I have this cable right now on my DM6s and it easily bests my pure copper cable by a wide margin.

When I got my DM6s I had issues with the grainy treble and bought a pure copper cable as advised here.

My new cable was suggested by a friend and has a very low resistance. He and I thought it would be a good match for the DM6s.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/***...Cable-2-5-3-5-4-4mm-Balanced/32890373178.html

It made the "nasties" in the highs less obvious. Bass and mids improved clearly compared to the stock SPC cable. It also made the highs sound a bit "muted" as a side effect.
As much as I liked the cable, I could still hear the distortion on for example cymbals, only less obvious.
As a result the whole picture became a bit too "dark" sounding for my likings, so I started looking again for a good silver plated copper cable.

After reading some good impressions of this NiceHCK cable I ordered it during the AE winter sales. When I received it my first impression was WOW!!! Crazy wide soundstage as I had never heard before.
Bass was on par with the pure copper cable, but on mids and highs it clearly pulled ahead. Extremely detailed but in the same time utterly natural sounding.
The aforementioned cymbals were now sounding so realistic that it almost felt being physically present in the concert hall.

After this experience I only wanted to listen to my whole collection of music. I played all styles of music from heavy metal to jazz going back from the 50`s to the most recent heavily compressed albums, each of them equally impressive.
Sibilant albums like Kate Bush's "The Red Shoes" were now very enjoyable. They were still sounding bright, but it became clear now that that was because of the way it was recorded.

So after listening for about 250 hours to the DM6's, Out of curiosity I changed last night the cable back to the stock SPC cable. To my surprise there were no piercing highs and everything sounded balanced. It doesn't reach the sound quality of the NiceHCK combo, but what is clear to me, is that the initial sibilance is definitely not caused by the stock cable.
So people, be patient with the DM6's. They keep on improving considerably, well beyond 100 listening hours.

The DM6's have achieved something incredible in my 30 years experience as an (audiophile) music lover. It has made 99.9% of my albums enjoyable to such an extent that i thought would never be possible.

I will be short as my experience the same. After some time i changed to original cable and it wasn't sibilant. First time i have tried it and with dm6 i couldn't listen with it. But now i don't hear such piercing highs. It was so unexpected. So dm6 really changes. It still more showing sibilance than my kanas pro but somehow i don't hear the ear piercing treble as at the begining. Dm 6 now surely one of the best iems i heard off.

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #2,643 of 5,353
I just had an opportunity to try some Seinheiser HD650 open back headphones and directly compared them to the DM6. Yeah.. the DM6 pretty much destroys them in every department, bass, mids, treble, soundstage, microdetail. WOW!

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #2,644 of 5,353
got my pair of dm6 from Linsoul few weeks ago in clear red (only colour available at the time). Find it weird that there's no ''hi-res audio'' sticker on the box, anyone have any idea why?
A77Ro2u
https://imgur.com/a/A77Ro2u

The Hi-Res sticker thing was discussed earlier in this thread somewhere. I can't remember exactly what was said, but I remember it ended up being something silly and no big deal whether or not the boxes had the sticker. I know my box doesn't have the sticker, and yet it sounds magical.

Correct. If I recall correctly, the Hi-Res sticker was something that got added to the box around late December, which threw this thread into a frenzy because some worried that, due to the treble peaks some users are experiencing, BGVP had started a DM6 2.0 with a different tuning, but someone reached out and the company confirmed this was not the case. My best guess is you just happened to get an old box that didn't have the sticker or someone forgot to slap one on before it got wrapped in plastic.

Feb 22, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #2,645 of 5,353
Going back to the dm6 , more and more reviewers and youtubers receiving dm6 so more reviews are coming. If someone haven't seen this.:
Sound signature is preferance of course. So this guy ideal is tin3. For me dm6 is a big step from tin 2. Dont know about tin3. But tin 2 i have. And dm6 is way way better. In every directions. Tin 2 is good or better for the price for sure, but dm6 isn't comparable.

Man, that was tough to watch. I keep giving that dude the benefit of the doubt to see if his reviews improve, but they always just feel like fluff pieces. Plus, as others have said, he doesn't seem all that competent. Don't get me wrong, I'm not either, but I don't pretend like I know anything. I'm mostly here to learn. :sweat_smile:

Feb 22, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #2,646 of 5,353
The Hi-Res sticker thing was discussed earlier in this thread somewhere. I can't remember exactly what was said, but I remember it ended up being something silly and no big deal whether or not the boxes had the sticker. I know my box doesn't have the sticker, and yet it sounds magical.

Yes, it was somehow fraudulently advertised that the HR stickers where proof of a new DM6 model called the V2. These could be purchased first in Thailand the poster reported. BGVP was contacted as it caused quite the intensity with members thinking they would not receive the famous “tune” this hysteria was created with. This was also at a time before many of the orders were shipped. Lucky the sticker means nothing at all. Cheers!

