BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Feb 20, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #2,596 of 5,353
That is exactly the conclusion I came to. The Kanas Pro is good for 'studio' type sound. Relaxed and detailed. The DM6 is a more fun sound while being extraordinary detailed and resolving. Both respond extremely well to DSP/EQ. I REALLY enjoy both IEMs! They are both worth their price. I would say at this level of audio, you cannot go wrong.

You can get either IEMs to sound very similar with eq if anyone cares.

Feb 20, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #2,598 of 5,353
This is one of the most horrible reviews that I have ever seen, it is almost funny. Congested sound? Too bassy? that is everything the DM6's are not.
Maybe he got a pair like mine, which are a little congested in the mids and a bit bass heavy (floody bass). I’ve changed the filter in the bass tube and it sounds better to my ears now. More on that later....

Feb 20, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #2,599 of 5,353
Maybe he got a pair like mine, which are a little congested in the mids and a bit bass heavy (floody bass). I’ve changed the filter in the bass tube and it sounds better to my ears now. More on that later....

Look forward to more info on your experiments.
Maybe you can do photo guide for anyone else daring enough to want play with filters.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #2,600 of 5,353
I hate that guys reviews. I disagree with everything he does pretty much. The DM6 is in another class from the Tin 2.

I only mentioned the Moondrop Kanas Pro in this thread because A) BGGAR has it in his top 3 IEMs. B) I own both, and C) I can directly compare the 2 sound signatures and it gives me a better idea of where BGGAR is coming from.

But I get the point, onwards with DM6 worship!

This is one of the most horrible reviews that I have ever seen, it is almost funny. Congested sound? Too bassy? that is everything the DM6's are not.

I got trolled by that angry guy in Europe but let it go cuz....opinions.

This guy actually was a Patreon of mine.
We are both youtubers, same size roughly and he was a Patreon? Of a rival channel? It never came up or crossed his mind to touch the subject. I figured it out by chance. His opinion of the set is not my concern but he is a very sketchy dude. He said he wanted to support a fellow youtuber....well 10% goes to animal charities so he shoulda stuck his shady shadow azz around. Clavinet is opinionated, that is his right. Super reviews is shady. Straight up. If he got the DM6 early he woulda hyped it like T3 with that huge 8Khz peak. It's cool to slam the DM6 so he went that way. Congested.........

GTFOH

Feb 21, 2019 at 12:50 AM Post #2,601 of 5,353
Just wait! after 150+ hours of burn in My Kanas Pro's changed a LOT - The bass now is sublime, deep, rich and yet still so sympathetic to the mids and highs. After 200+ hours of burn in I found an amazing 3D holographic sound signature - really opened up.
The more use the KP's get the more they give you - and weirdly, they keep changing, improving, adding more 'to the mix'
A truly special IEM :)
My KP are in route, lots of patience.

Feb 21, 2019 at 1:08 AM Post #2,602 of 5,353
Hi.. i know this was asked many times but what eartips are u guys using?
I am using the stock dark gray, large that came with the dm6. Out of dozens I have tried from other brand sources, I keep coming back to the dark gray. It's the cleanest sounding and best bass.
Tony

Feb 21, 2019 at 1:31 AM Post #2,604 of 5,353
I look forward to your impressions of the GBVP DM6 with the Hiby R6 Pro, especially the balanced output! :L3000:

