BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Feb 20, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #2,581 of 5,353
I got the Moondrop Kanas Pro just now, to compliment the DM6. And MAN do they have different sound signatures. Both are my thing. The Kanas Pro is laid back, delicate, can go high and low, not piercing. The KPE fits my right ear better than the DM6.. stupid ear canal. I am using foam tips. My immediate impression is the sound is far more flat than the DM6. So of course I am gonna use some DSP, add a little sub bass and such. I can turn the KPEs up about 2x in volume compared to the DM6 because the sound sig is so flat. The DM6 pretty much destroys the KPE in sub bass. I dunno why BGGAR though the opposite.
Nice to hear that already received kanas pro. Try to burn it, as even manufacturer recommends to burn it for about 100 h. My impressions are mainly the same. The signatures are totally different but both are very very good. So when received both i am in love with both of them. DM6 is clearly more sibilant than kanas pro. And sub bass for me is more than dm6. All kanas signature based on this subbas, but as you said Kanas pro is delicate in all tuning not so shouty as dm6, so this subbass is felt when it should be felt. But when music need it, it shows all the rumbling power. For me DM6 is more focused on mid bass but has also very good subbass (armature like) and lower registers sounds a little bit different. Kanas pro sub bass is more separated from the rest. In dm6 all this bass line heard (sub mddle and higher) as a whole so as a whole lower registers is more pronounced in dm6. After all i am happy with both of them as they are really different but both very good sounding.

Feb 20, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #2,582 of 5,353
Tried different sized tips I don't think its the size of the canal, its the angle?! But yeah, my fix is to change the balance slightly, about 1.5db to the right. (actually I drop the left 1.5db). I have all manner of normal silicon tips, with different bore sizes. I'm thinking I need either a skinny foam tip or maybe a spinfit for that ear. My left ear is happy with anything basically.

My OCD doesn't like changing the L/R balance. lol.. Wish I could get my right ear fit better. Also, other IEMs have had this issue for me before but since they cost little, I didn't care to figure it out.
I have the very same problem, and no tip selection helps me - I don’t think my issue is different sized canals (though probably the case) but more a different kink in the canal obscures some of the sound. I will have to try the balance trick.

Interestingly (at least to me) I notice this much more with IEMs than with over ear cans...

Feb 20, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #2,583 of 5,353
I have the very same problem, and no tip selection helps me - I don’t think my issue is different sized canals (though probably the case) but more a different kink in the canal obscures some of the sound. I will have to try the balance trick.

Interestingly (at least to me) I notice this much more with IEMs than with over ear cans...

Absolutely %100 correct. There is a knot or kink in my ear canal which IEMs somehow interfer with whereas open can earphones don't have any problems. Going by this, I decided to try a very shallow fit in both ears but with foam tips so the seal is good. Hilariously, that helps quite a bit. I just think the sound quality drops a little when you have the IEM so shallow.

It makes me wish there was some kind of tip that could go passed that kink in my ear canal. Like an Etymotic type fit.

Feb 20, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #2,584 of 5,353
I got the Moondrop Kanas Pro just now, to compliment the DM6. And MAN do they have different sound signatures. Both are my thing. The Kanas Pro is laid back, delicate, can go high and low, not piercing. The KPE fits my right ear better than the DM6.. stupid ear canal. I am using foam tips. My immediate impression is the sound is far more flat than the DM6. So of course I am gonna use some DSP, add a little sub bass and such. I can turn the KPEs up about 2x in volume compared to the DM6 because the sound sig is so flat. The DM6 pretty much destroys the KPE in sub bass. I dunno why BGGAR though the opposite.

Just wait! after 150+ hours of burn in My Kanas Pro's changed a LOT - The bass now is sublime, deep, rich and yet still so sympathetic to the mids and highs. After 200+ hours of burn in I found an amazing 3D holographic sound signature - really opened up.
The more use the KP's get the more they give you - and weirdly, they keep changing, improving, adding more 'to the mix'
A truly special IEM :)

Feb 20, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #2,586 of 5,353
Guys, I really mean no disrespect, but this thread is for the DMG and DM6, we are losing focus.
Going back to the dm6 , more and more reviewers and youtubers receiving dm6 so more reviews are coming. If someone haven't seen this.:
Sound signature is preferance of course. So this guy ideal is tin3. For me dm6 is a big step from tin 2. Dont know about tin3. But tin 2 i have. And dm6 is way way better. In every directions. Tin 2 is good or better for the price for sure, but dm6 isn't comparable.