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #2,647 of 5,353
Can anyone recommend Xlarge silicone tips ?
I tried all the silicone tips that came with them+ kz star tips +akg earphones tips.
The akg tips fit me fine with my KZ AS10 but not with the DM6

I'm on the mission for large to XL tips also. Don't have the DM6 yet, it's in the mail, but I have been top rolling quite a bit with my DMG and other iems.

The large Symbio W Peeled were the first tip I thought fit. Largely, I think this true because even though the tip is a large, it's silicone is a little stiffer so it seals a bit better than normal large tips. I think this is why people think they are a size up, but actually is the stiffness of the silicone that gives a "larger" impression and hence the feedback on that they feel great at first but are fatiguing.

New Bees large tips are very similar in size and shape to Symbio W Peeled but with softer silicone and they do feel more comfortable but with a bit less seal. These are ok for bullet type IEMs but I need larger ones for universal ciems.

On a whim, I ordered JVC Spiral Dot L having owned the ML size and they are larger than Symbio W Peeled and softer. The sound bore is huge though so for hot iems, they are unforgiving. I like everything about them though. I wish they sold an exact second version with a slightly smaller sound bore. They seal great.

Moving on, I ordered the Sony EP-EX11 Size LL tips and they are great also with a smaller sound bore than the JVC Spiral Dots. They tame the highs a tad, seal well and are comfortable.

Both the JVC and Sony seal better with more comfort than the Symbio W.

I also ordered the Sony MH755 and the large top included is somewhere between the JVC/EP-EX11-LL and Symbio W in size with better comfort than the Symbio W and a smaller sound bore than all tips mentioned. More attenuation of the highs than the EP-EX11 tips.

I'm still looking for the perfect tip and didn't know I had such big ear canals but the seal is critical!

On another note, I'm not sure I shove the tips in as deep as others, but the tips mentioned provide a great seal. Perhaps if I shoved the iems in deeper, I might get away with smaller tips, who knows. This is my latest curiosity but with the larger tips, the sound is better, they are comfortable and I feel the entire experience is better. I'm also not sure how deep is safe to push an iem into ones ear.

Feb 22, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #2,649 of 5,353
Last edited:
Feb 22, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #2,651 of 5,353

Awesome! Im sold. Thanks for the feedback!

Feb 22, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #2,652 of 5,353
Is this the better sony cable for the dm6?? Any idea if you can try this out as well on stereo??

They don’t have them in store. It’s just OFC Kimber. So I’m giving it a try. I also have a Sony silver plated copper and like it the best with the DM6, so this is a logical path. Also the other Kimber I use for the Z1R and Z7 has a great personality; hope to find it here too? I’ll report back.

Never read if anyone using one with the DM6?

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2019 at 10:03 PM Post #2,653 of 5,353
Yeah those are some sick pictures!! IDK what camera that is but it's helped me see the inside of the DM6 like never before and I can say mines look identical...I almost thought that I saw a difference but it was my eyes... Meaning that camera is sharper than my eyesight...lol..

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #2,655 of 5,353
I'm on the mission for large to XL tips also. Don't have the DM6 yet, it's in the mail, but I have been top rolling quite a bit with my DMG and other iems.

The large Symbio W Peeled were the first tip I thought fit. Largely, I think this true because even though the tip is a large, it's silicone is a little stiffer so it seals a bit better than normal large tips. I think this is why people think they are a size up, but actually is the stiffness of the silicone that gives a "larger" impression and hence the feedback on that they feel great at first but are fatiguing.

New Bees large tips are very similar in size and shape to Symbio W Peeled but with softer silicone and they do feel more comfortable but with a bit less seal. These are ok for bullet type IEMs but I need larger ones for universal ciems.

On a whim, I ordered JVC Spiral Dot L having owned the ML size and they are larger than Symbio W Peeled and softer. The sound bore is huge though so for hot iems, they are unforgiving. I like everything about them though. I wish they sold an exact second version with a slightly smaller sound bore. They seal great.

Moving on, I ordered the Sony EP-EX11 Size LL tips and they are great also with a smaller sound bore than the JVC Spiral Dots. They tame the highs a tad, seal well and are comfortable.

Both the JVC and Sony seal better with more comfort than the Symbio W.

I also ordered the Sony MH755 and the large top included is somewhere between the JVC/EP-EX11-LL and Symbio W in size with better comfort than the Symbio W and a smaller sound bore than all tips mentioned. More attenuation of the highs than the EP-EX11 tips.

I'm still looking for the perfect tip and didn't know I had such big ear canals but the seal is critical!

On another note, I'm not sure I shove the tips in as deep as others, but the tips mentioned provide a great seal. Perhaps if I shoved the iems in deeper, I might get away with smaller tips, who knows. This is my latest curiosity but with the larger tips, the sound is better, they are comfortable and I feel the entire experience is better. I'm also not sure how deep is safe to push an iem into ones ear.
I would wait on the DM6 to arrive before you go around buying tips because I also have big ear canals and i made the mistake of buying large tips from various brands including JVC, Spinfit, Comply and ended up using the stock medium tips from the DM6 because of the deep insertion.. Just giving my opinion and advice from a guy who already committed the mistake...lol... Unless you have many other IEM's then shop away!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back