Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Jan 10, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #1,233 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by neptius /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Kraut Passion - Reference Gold, same alloy of silver and gold, previous model before Swarovski model

Dude, I can't stop laughing!
darthsmile.gif

Recabling headphones is (in almost every case) a very bad joke and suitable for people that have "more money than brains" (original quote from a Head-Fi member), but having a company that is called Kraut Wire is even more funny... especially for me as a German...

My T1 will arrive soon and than I'll try to make a little review/comparison... I hope I won't be disappointed.

Jan 10, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #1,234 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadneddz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice Ed, do you happen to remember the setup?

I used my HifiMan line out to a HeadAmp Pico as an amp. Barely enough power for the T1.

I believe Beyerdynamic's set up at CES was their A1 amp with an Onkyo SACD player as a source.

-Ed

Jan 10, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #1,238 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by CountChoculaBot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the price staying at $995 after general release or is it going up to its regular $1295 (or whatever price that'd be)?

Probably staying, if not dropping, due to market competition. I think the price will settle around 75% of MSRP within a year or two, just like beyer's other phones.

Jan 10, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #1,239 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by neptius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have post gradual (PHD) degree, so I present you scientific and very serious knowledge.

I teach in an MBA program, and often refer to a certain segment of my students (the not so "gifted" ones) as "gradual" students.

Jan 10, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #1,240 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I teach in an MBA program, and often refer to a certain segment of my students (the not so "gifted" ones) as "gradual" students.

But do they present to you scientific and very serious knowledge?

Jan 10, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #1,241 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's pretty good.

Jan 10, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #1,243 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by pearljam5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Edwood,did you think that the T1 is better than the HD800?

Didn't have an HD800 to compare head to head. I'll probably be getting one to give it some quality time at home to listen to.

Jan 10, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #1,244 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Didn't have an HD800 to compare head to head. I'll probably be getting one to give it some quality time at home to listen to.

You're being evasive, man! We want ANSWERS!!!!, and we want them NOW!!!! Tell us all what to do! Tell us now!

We want to know what the experts think so that we'll know what we think we should think when we hear them, so that we won't have to wait, so that we won't have to do our own comparisons, so that we'll know whether the T1s are worth it, so that we'll know whether to post about the T1s in the 'most overrated' or 'most underrated' threads.

C'mon, Ed!!! Tell us what you think so we'll know what we think we should think!!!

Jan 10, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #1,245 of 3,971
You know some of us have very limited funds to throw at this hobby and have little to no access to the headphones for demo purposes. Hearing the opinions of others is better than buying completely blind, wouldn't you say? The sheer amount of ill will that is thrown around in threads like these is pretty disheartening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back