Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Feb 17, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #1,951 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The comment I quote above makes absolutely no sense to me, and I am not new to this area. Perhaps you can clarify?

Sorry, I've got to chime in and say I love your Marty Short avatar! Hilarious!
icon10.gif

Feb 17, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #1,952 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by bdh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another year to wait for a closed T1?! Uggg! The biggest dilema is I would like to hear peoples reviews of all three models of T1 before I buy one to try.

Yeah, that's a shame - I love the T1's so much I would like to have the closed version much sooner - but hope it's true that they really do plan one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoReMi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skylab what would you go for :
simphony
concerto\CORDA STAGEDAC combo

Would the combo solution be an important upgrade to the simphony in terms of power and quality sound with the coming T1?

I'm sorry I can't help there - I have only heard the Concerto - none of the rest.

Feb 17, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #1,953 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, I've got to chime in and say I love your Marty Short avatar! Hilarious!
icon10.gif

Heh, thanks. I thought it appropriate. I have to give credit to Voltron for finding it. To go further OT, Martin Short is now playing a sleazy lawyer on the TV drama "Damages," which I think is an inspired casting move.
smile_phones.gif

Feb 17, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #1,954 of 3,971
Quote:

Heh, thanks. I thought it appropriate. I have to give credit to Voltron for finding it. To go further OT, Martin Short is now playing a sleazy lawyer on the TV drama "Damages," which I think is an inspired casting move.
smile_phones.gif

He is brilliant...being a huge SCTV fan I have long appreciated Martin Short's comedy...I must say...

I'll have to now catch an episode of Damages. I didn't realize that he was in it.
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #1,955 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by neptius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Head-fi friends, today I spoke by skype with good friend from Beyerdynamic headquarters from Germany and I obtained new info about T1 and comming products. Friend said me that they concentrate on production of T1 for this year. In the end of this year, before Christmass or during next year, they will release the open and closed variant. They will be probbably released together.

You mean we have to wait until Christmas or next year for the current open T1 to be available again?

I think this lack of available product is a bunch of malarky. Surely there can't be that big a demand for a $1100 headphone. Or is it better to not have something available, create a "waiting list", then it creates a bigger "demand"?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, that's a shame - I love the T1's so much I would like to have the closed version much sooner - but hope it's true that they really do plan one!

Just curious but, if I may ask, why..? You already own the open? Why you want a closed?

Feb 17, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #1,956 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just curious but, if I may ask, why..? You already own the open? Why you want a closed?

Because I can only use an open headphone at work. At home, a closed headphone is required for me - my kids make a lot of noise
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #1,957 of 3,971
Thanks for the valuable info neptius. No one can be 100% sure if it's accurate but to me, it makes sense considering Beyerdynamic's current lineup of closed/semi-open/open offerings. I have a strong preference for open cans and the sound they provide so I'll wait for the open version of the T1.

Feb 17, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #1,959 of 3,971
Perhaps a fully open T1 would be able to give the HD800 a run for its money in the soundstage department. Though we'll be waiting a full year to find out. I've personally come to believe that depth is better than width when it comes to soundstage, and the T1 seems to be competent in this regard. Still, I can't help but wonder what pangs of regret one might feel for not waiting for the fully open version.

Owners have generally found the sounstage of the T1 good despite it being semi-open right? Better than the HD650 and on par with the K701 in width if i remember the comments correctly.

Feb 17, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #1,960 of 3,971
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/1576/dscn0081y.jpg
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/7613/dscn0082l.jpg

Here's my T1 recabled with 26awg 7N silver cable and cryo-treated at -156℃.
Althouh it's very thick and a little uncomfortable when listening to the music due to the twisted 4-wire configuration and the silk expander, the overall sound is very good.

When compared to the stock cable, it's smoother, clearer and gives more air. Bass goes down a little deeper.
And though the cable has just been cyro-treated for 3 days, the soundstage/headstage is a litter wider than the stock.
(My friend's HD800, 7N silver recabled and cyro-treated together, has about the half the soundstage of the stock. Maybe it will need a several hundreds of burn-in time.)

I don't know what made the difference of the soundstage/headstage between the two cables, headphones.
But the guy who recabled T1, HD800 and cryo-treated the two cables says :
"Removing the two shield cables from T1 will make its soundstage/headstage a little wider and the twisted 4-wire cofiguration instead of the linear configuration will also give more width to the soundstage/headstage."

I hope the sound will get better after some burn-in time. Thanks for reading and sorry for my poor English.

Feb 17, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #1,961 of 3,971
MacedonianHero – please try Casea Lyra solid amp with T1. You will be shocked how perfectly they sound with this solid amp. The producer can optimalize this amp perfectly for low impedance models, but perfectly for high impedance one. HD 800 with this amp sounds beautifully. The price for this amp is very good and quality to price ratio is excellent. This is not „brutal high end“, but perfect quality in range of very acceptable human price tag.

Beagle – this is only „gross“ information. In the plan is to extend with open and closed version, but when, it is question for future, it could be to next IFA (orders before Christmass), but it could be one year letter etc. Beyer now produces T1, because a lot of people are very interested on this model, they has a lot of offers so customers are waiting a lot. But when you want speculate on waiting for open or closed version, there is the risk that the pre-order and „real“ order can take couple of weeks or two-three mounts when you obtain model to hands, same as for T1, and especially for HD 800. So it is more strategical to purchase „actual“ T1, and when you will find very strong arguments to have open or closed version, then you can buy another one, or sell T1 and purchase „more optimal“ model. You can have excellent pleasure or experience with actual T1 and you not need wait several mounts, you can have fun now.