Feb 20, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #2,587 of 5,353

EXCELLENT test track on the DM6s. it has... everything?

• piano
  • femme vocals
  • saxophone
  • flute
  • strings (guessing violin)
  • some string instrument being plucked; maybe low end of a harp?
  • some spooky synth stuff briefly
  • INCREDIBLE microdetails and imaging; i can't stress enough how much stuff is floating around in this track that you might miss entirely
  • bass guitar?
  • light horns
  • some drums (not familiar with different drums)
it doesn't really push the sub-bass, but that's about all it's missing. it's also on tidal!

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #2,588 of 5,353
I hate that guys reviews. I disagree with everything he does pretty much. The DM6 is in another class from the Tin 2.

I only mentioned the Moondrop Kanas Pro in this thread because A) BGGAR has it in his top 3 IEMs. B) I own both, and C) I can directly compare the 2 sound signatures and it gives me a better idea of where BGGAR is coming from.

But I get the point, onwards with DM6 worship!

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #2,589 of 5,353
Completely agree, usually we that have kanas and dm6 mention kanas in realation to dm6. And bgvp dm 6 and kanas are like opposite twins that talking about one is better describe when keeping in mind second. They both have their own threads in this forum but don't see much problem mentioning kanas there. And this guy reviews arent very objective for sure. He. concentrates to low tier iems mainly as dm6 is his biggest buy. That says something.

Feb 20, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #2,590 of 5,353
Going back to the dm6 , more and more reviewers and youtubers receiving dm6 so more reviews are coming. If someone haven't seen this.:
Sound signature is preferance of course. So this guy ideal is tin3. For me dm6 is a big step from tin 2. Dont know about tin3. But tin 2 i have. And dm6 is way way better. In every directions. Tin 2 is good or better for the price for sure, but dm6 isn't comparable.

This is one of the most horrible reviews that I have ever seen, it is almost funny. Congested sound? Too bassy? that is everything the DM6's are not.

Feb 20, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #2,591 of 5,353
This is one of the most horrible reviews that I have ever seen, it is almost funny. Congested sound? Too bassy? that is everything the DM6's are not.
Completely incompetent guy. Few things i agree but mainly all other things in opposite what he said. I am not surprised as he used default cable, his cheap sony player and is used to cheap iems signatures. But thank him for honestly to say that it's not his signature. We all free to have our opinion but with dm6 you have to be careful as we all know how it could sound when bad decisions are made. This guy doesnt care to tweak anything. Jus plugged to his cheap sony and that all. A little bit funny

Feb 20, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #2,594 of 5,353
congested?! How can anyone call the DM6 congested? I don't think i've heard a single review say that.
My pair was congested before I burned it in for a 150 hours.
It sounded like the drivers had snot stuck in them, and couldn't blow their nose.
Straight out of the box, it sounded worse than 5 dollar airplane iems.
That changed eventually, so I can see if someone who doesn't burn them in, switch cables, and play around with tips etc etc that can have that opinion.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #2,595 of 5,353
Guys, I really mean no disrespect, but this thread is for the DMG and DM6, we are losing focus.

Respectfully, I really appreciate the DM6 vs Kanas Pro comparisons and impressions. I'm also reading the other thread and sometimes in threads, I interpret bias for that particular product so I'm happy to read the impressions of people more familiar with the DM6 about the Kanas Pro. I feel from everything I'm reading that these 2 new iems are leading the charge in the $150-200 range!

What's most impressive in all I've read is that they both seem to be outstanding performers in their own right and different enough that owning both might be justified which sucks for my wallet.

I don't know from what I've read if I would prefer one more than the other. DM6 is coming in March, unfortunately, I skipped on the Kanas Pro drop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back