Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Feb 18, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #1,966 of 3,971
You are, of course, correct, Voltron. I've misunderstood NDAs and obligations of confidentiality this whole time! Apple tell me EVERYTHING!!!

neptius, the amount of stuff you do not know greatly exceeds that which you do know. You know?

Feb 18, 2010 at 3:18 AM Post #1,967 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by neptius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can have excellent pleasure or experience with actual T1 and you not need wait several mounts, you can have fun now.

Really? The Canadian distributor can't get them until March. And you have to commit with a deposit to be on a waiting list. Not my idea of fun..

Feb 18, 2010 at 8:18 AM Post #1,968 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally I think the semi-open current T1 does give the HD800 a run for its money on sound stage...but it does come in second, but not by a large margin by any means!
beyersmile.png

That's very reassuring to hear actually. I actually really like semi-open designs because they tend to present their soundstage a "couple of rows closer" so to speak and still are able to get ambient sounds out there like they need to. But, a really "big" sound both in terms of overall soundstage depth and amazing dynamics is at the very top of my list of priorities..... right up there with a mellow non-fatiguing sound. I'm kind of a "want it all" person ever since I found out with my desktop stereo setup that you can actually achieve this without spending a fortune.
smily_headphones1.gif
The T1 sounds like it hits every checkbox on my list quite frankly so I'm done thinking about it at this point. The K701 was just not the right headphone for me, so I intend to get it right this time.

All that is left for me now: the long painful period of saving money for a pair of these.

Feb 18, 2010 at 9:03 AM Post #1,969 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xcalibur255 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps a fully open T1 would be able to give the HD800 a run for its money in the soundstage department. Though we'll be waiting a full year to find out. I've personally come to believe that depth is better than width when it comes to soundstage, and the T1 seems to be competent in this regard. Still, I can't help but wonder what pangs of regret one might feel for not waiting for the fully open version.

Owners have generally found the sounstage of the T1 good despite it being semi-open right? Better than the HD650 and on par with the K701 in width if i remember the comments correctly.

Actualy I find DT880 (semi-open) soundstage to be wider than that of DT990 (open)
I am nuts ?

Still waiting for local dealer to get some T1's from germany to take a listen, they told me in middle of march they will have them, so i will can take a listen.

Feb 18, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #1,970 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xcalibur255 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's very reassuring to hear actually. I actually really like semi-open designs because they tend to present their soundstage a "couple of rows closer" so to speak and still are able to get ambient sounds out there like they need to. But, a really "big" sound both in terms of overall soundstage depth and amazing dynamics is at the very top of my list of priorities..... right up there with a mellow non-fatiguing sound. I'm kind of a "want it all" person ever since I found out with my desktop stereo setup that you can actually achieve this without spending a fortune.
smily_headphones1.gif
The T1 sounds like it hits every checkbox on my list quite frankly so I'm done thinking about it at this point. The K701 was just not the right headphone for me, so I intend to get it right this time.

All that is left for me now: the long painful period of saving money for a pair of these.

Excellent decision...once you have these you will never look back....
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2010 at 3:53 PM Post #1,971 of 3,971
Beagle – The problem is elsewhere. When company employ for example 100 new people, because actually has excellent number of offers, you need in first hand educate new employers, prepare for concrete projects and then they can do their work. But in case when the number of offers go to standard numbers, then there is the risk that some of them need be disemployed. During the crisis it is very difficult to do these decisions, because the risk aspect is higher. So naturally you need have real expectations. I expect that after half year from the date of market release, the R&D center will be interested on working on other projects in this area, so when they prepare it, then they need built first prototypes, then they can present the release of other models, and then they need craft and administrate things for pre-orders, to be prepared for offers when “hot-market” start. So naturally, as audiophile enthusiast you are happy when you can have it in hands, but the things in practice are much more complicated and need time. So today we are in T1, and next steps are things for future, shorter or longer, NOT actual now. It is same that Sennheiser will release HD 850, in way as HD 650 are for HD 600, but when they will be is question for future, not actual one etc.

Feb 18, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #1,972 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by neptius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skylab[/URL] – your strategy is actually optimal. When you like T1, you can listen them to the moment when open or closed will release. If it happens, you can do decisions and you know right information what you obtain, you know sound characteristics of actual T1. Naturally, there will be some differenes, it is rational, but not „dramatical“.

I think, the list of head-fi friends who know or like you, your comments, they will be very interested to have skylab’s souvenir, loved model, so here is good exclusiveness ...
smily_headphones1.gif
I own T1 but I forget to pay them, I obtained my free of payment directly from producers company …
smily_headphones1.gif
So I have no chance for exclusiveness as you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nah - I doubt anyone is going to care much about my T1's having been mine - that was funny, though
smily_headphones1.gif

Are you saying here that Beyer gave you T1's for free???? Wow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally I think the semi-open current T1 does give the HD800 a run for its money on sound stage...but it does come in second, but not by a large margin by any means!
beyersmile.png

I totally agree - the T1 is 95% of the HD800 in soundstaging.

Feb 18, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #1,974 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarKu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't wait !

Has that ever been uttered before?
ph34r.gif

Feb 18, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #1,975 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarKu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Local dealer told me that I will have them in the middle/end of march. Can't wait !

Lucky you! Mine won't appear till towards end of April....but I did order via Beyer though.

Feb 18, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #1,976 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyOne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lucky you! Mine won't appear till towards end of April....but I did order via Beyer though.

if you ordered yours from beyer when will mine be in from the authorized dealer i ordered them from!! lol its okay i spent all my t1 money because i had no full size to listen to while waiting. im just goign to resell them when the t1 ships. i lose a little money but my ears are addicted to crack it seems.

Feb 18, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #1,979 of 3,971
to all who are waiting: we do our best to fulfill all orders as soon as possible - but sometimes, the world is not enough:wink: honestly, the success of the T1 exceeded all expectations and we want to give ever customer the same quality and manufacturing level. so if it takes a little bit more time - it is not due to a "not-willing-to-fulfill-orders". The waiting is worth every single moment...

Feb 19, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #1,980 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by snejk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MacedonianHero,
Have you had time to roll tubes with the T1/MAD combo? I'd be really interested in your findings.

My favourite with the T1 is the Sylvania 12AX7 NOS Grey Triple Mica Gold Lettering tube. But the 5751 suits both the T1 and RS1i (32ohm) better, so I often use that (also Sylvania NOS Grey Triple Mica Gold Lettering).

My next favourite is a NOS 12AX7 Mullard...(not the reissue, but the old British made one) very nice. Surprisingly the re-issue Tung Sol 12AX7 Gold Pins is quite good too, easier to find and cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back