The new Hiby R6 Pro is excellent. Both the balanced n unbalanced jacks function exactly the same only the balanced is amplified with more power but I don't hear different coloration.
I find myself switching from the default tonality to the reference back n forth. The default setting has a tad more mid bass while the reference, less mid bass. The tube sound or warm sound settings I don't care for. It loses the high end sound.
The UI is great and simple to navigate.
The dm6 absolutely sounds great with the Hiby R6 pro in the unbalanced 3.5mm jack with the high gain. Super powerful.
I have never heard "Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin sound sound freaking good.
I can hear every strike of the drum with authority like never before.
"Dreamer" by Hiromi sounds fantastic. There is a bass strike on what sounds like a big drum ( not kick drum) that hits so hard it takes you by surprise. The louder I go the stronger the impact. Guitars, violins, pianos, etc simply sound amazingly clean and with pure dominance.
"Herman's Habit" by the original sound track of La La Land is jaw dropping with it's sub bass line and trumpets. And my absolute favorite " A whiter shade of pale" by Annie Lennox, the bells and schimes are unbelievable!!
The Hiby R6 pro is a freaking brick, it's heavy. Much more havier than my Fiio X7mk2. Both daps sound awesome to my ears. My Sony Walkman ZX2 sounds the least best since it's to passive sounding, in other words, it's like an analog sound which has dips in the 2-4khz which is not due to the dm6 , it's the Sony's house signature. Nothing is boosted with Sony.
Anyhow, a great combo. You ask me to report.....I did sir. I used NO Eq.
IMG_20190215_125043.jpg

Tony

Feb 21, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #2,605 of 5,353
The new Hiby R6 Pro is excellent. Both the balanced n unbalanced jacks function exactly the same only the balanced is amplified with more power but I don't hear different coloration.
I find myself switching from the default tonality to the reference back n forth. The default setting has a tad more mid bass while the reference, less mid bass. The tube sound or warm sound settings I don't care for. It loses the high end sound.
The dm6 absolutely sounds great with the Hiby R6 pro in the unbalanced 3.5mm jack with the high gain. Super powerful.
"Dreamer" by Hiromi sounds fantastic. There is a bass strike on what sounds like a big drum ( not kick drum) that hits so hard it takes you by surprise. The louder I go the stronger the impact. Guitars, violins, pianos, etc simply sound amazingly clean and with pure dominance.
"Herman's Habit" by the original sound track of La La Land is jaw dropping with it's sub bass line and trumpets. And my absolute favorite " A whiter shade of pale" by Annie Lennox, the bells and schimes are unbelievable!!
The Hiby R6 pro is a freaking brick, it's heavy. Much more havier than my Fiio X7mk2. Both daps sound awesome to my ears. My Sony Walkman ZX2 sounds the least best since it's to passive sounding, in other words, it's like an analog sound which has dips in the 2-4khz which is not due to the dm6 , it's the Sony's house signature. Nothing is boosted with Sony.
Anyhow, a great combo. You ask me to report....
IMG_20190215_125043.jpg
I used NO Eq.

Feb 21, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #2,606 of 5,353
I am using the stock dark gray, large that came with the dm6. Out of dozens I have tried from other brand sources, I keep coming back to the dark gray. It's the cleanest sounding and best bass.
Tony

Actually im using the stock medium ones.. so far with all my tips here, that was my go to..

Anyhow, a great combo. You ask me to report.... I used NO Eq.

What are those pink cables??! Can you link me to them? :grin:

Feb 21, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #2,607 of 5,353
Actually im using the stock medium ones.. so far with all my tips here, that was my go to..

What are those pink cables??! Can you link me to them? :grin:
I bought them on Amazon they are very soft and cheap and works great. Snaps right in with a great sounding click.
Headphone Extension Cable **** Upgraded 6 Core Copper Stereo Audio Cable with 3.5mm Plug MMCX Interface Replacement Cable for Shure SE215 SE315 SE846 SE535 SE425 LZ a4 a5 UE900 (Copper-MM3.5) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DWCXJ9L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ECRBCbZC1XR5J

Feb 21, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #2,609 of 5,353
I bought them on Amazon they are very soft and cheap and works great. Snaps right in with a great sounding click.
Headphone Extension Cable **** Upgraded 6 Core Copper Stereo Audio Cable with 3.5mm Plug MMCX Interface Replacement Cable for Shure SE215 SE315 SE846 SE535 SE425 LZ a4 a5 UE900 (Copper-MM3.5) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DWCXJ9L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ECRBCbZC1XR5J

oh i have that same exact cable, it is a very good one for the price

Is that cable same as this??

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/by9twn3K

Feb 21, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #2,610 of 5,353

Users who are viewing this thread

Back