The price, I think, something near T1, you can not expect that closed version will cost 500 dolars, this is unreal but same is for price tag like 1,500 dolars. I think, something near T1.

Skylab – your strategy is actually optimal. When you like T1, you can listen them to the moment when open or closed will release. If it happens, you can do decisions and you know right information what you obtain, you know sound characteristics of actual T1. Naturally, there will be some differenes, it is rational, but not „dramatical“.

I think, the list of head-fi friends who know or like you, your comments, they will be very interested to have skylab’s souvenir, loved model, so here is good exclusiveness ...
smily_headphones1.gif
I own T1 but I forget to pay them, I obtained my free of payment directly from producers company …
smily_headphones1.gif
So I have no chance for exclusiveness as you.
smily_headphones1.gif

The Monkey – The cables. As I said many times, there is used the cable which is only to the some ratio of complete price of headphones, at about 15 percents. This is true for most (or all) high end and super high end models. When headphones costs 240 euro, then 15 percents is 36 euro. When headphones costs 890 euro then it is 133,5 euro for cable. The cable for premium models is (in general) same as for DT 770. Because Beyer apply hardwired form, there the recabling is different as for Sennheiser models. Because the price tag for T1 opened much bigger space for higher cable quality, and service or support centers for Beyer are allowed do recabling, Beyer only made rational decision for owners of premium series to do cable upgrade with REGULAR Beyer cable, applied in model from higher class. Simply said, rational decision, and naturally, you can obtain classical 6.3 mm jack or balanced XLR version.

The problem with stock cable for T1 is very different aspect. The price ratio of cable for T1 to price of complete DT 770 is “very strong”, so the customer accepts that there the cable costs at about half of headphones. In this aspect, the cable from T1 is relatively accurate for premium models. But the same regular situation is for super high ends, T1 model, so there you need, for very serious application, apply cable from higher level (class), where the price ration is “terrible”, at about 50 or more percents. When you want apply very serious high end amps, or serious balanced connection, recabling is necessary for you for T1, same as for premium models. That’s all.

Feb 18, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #1,962 of 3,971
wnmnkh – I think yes.

dlrkdnjs – Please correct addresses to pictures. The recabling is made in general to improve the quality of headphones reproduction in several aspects. As better devices you want apply, as their are with higher level of detail, sound stage (space presentation), clarity, smooth aspect of the sound, details in bass and especially highs, more and more you request higher cable quality. When you want apply top high end toys like Ray Samuels B-52, Eddie Current Balancing act, Rudistor RP 010B or other, then you need serious high end cable, so there absolutely customer need forget about stock cable. There the stock cable is only „for decoration“, to obtain headphones to be playing able, but NOT for listening ... I listen recabled HD 800 with so spoken Kraut class Passion Gold type Swarovski cable with Balancing act amp or Rudistor RP 010B and the result? Say 10 superlatives and you are in the beginning ...
smily_headphones1.gif
The price tag for this cable is different story ...
smily_headphones1.gif

The Monkey - All producers has the base of their customers. This base is a group of music enthusiasts who are interested on things around. The producer applies several methods for communication with customers, from single one to audiophile enthusiasts “grouped” in some club or forum. In past, there was the strategic place “stereo” or “music” journals, today are more preferred web things. In head-fi, some has direct account and they does direct communication, business, marketing, service etc. This is true for smaller one, for their market partners, distributors etc. But for “big” companies, they apply “associated” forms of communication. So they present info trough their information system, web pages, their associated partners and they then pass info to other vertex in tree and then to customer. Because I does the projects for visually impaired, and I does communication with producers, so sometimes you obtain some information which is helpful for true audiophile customers, interested on current producer’s products, like here for T1 or Beyer headphones. When I obtained something, I only presented, helpful for funs, to do plans or decisions for future. But naturally, all is with epsilon of unconcreteness and speculation, because we spoke about less or more future plans. When they will release, all will know it, simply said. Naturally, I have nothing with Beyer, Senn, Denon, Kraut …, I only sometimes does communication, because I need some info for projects.

Feb 18, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #1,963 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think this lack of available product is a bunch of malarky. Surely there can't be that big a demand for a $1100 headphone. Or is it better to not have something available, create a "waiting list", then it creates a bigger "demand"?

It worked for Nintendo and the Wii...so it could be the real reason behind it...I would not be surprised!

Feb 18, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #1,964 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xcalibur255 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps a fully open T1 would be able to give the HD800 a run for its money in the soundstage department.

Personally I think the semi-open current T1 does give the HD800 a run for its money on sound stage...but it does come in second, but not by a large margin by any means!
beyersmile.png

Feb 18, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #1,965 of 3,971
Quote:

The comment I quote above makes absolutely no sense to me, and I am not new to this area. Perhaps you can clarify?

What are you, dense? If you need further clarification, then here you go:

Quote:

Originally Posted by neptius
So they present info trough their information system, web pages, their associated partners and they then pass info to other vertex in tree and then to customer.

Obviously.
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back