BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Mar 23, 2019 at 1:59 AM Post #3,076 of 5,353
Anyone find dm6 a little bit dark? Sometimes i felt the sound is a little bit dull.

Mar 23, 2019 at 2:14 AM Post #3,077 of 5,353
For folks who wanted to use spin fit tips, CP145 works well, but I also like Final Audio E type.

See pics,

CP145

Final audio E type.
Agree they both work, but to my ears the spinfit make the sound a little bit sibilant.

Another really good option would be de-cored Symbio tips - that is what my DM6 pair is sporting.

Mar 23, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #3,078 of 5,353
Anyone find dm6 a little bit dark? Sometimes i felt the sound is a little bit dull.
What is your source and its output impedance? I don’t find these dark at all. If you have a high output impedance that would make a big difference, though.

Mar 23, 2019 at 2:16 AM Post #3,079 of 5,353
What is your source and its output impedance? I don’t find these dark at all? If you have a high output impedance that would make a big difference, though.
ZX300 -> DM6 with Kimber Kable 4.4

Mar 23, 2019 at 2:32 AM Post #3,080 of 5,353
The DM6 seem to be more sensitive than many IEMs to things like types of tips, tip opening sizes, seal, and tip insertion depth. They are also probably pretty revealing of poor tracks.

If you are looking for a more forgiving IEM, look elsewhere. But if you have access to decently mastered tracks, the patience to tip roll, and the time to physically or mentally burn these in, you may find yourself like many on this thread, ultimately very happy.

Poor track or DAP/DAC type, the difference DAP/DAC may lead to different experiences, so finding an appropriate combo DAC/DAP/IEM is important.

Mar 23, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #3,081 of 5,353
Poor track or DAP/DAC type, the difference DAP/DAC may lead to different experiences, so finding an appropriate combo DAC/DAP/IEM is important.
Yes, upstream hardware makes a difference as well - simple example is stay away from high output impedance sources, but I am sure there are other examples!

Mar 23, 2019 at 6:05 AM Post #3,082 of 5,353
I can get them in germany over massdrop 165 dollars are 145 euros sounds much cheaper

I get them now i want eat them like candy
i got my dm6 from penon... the customs in leipzig didnt believe the "low value" tag. had to show them the invoice per email. taxes was around 50 euro . but its worth it...
i orderd a fearless acme aswell.. i hope they get trough the customs without charges... :D i read there is a 50/50 chance if it passes trough or u have to pay....

Mar 23, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #3,083 of 5,353
Mar 23, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #3,084 of 5,353
ZX300 -> DM6 with Kimber Kable 4.4

Sony's house signature is that of an analog darker signature with a dip in the 2-4khz region and thous sound darker.
I have the Sony Walkman ZX2 and while I loved the darker analog Sony signature, I quickly out grew it once I listened to the Fiio X7mk2 and my Hiby R6 pro which make the dm6 shine along with all my other headphones which are roughly 25 headphones.
I now barely use my Sony ZX2.
The dm6 sounds like you describe them on my Sony. My sony was 1,200 dollars when I made the purchase 3 years ago.
You may want to pair the Sony to a portable amp like the Fiio E12 or A5 like I have done and it will give the dm6 Even more punch.
Don't be fooled by low impedance on the dm6, they love power even those they are easily driven.
I have the Cayin c5, the Fiio E12 and the Fiio A5 amp and everything simply sound way better paired with my daps no matter what which headphones or IEMs I connect to, everything shines to their full potential.
The dm6 are champions.

Mar 23, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #3,085 of 5,353
Sony's house signature is that of an analog darker signature with a dip in the 2-4khz region and thous sound darker.
I have the Sony Walkman ZX2 and while I loved the darker analog Sony signature, I quickly out grew it once I listened to the Fiio X7mk2 and my Hiby R6 pro which make the dm6 shine along with all my other headphones which are roughly 25 headphones.
I now barely use my Sony ZX2.
The dm6 sounds like you describe them on my Sony. My sony was 1,200 dollars when I made the purchase 3 years ago.
You may want to pair the Sony to a portable amp like the Fiio E12 or A5 like I have done and it will give the dm6 Even more punch.
Don't be fooled by low impedance on the dm6, they love power even those they are easily driven.
I have the Cayin c5, the Fiio E12 and the Fiio A5 amp and everything simply sound way better paired with my daps no matter what which headphones or IEMs I connect to, everything shines to their full potential.
The dm6 are champions.

I'll try other DAP tho because ZX300 is my only player :D I sold everything DAC/Amp and all i got now is that setup, ZX300 + DM6 Kimber, details still good but times i felt kinda dull. Might try Sabre DAP later. Ty :D

Mar 23, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #3,086 of 5,353
Mar 23, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #3,087 of 5,353

That is it’s sound signature, dark and sort of dull, very recessed mids, and is not a forward sounding iem. Generally speaking, it is not the most “fun” iem to listen to. That being said, it’s resolution and detail retrieval is pretty insane.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #3,088 of 5,353
That is it’s sound signature, dark and sort of dull, very recessed mids, and is not a forward sounding iem. Generally speaking, it is not the most “fun” iem to listen to. That being said, it’s resolution and detail retrieval is pretty insane.

Dark, dull, and detailed...sounds like my old Westones.

Mar 23, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #3,089 of 5,353
What now some say its dark and dull others say its bright whit too much treble some say its for fun others its detail and cold

Are we talkin about the same iem or are there differnces like a suprice you dont now what you get

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #3,090 of 5,353

Say what?! dark and dull with recessed mids?! That is exactly the opposite I would call the DM6. Something is wrong entirely.

On my pair the mids are higher than say the KPE, flat as a board. Treble is airy and detailed. Sub bass is just right and mid bass has some punch.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back